Friendly Fit Competition? (1 Viewer)

I wouldnt mind getting to jump in once the details are worked out

We're trending towards that 20+ number. Can take on a couple more folks.

And because it's 2020, we're currently trying to create a google drive spreadsheet that could hopefully automate a bunch of the data entry for updates. Basically participants could submit a form from any browser and the sheet would hopefully aggregate it all and publish an (anonymous, or not) dashboard.

Don't worry, it's someone much more technologically savvy than I putting that together, I even used his wording.

I'm a non-participating participant.
276.3 yesterday (started creatine loading three days ago, so I'm retaining some water now)
When we're done I'll let y'all know where I'm at and if I'm kicking your asses or not.
So, you're doing the exact same thing in parallel? Jump in and win some free chips for it!

I have been afraid of the scale for quite some time now. Decided to get on the scale this morning and almost had a heart attack!! It was really bad! Gotta find something good to put up for this competition!! Wow man I had no idea!
20200831_053022.jpg

When I was younger (24) I got serious about weight loss and lost 86 pounds in 3 months. Not even sure 30 pounds is enough of a goal! FML!!

As far as competition, perhaps a deadline is set (maybe a year?) The person who reaches 24.9 BMI with the largest drop in that time wins? Just spit ballin

BMI = (Weight lbs./Height in²) * 703

1598889886481.png

**Edit: I realize the limitations of BMI, however, I would say the the bulk of us are middle age, overweight, and not body building. Therefore this could be the most useful way to do this that would benefit more people that need the lifestyle change.

Last edited:
As far as competition, perhaps a deadline is set (maybe a year?) The person who reaches 24.9 BMI with the largest drop in that time wins? Just spit ballin

BMI = (Weight lbs./Height in²) * 703

View attachment 524203

**Edit: I realize the limitations of BMI, however, I would say the the bulk of us are middle age, overweight, and not body building. Therefore this could be the most useful way to do this.
So there seems to be a consensus among most of the group that weight loss is the primary goal. It's a common theme throughout the group as folks who have fallen out of shape, and need some momentum to get them up and moving.

In that regard, we're trending toward doing a simple weight loss competition, averaging both total weight loss and % loss to determine the finishing order. 12 Weeks has been recommended by some folks and agreed to by others as a nice time frame. It's long enough to produce some real results, but not so long as to lose people's interest and have them drop off.

We have folks that will be going all out, we have folks that just want to eat a bit better, we have folks that just want to remain active and get out for their walks with significant other and dogs. This is simply to provide that group a little competition and some support to get it done. We've had pretty good feedback thus far, and look to be underway September 7th.

(There have already been several people interested in something long term, so when this wraps up, we'll definitely get together and see what we can do then. Hopefully some people see change and want to keep that up, and at that point we can loop you and Davin and Rich and folks in for some long term goals and gains.)

Last edited:
Gotcha. I will be checking in to update my monthly numbers here for support and to give everyone the atta boy they need to keep em going. GET IT EVERYONE!!!!

I might be interested. I NEED to be interested (good lord, I don't have ANY close that fit!). But have some beer-drinking social events coming up that I don't plan to miss :)
I agree Mel, it's almost beer drinking season but gotta start sometime, hell even if I don't win... and probably won't! It is still inventive to keep trying!

-UPDATE PLEASE READ-

Hey guys and gals. Messages have been sent to everyone that has expressed interest thus far. Multiple people know they are in regardless, and plan on being healthy starting today, or tomorrow, etc. I have had multiple people send in starting weights, via the way I shared in the PMs.

Please feel free to get those over to me and start the journey if you want to. Deadline for those/official start day will be the 7th. (We can't exactly tell people to eat and stay fluffy until then!)

I'm waiting on a couple more replys, and obviously leaving room for a couple more people to join by then.

2 Group PMs will be sent out midweek. We will try and group those two PMs with folks that are in the same boat and that get along well. There will be instructions about getting initial and final measurements over, official start/end dates, and how the "competitive" aspect will work (folks put up some chip related stuff - a sample, card cover, DBs, etc., and # of people we have will determine # of winners).

By next monday (the start date), we'll also have the thread up for folks to commiserate, comment on progress, support others, etc, as well as list all the goodies that are up for winning! Again, please be respectful of others. Information shared privately or in group PMs should stay private, as some folks may enjoy doing this together but not want private information shared.

Thank you all for your pending participation and excited to see what we can do!

Quitting pizza, beer, etc is easier than you think once you get into a workout groove. When you begin to eat cleanly you won’t like how eating certain food makes you feel.

It turns into a positive feedback loop.
I do relate to this. I bloat horribly, and I already know that fried foods and foods high in artificial sugars make me feel like crud and make the bloating the worst. I try to eat a generally clean healthy diet, my issue is finding markets close by to get good fresh foods from

NEW UPDATE

Shoutout @timinater for this update. Via PMs, every participant will receive a link to their ongoing form. Whenever you want to check in, just browse to the link and throw in your info!

Making it easy for you!

1598903764522.png

Data will compile and provide us with usable information. You can feel free to access and check out your own information (may have to request it), but we'll publish the leader board and dashboard.

Feel free to keep your "Participant X" title, or we can update them with PCF names if everyone feels comfortable.

1598903965652.png

1598904034616.png

Have had some good incoming options for prizes as well! One of the recent ones asked, which of these (below) would people like? :wow:

As long as we have around 20 people kicking it off on/by the 7th, there will be about 3-4 extra prizes. We'll vote on those after we get rolling for a bit.

1598912220471.png

Have had some good incoming options for prizes as well! One of the recent ones asked, which of these (below) would people like? :wow:

As long as we have around 20 people kicking it off on/by the 7th, there will be about 3-4 extra prizes. We'll vote on those after we get rolling for a bit.

View attachment 524370
For one thing... at least hit like on my damn video!!! I put some thought in to itdamn it!!!

As far as those samples I would hope someone would know the left has a $70 price tag (zest original sales price) the right set is about $9. One is IHC 8v awesomeness the other are slippery Matsui plastic. Not exactly equal. But I think we should see why people are offering up and at least keep the value similar like the football pool!

I absolutely understand not everyone are singles and sample set collectors, but one person shouldn't be putting up a $70 entry and the next a $20 entry. I would like to find some way to keep it closer to fair.

I've got more than a few health complications, but my weight problem is a root cause of many.

Can I be in this competition/contest?

I might have a sample or two laying around!:)
Only if you hit the like button on post #82 brother!! Oh and you have to walk through the house where mama can hear you singing along!

Could always throw in cut cards or dealer buttons or some singles to keep the prize pool even. Some people are also very generous and may be okay with offering a $70 sample if it inspires someone else to succeed *shrugs* I dunno, but keeping the prize pool close to equal across the board seems fair imo

Could always throw in cut cards or dealer buttons or some singles to keep the prize pool even. Some people are also very generous and may be okay with offering a $70 sample if it inspires someone else to succeed *shrugs* I dunno, but keeping the prize pool close to equal across the board seems fair imo
You have zero say woman as you have yet to hit the like button on our groups theme song!! Lmfao... ok I will let it go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom