[Gathering Interest] Cigar Box Pass (6 Viewers)

Wow, aside from the P.G. all my puts went FAST! (and I think the only reason folks are sleeping on the P.G. is they don't know)

Wow, aside from the P.G. all my puts went FAST! (and I think the only reason folks are sleeping on the P.G. is they don't know)
I wasn't sleeping....I was being considerate. I would have taken all of your puts and added 20 of mine

Last edited:
Box arrived yesterday. USPS had something against it and it barely made it here in one piece. I will be replacing it with a new one when I go to the post office. The boveda packs were all dried up so I've moved all the sticks into a glad tupperware container (sorry I didn't have anything with any extra space) and added a large sized boveda pack. Here is what I received, my puts and takes. I also made a list of everything so that you all don't have to dig too much for what is in the box.

While I am wife free this weekend, I am chasing a little one around tomorrow morning and am hosting my first poker night in a long time tomorrow night. Will try and get to the post-office after I drop off my youngest one with his grandma. At the latest I will have this package in the mail by Monday. I will PM @Lil Tuna and get his address tonight.

What I received...
  1. Triumph Sampler
  2. H Upmann Magnum 46
  3. My Father Garcia & Garcia
  4. PG Symphony 20 Belicoso
  5. Muestra de Saka The Bewitched
  6. Oliva Master Blends 3 Churchill
  7. Montecristo #2
  8. Oliva Serie V Melanio Churchill
  9. Hoyo De Monterey Epicure Especial
  10. The King is Dead 5x40
  11. LFD Double Ligero
  12. Ramon Allones by AJ Fernandez Toro
  13. Cavalier Genève US Regional Exclusive Toro
  14. Arturo Fuente Natural Double Chateau
  15. Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Connecticut Robusto
  16. Perdomo Champagne Gran Toro
  17. Montecristo Artisan Series
Unfortunately, the Montecristo Artisan had mold on the wrapper and the foot of the cigar. I went ahead and replaced it with a Tat Series P. All other sticks in the package looked OK.

View attachment 1195845

My takes...
  1. Muestra de Saka The Bewitched
  2. Montecristo #2
  3. Hoyo De Monterey Epicure Especial
  4. LFD Double Ligero
  5. Cavalier Genève US Regional Exclusive Toro
View attachment 1195846

My puts...

1. Liga Privada #9 Corona Doble
  2. Liga Privada H99 Robusto
  3. Tatuaje Cojonu 2018
  4. Asylum 13 Ogre 7x70
  5. Curivari Reserva Limitada 4000
  6. Tatuaje Tattoo Series P Short Robusto

View attachment 1195847

Just catching up on this, I believe that Monte was one of my puts, I f'n triple checked all my cigars for condition, really upsetting to hear one had some mold. That stick was a relatively new addition to my cabinet though (that'll be the last time I ever shop there), maybe there was some hidden that got worse once it got into a more humid spot (I keep my cabinet at like 64-65). Shoot me a PM with your addy if you'd like something else as replacement, sorry :(

Just catching up on this, I believe that Monte was one of my puts, I f'n triple checked all my cigars for condition, really upsetting to hear one had some mold. That stick was a relatively new addition to my cabinet though (that'll be the last time I ever shop there), maybe there was some hidden that got worse once it got into a more humid spot (I keep my cabinet at like 64-65). Shoot me a PM with your addy if you'd like something else as replacement, sorry :(
It happens. It happened with me and four kicks when they were brand new to market. Had to explain it to the B&M owner over the phone that there was no way it was plume. Brought in the brand new box and had him open every box. They all were covered in mold.

That wasn't the only time that my B&M that I was frequenting tried to tell me that mold was plume:

It happens. It happened with me and four kicks when they were brand new to market. Had to explain it to the B&M owner over the phone that there was no way it was plume. Brought in the brand new box and had him open every box. They all were covered in mold.

That wasn't the only time that my B&M that I was frequenting tried to tell me that mold was plume:
99.999999% of “plume” is mold. Actual occurrence of significant plume is rare and the result of careful long term cigar care. I imagine many regular smokers could go their entire life not seeing plume more than a few times if they don’t seek it out.

When it doubt, it’s mold. It’s a shame but it happens. Had a box of Cohibas from Ihav that came moldy that they were not very helpful about. A very sad FestiveKnight

Hey guys,

I haven’t heard from @BNM yet by PM to get his mailing address. Figured I’d wait a couple more days and maybe ship it to the next person on the list if that’s agreeable to everyone?

Will check back this afternoon on the feedback to maybe doing it this way.

Thanks,

Tuna

Hey guys,

I haven’t heard from @BNM yet by PM to get his mailing address. Figured I’d wait a couple more days and maybe ship it to the next person on the list if that’s agreeable to everyone?

Will check back this afternoon on the feedback to maybe doing it this way.

Thanks,

Tuna
He’s Chilean. @BNM is probably still hungover from Independence Day celebrations.

Got pics of puts and pulls while we wait?
Sure do.
IMG_5144.jpeg

These are my pulls…….
IMG_5145.jpeg

These will be my puts….
IMG_5146.jpeg

And that’s a wrap folks!

Here’s where we started:

1695863045777.jpeg

And here’s where we are now:

IMG_4106.jpeg

Thank you all for participating! None of the original sticks made their way back to me which gives me some satisfaction. I hope you all enjoyed. Keep your eyes out for something new for me. I’ve got some ideas cooking and may kick another cigar-related thing off in a few weeks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom