Friendly Fit Competition? (1 Viewer)

Lol lets wait til the actual thread to derail! Still wanting to confirm participants and allow for last couple entries.

We'll share it again in the PMs, but the expectation for "bounties" or prizes would just be a simple sample set, ≈ $15-20. If someone wants to do DBs and a CCs, or a sample set, or even just an awesome Card Capper or 2, cool. The prizes aren't the focus, just the journey and camaraderie.

Certainly some people will go above and beyond, but that's their choice. I personally need some damn motivation, so I'll be offering something good that I wouldn't want to lose.

That being said some people may be unsure, and they're free to reach out for assistance (already had 2 folks ask).

Also, we have some folks who were interested or following along, but this outfit didn't quite match their needs. As in hey, I'd love to join, but I really need to tone up and drop 10-15 over these next 3 months, not anything that would "win".

Feel free to join in without the competition/prize aspect. We're adding a "goal weight" for the 3 months, and can organize the Dashboard or results by that as well (I think, still have to ask). So @markleteenie, @FDLmold, @FordPickup92, @Big Jilm, @liftapint and whoever else, if you want to jump in for the accountability and set a personal goal for the 12 weeks, just let me know and we'll get that added in!

Also, we have some folks who were interested or following along, but this outfit didn't quite match their needs. As in hey, I'd love to join, but I really need to tone up and drop 10-15 over these next 3 months, not anything that would "win".

Feel free to join in without the competition/prize aspect. We're adding a "goal weight" for the 3 months, and can organize the Dashboard or results by that as well (I think, still have to ask). So @markleteenie, @FDLmold, @FordPickup92, @Big Jilm, @liftapint and whoever else, if you want to jump in for the accountability and set a personal goal for the 12 weeks, just let me know and we'll get that added in!
Can I add a personal chip diet goal too?

The booze is going to be the battle!!
I think it'll be cool to see what different people are doing. I know a couple people are going to try and cold turkey vices like sugar and alcohol for the duration, others are focusing on physical workouts and treating themselves with a beer here and there, etc.

I think we'll do 3 group PMs so it's easier for folks to share and such. For me it's the food that's gotten out of control, I won't be measuring or anything but I'll be eating clean and intermittent fasting.

For me, it’s Covid. I used to workout most days...but all of the races I was training for were cancelled for Covid. Keep eating and drinking like you’re training when you’re not...and the pounds pack on!

That’s my issue too as a new chipper but I’m hoping we can agree on something!!

So I’m torn...I’m on vacation so I can’t do my official starting scale pic until I get home after the holiday weekend. If I start eating right and working out now, I’m just making it harder for myself to win by dropping weight before that pic. If instead I eat, drink, and be merry...potentially a worse starting weight when I do get the pic which helps my chances!

If the above sounds like justification for procrastination...well then...you sir/ma’am are beginning to understand how my brain works!!!

So I’m torn...I’m on vacation so I can’t do my official starting scale pic until I get home after the holiday weekend. If I start eating right and working out now, I’m just making it harder for myself to win by dropping weight before that pic. If instead I eat, drink, and be merry...potentially a worse starting weight when I do get the pic which helps my chances!

If the above sounds like justification for procrastination...well then...you sir/ma’am are beginning to understand how my brain works!!!
People will either follow through or drop off. I doubt an extra day or three does much for folks, but you know you’re good to get the start in after vacay.

Im out for a “run” now, trying to snap a little cold. I’ve never been in this bad of shape before, it’s going to be a rough first month.

My being on PCF should be evidence of how poor this supposed jog is going.

image.jpg

Will be following up with all folks involved tonight.

Alright I believe I followed up with most folks. Already confirmed for the competition we have about 20 people ready to go for Monday! Folks start messaging me your "bounties", and I'll get those organized and published on the thread.

Soon as we have confirmation from the last few folks, we'll send out everyone's links for weigh ins, start the new thread, and the group PMs. We are organized and ready to go!

If you have anyone you want to tag, feel free. We're in that sweet spot of being around 24 contestants, so we don't need more folks but they're welcome to join!

As you guys know, I will be doing my own thing and will not be participating in the competition. I am just exercising regularly (including running, biking, shooting hoops, push ups and planks) and eating a healthier diet - mainly Mediterranean. I will be checking in to share numbers from time to time and to encourage everyone to kick ass.

MONTHLY CHECK IN:

August: 175.0 lb - BMI: 27.4 - BP: 156/94
September: 167.6 lb - BMI: 26.2 - BP: 144/86

22 STUDENT LOAN PAYMENTS REMAINING

Last edited:
As you guys know, I will be doing my own thing and will not be participating in the competition. I am just exercising regularly (including running, biking, shooting hoops, push ups and planks) and eating a healthier diet - mainly Mediterranean. I will be checking in to share numbers from time to time and to encourage everyone to kick ass.

MONTHLY CHECK IN:

That's awesome ! Keep it up :tup:

MONTHLY CHECK IN:

That's killer nice improvement! I'll still send you a link, just so you can put in your numbers throughout the 3 months and show up on the dashboard and we can follow along with your progress as well.

I'm looking forward to getting going here, seeing what all everyone is doing. I like what you're up to, seems fun and something that you can do long term. I'm starting easy, intermittent fasting and running a couple times a week. Hoping to mix in biking and those hoops you mention once we're moved in to new house.

Ok so this thing ends at Nov 30th - what are the thoughts of adding a 2-week maintenance period? Just a little disincentive to binge back old habits, which is super bad for you right after a period of weight loss (your metabolism will be depressed somewhat)

My proposal - you must weigh-in at or below your nov 30th weight sometime between week of 12/14 - 12/20. If you come in higher, that's your new final weight.

Example 1: Good froggy
Nov 30th: 204.8
Dec 16th: 204.4
Final weight from nov 30th of 204.8 is qualified.

Example 2: Bad Froggy
Dec 18th: 206.2
Final weight from nov 30th is penalized and only get credit for reaching 206.2

Thoughts?

Ok so this thing ends at Nov 30th - what are the thoughts of adding a 2-week maintenance period? Just a little disincentive to binge back old habits, which is super bad for you right after a period of weight loss (your metabolism will be depressed somewhat)

My proposal - you must weigh-in at or below your nov 30th weight sometime between week of 12/14 - 12/20. If you come in higher, that's your new final weight.

Example 1: Good froggy
Dec 16th: 204.4
Final weight from nov 30th of 204.8 is qualified.

Example 2: Bad Froggy
Dec 18th: 206.2
Final weight from nov 30th is penalized and only get credit for reaching 206.2

Thoughts?
I think we just stick with it ending there. For some folks, they'll want to indulge come holidays. The goal is to keep this as wide open as possible, to help out the most folks and make it easy (just based on the feedback via PMs).

THAT BEING SAID, I know for yourself, me, Ben, and some others, the hope is for this to help cause significant change, habit changing. There are a couple people who are interested in this being 6 months or a year, or tacking on another 3 months after with the same setup (for me personally, this is just a nice community way to help a bunch of us get going. I'll be pushing this until SQM, trying to see what I can do by then).

Lets get this underway and let people get going, and as we near the conclusion, we'll come back around and chat with folks that want to keep on fighting the good fight.

Lets get this underway and let people get going, and as we near the conclusion, we'll come back around and chat with folks that want to keep on fighting the good fight.

I agree with this. I'm definitely open to continuing the challenge, but starting is almost always the hardest and most important part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom