[Gathering Interest] Cigar Box Pass (1 Viewer)

What I received and my pulls

View attachment 1189734

My puts....the 2 on the right are for @FestiveKnight for putting this together. I'll package those separately in the box and mark them. Sorry about the reflection.

View attachment 1189735

Drew Estate Undercrown 10
My Father La Gran Oferta
Ashton VSG
Oliva V Melanio
Oliva Master Blend 3

Oliva V Melanio
Oliva V

Let's try this again. Been away since Saturday.

What I received and my pulls.

1693862549363.png

My puts....the 2 on the right are for @FestiveKnight for putting this together.

1693862606134.png

The pulls and the puts.

IMG_3604.jpeg

I don’t have a box code for the HdM.
MC no 2 is RAT FEB 22
Fonseca no 1 is AGR OCT 14
Yellow band “the bewitched” is a Muestra de Saka.
P.G. Symphony 20 is a medium bodied cigar that is made by a local boutique that is small but very well regarded.

The pulls and the puts.

View attachment 1192281

MC no 2 is RAT FEB 22
P.G. Symphony 20 is a medium bodied cigar that is made by a local boutique that is small but very well regarded.
Come to Papa

The pulls and the puts.

View attachment 1192281

MC no 2 is RAT FEB 22
Dang was hoping for that LFD! Great choices on both sides. Muestra de Saka are killer.

TBH, I was packing it back up and had been super on the fence about LFD or the shark and I think I'm going back for the shark instead.
Ah ha! I’ve still got a chance!

Seriously though, I didn’t say anything until after I thought someone took it because I don’t want to people to feel influenced by me. There’s a lot of great sticks in the mix and the fun for me has been in watching this thing work it’s way around the country.

Ah ha! I’ve still got a chance!

Seriously though, I didn’t say anything until after I thought someone took it because I don’t want to people to feel influenced by me. There’s a lot of great sticks in the mix and the fun for me has been in watching this thing work it’s way around the country.
no bother

I had gone back and forth about 'do I really need another lancero' and really wanted to take the chance to broaden my exposure. I've got a lot of AF sticks, but I rarely smoke anything that dark so I'm going to save it for something good.

no bother

I had gone back and forth about 'do I really need another lancero' and really wanted to take the chance to broaden my exposure. I've got a lot of AF sticks, but I rarely smoke anything that dark so I'm going to save it for something good.
Lanceros are superior. The double ligero LFD is an all time classic.

Edit: so glad this was my 500th comment and not me ranting about something stupid.

Last edited:
Had a big box on my porch when I got home and knew I wasn't expecting any chip sets. Completely forgot about the Cigar Box Pass! Only took me about 10 minutes to make my choices.
Polish_20230911_172945702.jpg

I pretty much had a group of cigars ready and waiting to go so the put went very quickly
Polish_20230911_172802894.jpg

As for the E.P. Carillo box it's up to you if you want the whole thing or pull one or two out. MSRP is $40.
20230911_173120.jpg

20230911_173159.jpg

I'm interested to try the Bongani since it's Africa's first premium cigar (Africa Puro could become something).

Anyway, @ngmcs8203 is on deck and the box should be on its way tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Had a big box on my porch when I got home and knew I wasn't expecting any chip sets. Completely forgot about the Cigar Box Pass! Only took me about 10 minutes to make my choices.
View attachment 1193941

I pretty much had a group of cigars ready and waiting to go so the put went very quickly
View attachment 1193942

As for the E.P. Carillo box it's up to you if you want the whole thing or pull one or two out. MSRP is $40.
View attachment 1193947
View attachment 1193949

I'm interested to try the Bongani since it's Africa's first premium cigar (Africa Puro could become something).

Anyway, @ngmcs8203 is on deck and the box should be on its way tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

 Kevin

@ngmcs8203 is up next
Great choices. That EPC box is cool. If you haven’t packed it all up yet, mind dropping a pic of the whole set after your exchanges? Losing a bit of track of what’s in there lol.

I did. It's for whomever has a use for it. I never ended up using it and it was just sitting on the shelf. If it was a little bigger, I would have put some racks of chips in it.
Let me know what you think of the El Rico

That is a cigar from 1999, my local shop redid their humidor and they found a couple of boxes of them, I got a box for helping them do some of the grunt work.

Hmm. I think likely we’ll pause for a moment when it backs to me and then if interested we can certainly send the box back out for another trip around the country.

There’s also other stuff we can do like blind samplers and all posting reviews etc

We can also do these a bit more targeted. This has been an interesting mix of stuff but we could specially try for more homogeneity (or not!)

Box arrived yesterday. USPS had something against it and it barely made it here in one piece. I will be replacing it with a new one when I go to the post office. The boveda packs were all dried up so I've moved all the sticks into a glad tupperware container (sorry I didn't have anything with any extra space) and added a large sized boveda pack. Here is what I received, my puts and takes. I also made a list of everything so that you all don't have to dig too much for what is in the box.

While I am wife free this weekend, I am chasing a little one around tomorrow morning and am hosting my first poker night in a long time tomorrow night. Will try and get to the post-office after I drop off my youngest one with his grandma. At the latest I will have this package in the mail by Monday. I will PM @Lil Tuna and get his address tonight.

What I received...
  1. Triumph Sampler
  2. H Upmann Magnum 46
  3. My Father Garcia & Garcia
  4. PG Symphony 20 Belicoso
  5. Muestra de Saka The Bewitched
  6. Oliva Master Blends 3 Churchill
  7. Montecristo #2
  8. Oliva Serie V Melanio Churchill
  9. Hoyo De Monterey Epicure Especial
  10. The King is Dead 5x40
  11. LFD Double Ligero
  12. Ramon Allones by AJ Fernandez Toro
  13. Cavalier Genève US Regional Exclusive Toro
  14. Arturo Fuente Natural Double Chateau
  15. Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Connecticut Robusto
  16. Perdomo Champagne Gran Toro
  17. Montecristo Artisan Series
Unfortunately, the Montecristo Artisan had mold on the wrapper and the foot of the cigar. I went ahead and replaced it with a Tat Series P. All other sticks in the package looked OK.

IMG_2484 .jpg

My takes...
  1. Muestra de Saka The Bewitched
  2. Montecristo #2
  3. Hoyo De Monterey Epicure Especial
  4. LFD Double Ligero
  5. Cavalier Genève US Regional Exclusive Toro
IMG_2493 copy.jpg

My puts...

1. Liga Privada #9 Corona Doble
  2. Liga Privada H99 Robusto
  3. Tatuaje Cojonu 2018
  4. Asylum 13 Ogre 7x70
  5. Curivari Reserva Limitada 4000
  6. Tatuaje Tattoo Series P Short Robusto

IMG_2486 copy.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom