Official Fit Competition (Sept 7 - Nov 30) (1 Viewer)

So Follow up... I was hoping for 199 as a Christmas Mirracle. Got up and got on the scale dressed in what I came into this world wearing... 199.8! Yes!! Ok let me throw on some socks and snap a pic for the forum (I am weird about feet pictures! Lol) 200.2.... try again, 200.2.... damn it!! Alright let me pee and try again!! 200.4... you know what! Nevermind, not happening today!

Skipped the scale Saturday and Sunday, I had a full Christmas meal followed by Apple cranberry crumb pie and Brie made a home made Key lime pie and freaking knocked it out of the park!! I had both and not sorry about my choices! But no cookies all weekend!!

Un healthy leftovers on Saturday before poker night @guyfleegman place where had had an assortment of delicious smelling foods and the hot dog roller going all night long. Believe me I wanted to with did not have anything!

Last night was second Christmas with Bries family! She went skimpy on my first plate trying to starve me... I did go back for seconds, bad move and I never do that... but she only gave me like 300 calories! Lol and I only eat one meal a day now.

This morning
20201228_083336.jpg

.6 more pounds to 80 pounds gone!!

Hope you guys stayed on track through Christmas. It is definitely easy to fall off the wagon quickly!

This man is an oak! Not just the roller dogs...
Nathan’s with venison chili!
He wouldn’t touch a thing.
When I decide I am on a diet I stick to it man!! I'm not 135 lbs and could be on the cover of fitness like yourself brother!! Honest to God, worlds most fit pizza dude you will ever see!!

If I cheat I might as well have never started man!! This is a long journey but seeing 278 pounds on the scale there at the end of August was a huge slap in the face and wake up call for me!!

There is no way anyone would have wanted to see a 278 pound hairy beast on the beach in a Bikini for SQM in February!! Not that a 180 pound hairy old dude in a bikini is much better. But now that it seems like @BarrieJ3 may not come back... the whole photo shoot for custom chips is probably out the window now! Lol

When I decide I am on a diet I stick to it man!! I'm not 135 lbs and could be on the cover of fitness like yourself brother!! Honest to God, worlds most fit pizza dude you will ever see!!

If I cheat I might as well have never started man!! This is a long journey but seeing 278 pounds on the scale there at the end of August was a huge slap in the face and wake up call for me!!

There is no way anyone would have wanted to see a 278 pound hairy beast on the beach in a Bikini for SQM in February!! Not that a 180 pound hairy old dude in a bikini is much better. But now that it seems like @BarrieJ3 may not come back... the whole photo shoot for custom chips is probably out the window now! Lol
Hey man.
144 ready pounds!

2 weeks to SQM, my goal is 178 which is 100 pounds lost. This morning on the ole scale
20210131_125126.jpg

1.8 pounds to go!! Once again thank you all for the inspiration to change my lifestyles and get back on the right track! I was getting snug in 40 waist pants and now 34s are falling off! I hope those that were trying are still fighting the good fight! If this old beared dude can do it, all of you can as well!

2 weeks to SQM, my goal is 178 which is 100 pounds lost. This morning on the ole scale
View attachment 626442
1.8 pounds to go!! Once again thank you all for the inspiration to change my lifestyles and get back on the right track! I was getting snug in 40 waist pants and now 34s are falling off! I hope those that were trying are still fighting the good fight! If this old beared dude can do it, all of you can as well!
That’s WILD - very impressive brother, well done.

View attachment 626442
I am the most impressed that you have your socks on the correct feet. Well done sir.

I am the most impressed that you have your socks on the correct feet. Well done sir.
Some fugly old weekend bumb socks, but no way I could ever put them on the wrong feet. My OCD would not allow me to function! Then Brie can wear any 2 weird color socks and not bother her at all!! Funny how we are truly all built differently I guess

View attachment 626442
I’m holding steady at -60lbs overall (about -10 since the competition ended) but this is just nuts. Well done Chippin Buddy Ben, here’s to keeping it off!

View attachment 626442
Wow! Well done!! Utterly amazing you could lose that much in such a short time!!! Before and after pics?

Anyone still keeping up the good fight? @Jeff my birthday was 09/04
Screenshot_20200908-081110_Samsung Internet.jpg

278 pounds and never even played attention, it was really bad man!

My goal was 178 by SQM bit I hit a plateau about 2 weeks before. Literally the morning we left for SQM I was 177.8
20210222_134002.jpg

I haven't taken any more mostly naked pics! Lol

Brie and I at the race track last weekend
20210306_140225.jpg

Doesn't show much but much better than where I started a few short months ago.

This morning I saw 170 on the scale for the first time in many years. Decided to dig upthe weigh in link and update it.

I hope you guys are still on the good track!! Just because a competition isn't running doesn't mean you can't better yourself. 108 pounds lost thank you all for the inspiration to get it off of me!!

Anyone else have any updates on their weight loss journey?

Congrats again @Ben8257 - no weight loss goals for me this past year (usually I hover between 180-190 no matter what) but I did make a commitment to doing those "7 minute workouts" every morning starting on Feb 1st and today I completed my 46th consecutive day which I'm pretty happy about. Starting on April 1st I will begin to add in some outdoor running and move forward, slowly from that.

Anyone still keeping up the good fight? @Jeff my birthday was 09/04
View attachment 658443
278 pounds and never even played attention, it was really bad man!

My goal was 178 by SQM bit I hit a plateau about 2 weeks before. Literally the morning we left for SQM I was 177.8
View attachment 658444
I haven't taken any more mostly naked pics! Lol

Brie and I at the race track last weekend
View attachment 658445
Doesn't show much but much better than where I started a few short months ago.

This morning I saw 170 on the scale for the first time in many years. Decided to dig upthe weigh in link and update it.

I hope you guys are still on the good track!! Just because a competition isn't running doesn't mean you can't better yourself. 108 pounds lost thank you all for the inspiration to get it off of me!!

Anyone else have any updates on their weight loss journey?
an inspiration, really

I was thinking about this thread just yesterday when I hoped on the scale and saw 28X for the first time in almost a decade.

The pounds don't come off as easy as they did at the start but my overall fitness is always improving I feel. I started my journey when the lockdown started as with everything people didn't know about covid one thing that was pretty clear was being overweight was a huge risk factor. I'm down from 345 to the high 280s in a calendar year so call it 55 lbs in 365 days so I'll call that a win. Not only do I feel lighter, I feel just better being more active and I have made it a habit now that I feel like it's missing if I don't exercise every day.

I'm for one looking forward to post lockdown stuff as I've been interested in a few classes and gym activities that haven't been available. I'd like to be able to go to a gym and lift and also I want to start taking a yoga class as my flexibility is really poor.

How about everyone else?

I've been keeping up my workouts (but more HIIT/lifting than straight cardio) and maintaining good eating habits. I've been logging every meal, snack, and workout since Sept 7, along with daily morning weigh-ins. I hit a milestone this morning - down over 70 pounds since the start of the competition (current 207.8 from 278.4).

Edit: my current goal is to maintain all my changes (weight loss, workouts, etc.) until Sept 2021 - a full year since the competition started. After that, I think it's almost a lock that it will just be the new normal, not a yo-yo fad.

What works for me:
  • Tracking my meals and snacks - this really keeps me accountable, as I don't want to have to see myself "falling off the wagon" each time I see a cell that lists "quadruple bacon cheeseburger with large fries and extra large coke" or something similar for the third time in four days

• Giving myself some grace - At this point, I've lost over 70 pounds. No one sweet snack or indulgent meal is going to put that weight back on. I can have the god damn cheesecake if I want it! Discipline most of the time = Freedom some of time

• HIIT workouts - High-intensity interval training. I get strength and cardio in a shorter amount of time - my workouts are generally no more than 30-40 minutes per day, sometimes more if I do a spin session after lifting, and sometimes just 15-20 minutes if I'm pressed for time. For lifting, I currently do a Push/Pull/Legs split to focus on all the major muscle groups. I don't need a 400-pound bench press. I need a healthy heart and enough functional strength to lift heavy household/chore stuff without hurting something.

• Not planning to take days off. My workouts, etc. are short and easy enough that I can do something every day without risking injury or overtraining. Life will happen and I'll need to adjust, but my new default is to get a workout in every day.

• These YouTube links (I have these saved in the same sheet that I track my food and workouts in for easy access)
My setup is functional and not much more! Spin bike and rowing machine I got on used on FB market for ~$200 total. The dumbbells my parents bought for me when I was a high school football player.

FD5CE07F-C44A-4AD3-92A3-36F367C7DDD2.jpeg

Last edited:

Also, congrats @Ben8257! Your hard work in the competition helped push me to work harder myself, both during and since. I hope we can share whatever indulgent treats or vices we enjoy most at a meetup sometime!

Congrats @Ben8257 I weighed 277 January 4, 2020. 188 this morning. The government charts says I should weigh 175 at my height (5’ 11”). Those last 13 pounds are going to require more effort than all the others combined, I think. I guess I should probably get at it since none of it would have been possible without the Covid quarantining. Prolly gonna be back at the office and traveling for work at some point in the intermediate future.

Love seeing those updates. Im quite close to my goal weight, I lost 35 or so in the competition and another 25 since then. Only 6 lb to go. We got a Tonal installed which has made it super easy to maintain a work out routine...it’s pricey but if you’re looking for something compact, its pretty neat

an inspiration, really

I was thinking about this thread just yesterday when I hoped on the scale and saw 28X for the first time in almost a decade.

The pounds don't come off as easy as they did at the start but my overall fitness is always improving I feel. I started my journey when the lockdown started as with everything people didn't know about covid one thing that was pretty clear was being overweight was a huge risk factor. I'm down from 345 to the high 280s in a calendar year so call it 55 lbs in 365 days so I'll call that a win. Not only do I feel lighter, I feel just better being more active and I have made it a habit now that I feel like it's missing if I don't exercise every day.

I'm for one looking forward to post lockdown stuff as I've been interested in a few classes and gym activities that haven't been available. I'd like to be able to go to a gym and lift and also I want to start taking a yoga class as my flexibility is really poor.

How about everyone else?
Congratulations on the weigh loss and life transformation sir!! Loosing is loosing doesn't matter if its 5 pounds or 100! As long as you are making a conscious effort in the right direction. 55 pounds is a lot, I honestly didn't know if it was possible again or not, the last time I did a huge weight loss was 2004. I was 24 years old at the time. I busted my ass and worked out everyday for 3 months and lost 98 pounds. The next few years I would go.up a few and then take them off in January. Everyone says "don't throw away you fat clothes!" Which rather than paying you a compliment is about as sinister and jealous a comment can get. Unfortunately for many if us the inevitable is slipping into old habits and letting yourself go.

As with the last time I hope to keep it off, but if not at least I know what I need to do for an anual maintain kind of diet now. 165 was my favorite weight and if I get there great. If not that is ok. Now that we are back to racing season its beer and peanuts on the weekends. I guess we will see where I wind up!! Lol

Congratulations to everyone on your continued success, it was never about the what chips you can get. It's about being around for meet ups in 2040!! Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom