Denom on one side? (1 Viewer)

I did this with my Devil's Nest set. It gave me plenty of space for the logo without having to crowd in the denomination. No complaints from my group in the few times I've felted them.

View attachment 1269322

More here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/a-d-s-devils-nest-cpc-customs.78031/
One thing I could imagine not liking is seeing too much of just the logo side. There’s something that feels cheap to me about nondenominated with no text (it’s the similarly to dice chips). Like if you cropped that splash pot photo to a chunk with just logo it’s a really different feel than seeing the image all together.

That’s probably pretty contrived though and not something that’ll happen a lot in game

In most pot, 99% of the time only 3 different denomination is in the pot so the colouring is more critical rather than the denom itself.

So, to answer the OP question, it didn't matter at all.

The Hitching Post hot stamped tournament set is one side denom, one side logo. Not a problem (just the $2000 orange causes some confusion)
Which is exactly why I recommend that T2000 chips not use yellow or orange base colors (which are both common for 1000 denomination chips).

But the denom being on just one side works perfectly fine.

IMG_5893.jpeg

Ziegler and Lucky Derby also only 1 side

Attachments

• 20210718_233105.jpg
    20210718_233105.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200206_082616.jpg
    20200206_082616.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 22
Follow up question. This one maybe be more controversial.

For a ceramic chip, thoughts on only having the denom in the chip (don’t know how to be more specific, see examples below)? And not on the inlay at all?

If it helps, this would be for a tournament set.

1710773847156.jpeg

Photo credit @Irish

I personally wouldn't mind. If you view it as redundant to have it in both areas (which I do), then removing it from one area is fine.

Some of us *hate* chips with the denom on only one side. Being feeble-minded, I find it distracts me mightily from the game, as I find myself constantly sorting my stacks so that all the denoms are up (as recently happened with one set at the SQM...).

I wouldn't take such a set as a gift. YMMV, of course...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom