Cigar Box Pass #2 (1 Viewer)

FestiveKnight

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
It’s time for Cigar Box Pass # 2 - Eclectic Boogaloo

That’s not a typo. To put a theme on this one, I propose we do a slightly more “eclectic” box pass for this next round by excluding the most popular cigar brands in America. More below.

Rules:
  1. Members must have Flush or higher (1K+) or must be strongly vouched for by another participating member or show proof of good standing and participation on another cigar forum.
  2. Sticks must be >= $12ea MSRP
  3. USA only
  4. No infused/flavored

Eclectic Theme Rule:

This link claims that the most popular brands in the US are:
  • Arturo Fuente
  • Padron
  • Perdomo
  • Romeo y Julieta
  • Rocky Patel
  • Davidoff
  • My Father
  • Oliva
  • Macanudo
  • Ashton
Unless everyone is extremely opposed to this, I propose excluding any of these brands from this pass.

I will again seed the initial box and randomize order. We’ll run this if we get at least 8 participants. Tagging the folks from last time.

@Hot Nuts @NotRealNameNoSir @CraigT78 @Lil Tuna @Irish @JustDave @Jonesey07 @chippitydoodah @ngmcs8203 @RowlettTexasChipGuy

Attachments

• 1698552724674.png
    1698552724674.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Lol, I'm not sure I have any that fit the criteria.

In pending humidor review.

Exciting opportunity to check out some new stuff?

Or could be not interesting at all for folks. If enough people prefer just a normal BP again I’m happy to do that. Honestly just leaning into the nature of these which can be about exposure to new sticks and the meme of “Eclectic Boogaloo.”

The first one was fun but Im out. I dont want to be specifically looking for expensive cigars from brands I don't know well, and the calculation is too much for me. Sorry if I was one of the ones with the imbalance, didn't mean to take advantage.

I'm going to sit this one out, thanks.

Yeah the less rules the better IMO. No clue if I took more than I put in or not but if it’s that crucial that people have to PM about what is put in or taken out, I’ll sit this out. I love the idea and the community aspect behind it but I can’t get behind having to have a price monitor.

It's decided. I much prefer less rules as well. Good to iterate on these things. Nixing that whole thing. Also lowered minimum price to $10 which brings in a ton of great sticks in the $10.50 - $12 range.

Thoughts on eclectic brands or that not interesting to folks?

The first one was fun but Im out. I dont want to be specifically looking for expensive cigars from brands I don't know well, and the calculation is too much for me. Sorry if I was one of the ones with the imbalance, didn't mean to take advantage.
I'm going to sit this one out, thanks.
Yeah the less rules the better IMO. No clue if I took more than I put in or not but if it’s that crucial that people have to PM about what is put in or taken out, I’ll sit this out. I love the idea and the community aspect behind it but I can’t get behind having to have a price monitor.
Price checking rule removed. Wanted to put it out there but TBH glad it was shot down. In?

It's decided. I much prefer less rules as well. Good to iterate on these things. Nixing that whole thing. Also lowered minimum price to $10 which brings in a ton of great sticks in the $10.50 - $12 range.

Thoughts on eclectic brands or that not interesting to folks?
I totally get the question, but now that we know people are PMing and complaining about what was given/taken, really kills the fun community aspect I had.

Hope this goes well but I won't be in at any range. Don't mean this rudely, just honest about how I feel on it. Glad I joined the first one and I hope people enjoy this one as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom