Friendly Fit Competition? (1 Viewer)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Shirts a little snug? Can't see your soldier?

Perthmike ran his self bet awhile back, but recently a couple chippers have mentioned getting back in shape (publicly and privately). Thought it might be fun to get those folks together for a friendly competition (maybe put a sample or card capper up), support, and assuredly some jeering by the public.

If you're a private person, we can keep a lot in PM, never publicly sharing your "numbers".

Just drop a line expressing interest and we'll get it organized.

Folks Jumping In!:
@BarrieJ3 (me)
@Frogzilla (messaged)
@DZPoker (messaged)
@JeepologyOffroad (messaged)
@12thMan interested (messaged)
@timinater (messaged)
@FordPickup92 (messaged)
@Natskule interested (messaged)
@colter ripton (messaged)
@dmoney interested (messaged)
@markleteenie interested (messaged)
@pacmartine (messaged)
@Ben8257 (messaged)
@colter ripton (messaged)
@Teach42 (messaged)
@ChipEnvy (messaged)
@AK Chip (messaged)
@Davism72 (interested) (messaged)
@Anthony Martino (maybe?)
@judgeanjury (messaged)
@ReallyGoodUsername (messaged)
@liftapint (messaged)

Last edited:
Dad bod made me finally get back to it, had to dust the weights off, 4 years no gym had caught up to me

C076CED3-F96C-4033-AF26-A20CF88DDA85.jpeg

I’m in. I have a decent set of samples I can pick from to ante up. Sitting at 235 and haven’t been able to run in 6 weeks because of heel issues. Planning to try cycling as the weather cools off.

When are we starting?

I’m in. Covid has cancelled everything I used to workout for...so I’ve just been a lump on the couch since March!

Might be in. I’m a very private person though, I’m not sure if I’ve got the stones for it all.

If it helps, I have several extra stones I can loan you? (Assuming we’re talking about those crazy Brit’s weight measurements!)

I’m in. I have a decent set of samples I can pick from to ante up. Sitting at 235 and haven’t been able to run in 6 weeks because of heel issues. Planning to try cycling as the weather cools off.

When are we starting?
Give it the week for folks to trickle in. I'll start a group chat for additional information, but figure any time in the next two weeks people can grab their starting weight. Today, tomorrow, next sunday, whenever, just get it in by say Friday the 11th (so two weeks).
Probably in. Depends on what the metrics are
I'll lay out what we think is probably the simplest way to do it in PM. But if half folks want to do lbs lost vs % of total weight lost, easy to split folks into the two groups.
Might be in. I’m a very private person though, I’m not sure if I’ve got the stones for it all.
We'll start a new thread to track progress once we're underway. I would say that anyone doing this should be respectful of others, so if you don't want anything public, nothings public. Just a fun way to try and improve health during all this Covid, when it can be hard to get out there or have your normal support peeps in place. Think on it, but hopefully there is 0 downside to jumping in.

Interested as well.

Disclaimer I may crash and burn.
That's a spot on description for me. But with a tasty sample, DBs, and single bounty on my head, perhaps I can provide a little self encouragement. Lol then again, tasty rewards may also encourage others. Damn, I didn't think that one through :whistle: :whistling:

Once we're underway I'll get options listed, but for now assume my bounty will be a you pickem setup of sample/DB/sealed cards.

Attachments

• 1598824172899.png
    1598824172899.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • 1598824276574.png
    1598824276574.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
If we’re judging by weight lost, then I’m out. I started a calisthenics program at home about 6 weeks ago and have recently added back some light lifting. I’ve slimmed down a noticeable amount but my weight has stayed exactly the same.

Besides, my overall goal isn’t weight loss it’s fat loss while adding more muscle definition.

Really like the idea just doesn’t work for me. C’est la vie.

Yeah I’m in. So what’s the deal I put up a little something and the the winner takes all? First pick in the sample draft of wha?

If we’re judging by weight lost, then I’m out. I started a calisthenics program at home about 6 weeks ago and have recently added back some light lifting. I’ve slimmed down a noticeable amount but my weight has stayed exactly the same.

Besides, my overall goal isn’t weight loss it’s fat loss while adding more muscle definition.

Really like the idea just doesn’t work for me. C’est la vie.
Lol just do BFP with Davin and Perthmike. Or what would be the best indicator for you?

And I feel ya. I look like Santa Claus at 250, but even years back when ripped I still sit at 220+.

Yeah I’m in. So what’s the deal I put up a little something and the the winner takes all? First pick in the sample draft of wha?
It just depends on the interest. Seems like we're getting a good little group together.

Simple example is we have ten guys who all just want to have weight loss. We just do the ten of us, whoever loses the most over X length of time. Top 4 keep their little something, and then draft picks. Top guy picks first, then second, then third, then fourth, and first gets the last one as well.

We'll do a group PM to see what everyone thinks and what they're interested in, and get it underway. Won't be hard, we'll have a thread and maybe a shared excel file, I'll stay on top of it to make sure it goes smoothly.

I can’t do weight loss either lol I’m 165 an I normally stay at 165-175 with much more muscle mass....

Reactions: JWC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom