Friendly Fit Competition? (10 Viewers)

I can loan you 30-40lbs of fat if you’d prefer??

My dad bod has enough lol, I used to be in the gym 6 days a week for 2 hrs a day then my daughter was born and that gym sessions went out the window! I just started back again 3x a week hoping to get to 4-5x a week

If this provides me ANY extra motivation, I am in. I recommend all of you watch "The Last Dance" if you haven't already. Motivate your inner alpha! Get it.

I get to start with my early August numbers. 175lb. I have 2 years of student loan payments left and I am throwing an OBSCENE amount of money at them. Anyway, the goal is to lose 25lbs by next August, then maintain and build upon that until the loans are paid off. By then, I want to be in the best shape I have been in since I was 17. The loan thing gives me a clock and makes it a competition to me. I am going to win.

Another reason I personally think judging by weight is bad comes from @Big Jilm‘s post above.

Some people have more to weight to lose than others. Don’t even think it’s possible for me to lose 10 lbs in a healthy way and I’d guess others are in the same boat.

Regardless, watching everyone’s progress from the sidelines will be good for my motivation.

Good luck to everyone, hope you all can meet your fitness goals.

Another reason I personally think judging by weight is bad comes from @Big Jilm‘s post above.

Some people have more to weight to lose than others. Don’t even think it’s possible for me to lose 10 lbs in a healthy way and I’d guess others are in the same boat.

Regardless, watching everyone’s progress from the sidelines will be good for my motivation.

Yeah sending out private messages now. Want to see what works for folks, an average of total weight loss and % weight loss, BMI, etc., as well as timeline. If everyone wants the competition aspect to go til holidays, or end of year, or some other time that's what we'll do.

It seems easiest to keep the competition aspect with those interested in weight loss, but there's certainly no reason we can't bring in someone just wanting to hit a personal fitness goal and having them track improvement along with the rest of us.

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday, but when I get back I'll be doing my final cut down to 168.5lbs. Assuming I don't eat too much on holiday I'll be coming down from about 174 lbs. Which I expect will take a couple of months to achieve.

Happy to do some pm or WhatsApp regular motivational check-ins with you if you want some extra moral support on the journey lol

Also, I've seen pics of 250lb fluffy @BarrieJ3 and video of him in the hot tub. Gonna need to see evidence of 220 lbs ripped Barrie. Maybe some competition photos, because that would be a huge amount of muscle mass ;)

@Big Jilm (only because I saw your mentioning picking up running to get back into better shape a bit)
@Ben8257 (only because we've mentioned not being in the great shape we were as kids or younger selves)
Damn I have been called out! As I sit literally reading this thread... reaching in the popeyes box for another tender... washing it down with sweet tea. Yeah it's about time or I am never going to look good for that photo shoot in bikinis with @BarrieJ3. Count me in brother!! But there should be some kind of category's, not all of us are in the 250 category (could be worse.. I am afraid of the scale) competing for the next Santa position at the mall! (I 100% would win with the white Beard and this belly don't even try!!)

For the heavy weight category... those of us that need it the most! Lol maybe should up the ante a bit to keep us motivated!! I'm really good at sitting on the couch washing chips now!!

Yeah sending out private messages now. Want to see what works for folks, an average of total weight loss and % weight loss, BMI, etc., as well as timeline. If everyone wants the competition aspect to go til holidays, or end of year, or some other time that's what we'll do.

It seems easiest to keep the competition aspect with those interested in weight loss, but there's certainly no reason we can't bring in someone just wanting to hit a personal fitness goal and having them track improvement along with the rest of us.

I actually thought about doing a “personal fitness blog” kind of thing a while back when I was bored. I didn’t think most of PCF would find it very interesting and it would really be me trying to track my progress in a meaningful way.

I keep mental track of my progress and truth be told, would probably get bored writing it down all the time

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday, but when I get back I'll be doing my final cut down to 168.5lbs. Assuming I don't eat too much on holiday I'll be coming down from about 174 lbs. Which I expect will take a couple of months to achieve.

Happy to do some pm or WhatsApp regular motivational check-ins with you if you want some extra moral support on the journey lol

Also, I've seen pics of 250lb fluffy @BarrieJ3 and video of him in the hot tub. Gonna need to see evidence of 220 lbs ripped Barrie. Maybe some competition photos, because that would be a huge amount of muscle mass ;)
I'll have to dig it out. Belly wasn't ripped just flat, it was about an extra 20bs of mass for in season rugby. As a 5'10 hooker, I got tossed like a rag doll. Many many many moons ago, and a lot of waking up at 3 am to squeeze in an extra meal.
Damn I have been called out! As I sit literally reading this thread... reaching in the popeyes box for another tender... washing it down with sweet tea. Yeah it's about time or I am never going to look good for that photo shoot in bikinis with @BarrieJ3. Count me in brother!! But there should be some kind of category's, not all of us are in the 250 category (could be worse.. I am afraid of the scale) competing for the next Santa position at the mall! (I 100% would win with the white Beard and this belly don't even try!!)

For the heavy weight category... those of us that need it the most! Lol maybe should up the ante a bit to keep us motivated!! I'm really good at sitting on the couch washing chips now!!
Most folks interested seem to be focused on weight loss. The popular feedback I'm getting right now is a 12 week competition, and to do an average of the individual rankings for total loss and % loss. There's going to be folks that it just doesn't make sense to jump in, but we'll include them in thread/group message/shared file if they'd like.

It’s all about them macros!!!
I'm so tired of macros lol I used to weigh all my food and stick religiously to my macros.

These days I try to be less anal about it. It still works, but it's slower. Though I can tell if thats because I'm over 30 now. Over the hill lol

I posted mine in post 16 brother. And I’m definitely in the heavyweight category.

I'll have to dig it out. Belly wasn't ripped just flat, it was about an extra 20bs of mass for in season rugby. As a 5'10 hooker, I got tossed like a rag doll. Many many many moons ago, and a lot of waking up at 3 am to squeeze in an extra meal.

Most folks interested seem to be focused on weight loss. The popular feedback I'm getting right now is a 12 week competition, and to do an average of the individual rankings for total loss and % loss. There's going to be folks that it just doesn't make sense to jump in, but we'll include them in thread/group message/shared file if they'd like.
So if we both hit our goal and it's 30 pounds or more does this mean a photo shoot in Florida for SQM 2021 with all of us including @Anthony Martino in american flag speedos @FordPickup92 in a bikini (obviously) for the inlay of or 25k chip in the #butterysinglet customs line up??

Anthony don't you dare say no way man, for one... MERICA and two my fat ass needs motivation here!! Lmao

So if we both hit our goal and it's 30 pounds or more does this mean a photo shoot in Florida for SQM 2021 with all of us including @Anthony Martino in american flag speedos @FordPickup92 in a bikini (obviously) for the inlay of or 25k chip in the #butterysinglet customs line up??

Anthony don't you dare say no way man, for one... MERICA and two my fat ass needs motivation here!! Lmao

YOU KNOW I'M IN BROTHER!

received_2572790669653273.jpeg

I'm so tired of macros lol I used to weigh all my food and stick religiously to my macros.

These days I try to be less anal about it. It still works, but it's slower. Though I can tell if thats because I'm over 30 now. Over the hill lol

Same! Too much for me to worry and care about. As long as I keep progressing I’m happy.

Since restarting with calisthenics my abs are a little more defined, I have more energy, have improved flexibility, and brought my RHR down by about 10 beats per minute. Also feel much better thanks to eating mostly clean.

Granola with bananas, strawberries, and sugar free almond milk has been my daily “treat” haha

Edit: forgot about my nightly edibles. Those are my real daily treat haha

Last edited:
Same! Too much for me to worry and care about. As long as I keep progressing I’m happy.

Since restarting with calisthenics my abs are a little more defined, I have more energy, have improved flexibility, and brought my RHR down by about 10 beats per minute. Also feel much better thanks to eating mostly clean.

Granola with bananas, strawberries, and sugar free almond milk has been my daily “treat” haha
I've been trying the intermittent fasting which actually seems to work. I skip breakfast, have a snack at 11, lunch at 12:30 and then eat whenever I feel hungry, usually about 2-3pm before a workout. Have dinner around 6 and a small snack if need be at about 8. Then no food till 11 again.

It allows me to eat with a bit more freedom in the evening, which works for me at this moment in time. With a baby at home it's not quite as easy as it used to be to stay fully motivated to eat boring food lol

I've been trying the intermittent fasting which actually seems to work. I skip breakfast, have a snack at 11, lunch at 12:30 and then eat whenever I feel hungry, usually about 2-3pm before a workout. Have dinner around 6 and a small snack if need be at about 8. Then no food till 11 again.

It allows me to eat with a bit more freedom in the evening, which works for me at this moment in time. With a baby at home it's not quite as easy as it used to be to stay fully motivated to eat boring food lol

I really wish I could be exact about macros but it’s too much for me these days for sure.

Intermittent fasting is something I haven’t tried yet. I did set an eating window where I wouldn’t eat a meal after 8PM and then not again until 7AM or so. Sometimes I would have a spoonful of peanut butter as a late night snack and always have coffee first thing in the AM to see if I think I could manage the real thing.

It’s likely to go the same way my two bouts of quitting all processed sugar went. Day 1, everything is cool. This quitting sugar thing is no problem. Day 2: “you go f*uck yourself, don’t even look at me” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: By day 6 or 7 I’m sure it’ll be fine, getting to that point though!

Headed to visit family for a few weeks, I don’t want to subject them to all that. Maybe I’ll reconsider when I come home.

Alright, I believe we're messaged up through here. Maybe we take 5 more folks or so, so that we can realistically do this. I think PMs are limited to 12, so 24 seems like a solid stopping point.

I'm a non-participating participant.
276.3 yesterday (started creatine loading three days ago, so I'm retaining some water now)
When we're done I'll let y'all know where I'm at and if I'm kicking your asses or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom