Donkwoods Mockup (1 Viewer)

Canary/lavender/DG green FTW! (Unsure if that is what is mocked or not - if not, change it. :))

Canary/lavender/DG green FTW! (Unsure if that is what is mocked or not - if not, change it. :))

i think that's light green rather than dg, but damn, it's a fine chip. order. these. now. please.

I'm using dg green on the $1, prefer to not use the same color on more than one chip

Awesome! These will be great no matter which way you go. This version is my fav. You might consider changing both the 25c spots to dg peach, then on the $1 replace dg green with bright white.

edit: sorry, PCF still won't let me upload images. I like the version with the $20 light green and lavender. Good luck!

Awesome! These will be great no matter which way you go. This version is my fav. You might consider changing both the 25c spots to dg peach, then on the $1 replace dg green with bright white.

4DWmvOy.jpg

lol, maybe so. I guess it's the quarter chip that throws me more; just wanted to tinker with those spot colors.

Working out final details, making sure that clarity isn't lost in the facial expressions when printed.

The chips look great. I like all the donkey's expressions.

This for sure!

Put me down for a sample AND invite me to your game...that is going to be awesome in stacks!!!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Lol on the JButler bitch-slap knockdown on the frac spot colors. Worth the look, but that was my favorite chip all along.

I decided on the canary light green/lavender for the $20. The dg green will be used for the $1.

The sample set thread will start once I hear back from J5

okay, one final thought: retro blue >>>>>>>>>> dark blue for the $1 base. even though they look pretty similar in the chip factory, retro pops a lot more in person imo.

okay, one final thought: retro blue >>>>>>>>>> dark blue for the $1 base. even though they look pretty similar in the chip factory, retro pops a lot more in person imo.

^^^^ I could NOT agree MORE with this statement!!! ^^^^

In fact, my $1s that are on the pipeline will be Retro Blue 3D14 with DG Green and Bright white... But everyone has their own likes and dislikes...

Last edited:

Contemplating as I state at the Dark Blue and Retro Blue side by side. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

So glad you chose the canary base with the lavender/light green quarter pie spots. That chip is too sick!

I look at my color swatches (ASM Vegas) and dark blue looks too boring .. almost like a black ...
if you want I can take a photo that you could compare.
Or do you have samples?

I got my samples, still contemplating. I like the way the dg green and light blue pop on the dark blue. But the retro blue is still on my mind

Check the sample set thread for an update on colors and donkey expressions

Ok, I have an update from CPC and J5.

Essentially I got the 3 inlay sizes sent to me "to size" so I could have them printed and see the clarity of the images.

At the 7/8 size, the facial expressions, specifically with the donkeys who show teeth was difficult to see.

As I went up to the 1 inch inlay, it was very easy to see the details. and even more so at the 1 1/16 size.

So I have a dilemma, David at CPC sent me some zoomed pictures of the 3 inlays on the HHR mold and here are my takeaways; the 7/8 looks awesome, but you need the art to be clear (which mine is not). the 1 inch inlay overlaps the edge making it look uncentered and almost as if the chip was printed with error. At the 1 1/16 level, the overlap on the edge will always happen and look ok, but I am not sure if I love the 1 1/16 size inlay.

My gut reaction is to redesign the inlay so that donkey fits and the facial expressions are very clear. My first thought it to elimiate the "poker room" from the text and hopefully that will allow the donkey to be re-sized larger and this will be a non-issue. Or removing all the text and having an even larger donkey.

Another thought is to have a Donkey and denomination on one side and the text and denomination on the opposite side.

Share your thoughts please.

i almost hate to suggest anything because i really love the design as is with the 7/8" inlay and everything.

what about a redesign using just the donkey faces rather than the whole bodies? i'm not really psyched even thinking about that, but if it could be pulled off, it might be preferable to dropping the "poker room" text imo.

obviously HHR is perfect for this set, but have you considered moving to the FDL to accommodate the 1 1/16" inlay? the FDL does provide the best approximation of the RHC mold actually used at foxwoods...

I'm an advocate for two different faces - try the larger donkey on one side, and the text on the obverse.

Also, play with whether or not you want the denom on both faces - it is NOT a requirement to have denoms on both faces.

Anyone who needs to know the denom will pick up the chip and look at both sides. And they will only need to do that until they know the colors - so after the first minute, the denoms don't actually matter. But for all the hours of play that proceed, it does matter if they chips look good. So use denoms where they look good, but don't feel compelled to include them if they aren't helping. Do what you like!

My gut says to to have a giant donkey, and nothing else, on one face, and to have the Donkwoods text and denom on the other side. If you need more content to balance the text side, perhaps adding a couple of hoof prints...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom