TS: The Eras Tour-nament (1 Viewer)

FestiveKnight

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how many folks here will resonate with this but my wife (and I) is a serious swifty and as she has been getting more into poker I want to design a set for her birthday later this year. Would love any collaboration from other fans. Definitely going to need a designer at some point so if you're interested or can recommend someone who is a good fit please chime in.

• MTT set
  • Tina chips. Diamond mold seems fitting but need to get my hands on some. Otherwise no mold

Initial design thoughts

Seating chips

For these I am thinking the obvious design choice is to do seats 1-10 using the 10 eras.

1704474898357.png

Bounty Chips

Current idea: "Look what you made me do." credit @buzzmonkey. Also perfect because wife (like most) loves Vigilante Shit

Several ideas here.

First, a lot of bounty chips follow a "death" theme. To that end, Taylor's discography has a bunch of grief-laden songs including Epiphany, Ronan, Marjorie, Breathe, My Tears Ricochet, Safe and Sound and Bigger Than the Whole Sky. From this last one, I like the pair of lines "You were bigger than the whole sky, You were more than just a short time" but I am not sure how I feel about using a song mourning miscarriage (a common theory) in this context. Need to think more here.

Second idea is to instead just make it a kind of fun thing, in which case "Best believe I'm still bejeweled" from Bejeweled feels like a great fit, especially if I go the diamond mold route.

Chips

Thinking 5 denoms, will give some thought to what values but probably lower end. T25, maybe T5.

Generally, pending a better idea, I like "TS The Eras Tour-nament" across all the chips. Current thinking is curved and repeated around the edge of the inlays, not sure.

This is where I am a bit more uncertain. 5 chips could have 10 different inlays and I could again represent the 10 eras but I think that might be a lot of visual noise and then each chip can't really have an identity. Instead, my thought is to use my wife's "favorite half" as she calls it which are Evermore, Folklore, Reputation, Lover, and Midnights. With that, I was thinking that on each chip one side could be her favorite concert outfit from that era and then the other side could highlight her favorite song from the album.

For instance, for Evermore

Here's one of the outfits. Could do this with denom and album name across the center and then the looped set name.

1704476753472.png

And Willow is one of my wife's favorite songs and there's a bunch of different imagery here. Could do this with denom and album name across the center and then the looped set name. Could also work a lyric in, "Like you were a trophy or a champion ring" is an obvious for a poker chip (or "I'm begging for you to take my hand" lol), but could also just be a key line like "Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind (oh)."

1704476718550.png

Last edited:
Not sure how many folks here will resonate with this but my wife (and I) is a serious swifty and as she has been getting more into poker I want to design a set for her birthday later this year. Would love any collaboration from other fans. Definitely going to need a designer at some point so if you're interested or can recommend someone who is a good fit please chime in.

• MTT set
  • Tina chips. Diamond mold seems fitting but need to get my hands on some. Otherwise no mold

Initial design thoughts

Seating chips

For these I am thinking the obvious design choice is to do seats 1-10 using the 10 eras.

View attachment 1250730

Bounty Chips

Several ideas here.

First, a lot of bounty chips follow a "death" theme. To that end, Taylor's discography has a bunch of grief-laden songs including Epiphany, Ronan, Marjorie, Breathe, My Tears Ricochet, Safe and Sound and Bigger Than the Whole Sky. From this last one, I like the pair of lines "You were bigger than the whole sky, You were more than just a short time" but I am not sure how I feel about using a song mourning miscarriage (a common theory) in this context. Need to think more here.

Second idea is to instead just make it a kind of fun thing, in which case "Best believe I'm still bejeweled" from Bejeweled feels like a great fit, especially if I go the diamond mold route.

Chips

Thinking 5 denoms, will give some thought to what values but probably lower end. T25, maybe T5.

Generally, pending a better idea, I like "TS The Eras Tour-nament" across all the chips. Current thinking is curved and repeated around the edge of the inlays, not sure.

This is where I am a bit more uncertain. 5 chips could have 10 different inlays and I could again represent the 10 eras but I think that might be a lot of visual noise and then each chip can't really have an identity. Instead, my thought is to use my wife's "favorite half" as she calls it which are Evermore, Folklore, Reputation, Lover, and Midnights. With that, I was thinking that on each chip one side could be her favorite concert outfit from that era and then the other side could highlight her favorite song from the album.

For instance, for Evermore

Here's one of the outfits. Could do this with denom and album name across the center and then the looped set name.

View attachment 1250755

And Willow is one of my wife's favorite songs and there's a bunch of different imagery here. Could do this with denom and album name across the center and then the looped set name. Could also work a lyric in, "Like you were a trophy or a champion ring" is an obvious for a poker chip (or "I'm begging for you to take my hand" lol), but could also just be a key line like "Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind (oh)."

View attachment 1250754
For the Bounty chip just put "Look what you made me do."

Following and in for two sample sets.
Will poll my daughters to see if they have any strong feelings on chip design, as they are both huge fans.

My daughter would become an overnight poker savant if this was her set.
Following and in for two sample sets.
Will poll my daughters to see if they have any strong feelings on chip design, as they are both huge fans.
I am certainly happy to figure out an approach to sharing the designs once complete but will want to target it towards my wife's tastes first. Could always become like the SPW which has tons of variants.

She's a rockstar! Wife loves her, would definitely grab a sample set or a few barrels. Following and will ask her advice on it. Which chip is r-r-r-red?

She's a rockstar! Wife loves her, would definitely grab a sample set or a few barrels. Following and will ask her advice on it. Which chip is r-r-r-red?
Haha it's obvious to make the $5 red but that's her least favorite era by a nice margin so that's out.

From quick Google searching here are color pallets for the five eras I will be using (with the current plan of not doing all 10)

Evermore - green T25?

1704488273813.png

Folklore

1704488292863.png

Reputation - Black T100 seems obvious

1704488379325.png

Lover - not bad for a T500, maybe better for a T1k using the yellows

1704488413806.png

Midnights

1704495453560.png

You’re going to need high-resolution printing to be able to use a decent image of her like the photos shown so far. Unfortunately, the nature of the dye-sublimation printing on ceramics like diamond mold, cards mold and no-mold will not print with much clarity or sharpness.

I recommend the hybrid ceramics, where the chip is ceramic, and the inner label uses high-resolution printing. It’s a far superior product for this design.

You’re going to need high-resolution printing to be able to use a decent image of her like the photos shown so far. Unfortunately, the nature of the dye-sublimation printing on ceramics like diamond mold, cards mold and no-mold will not print with much clarity or sharpness.

I recommend the hybrid ceramics, where the chip is ceramic, and the inner label uses high-resolution printing. It’s a far superior product for this design.
This is helpful. That’s like the range of Sunfly stuff right? Handled samples a few years ago right when I got it this. Wife loved some of the sparkly stuff I remember but I wasn’t a huge fan. Just so plasticy. I think alright for this though.

Im not familiar with the Sunfly chips. The hybrids I meant are like the Greek chips by Justin.
I just designed a the Pioneer Club chips and the detail on the labels are great:
IMG_5268.jpeg

IMG_5273.jpeg

These were the textured labels, and I think the semi-gloss ones they offer appear even sharper.

Im not familiar with the Sunfly chips. The hybrids I meant are like the Greek chips by Justin.
I just designed a the Pioneer Club chips and the detail on the labels are great:
View attachment 1251093
View attachment 1251094
These were the textured labels, and I think the semi-gloss ones they offer appear even sharper.
Haha, this thread is just half misunderstandings of which type of chip is being referenced. Things are getting too dang complicated.

@justincarothers any high quality photos of the semi-gloss? Is this only on the Greek right now?

Did you just admit to the community that your a 'Swifty'?? On a serious note, can you use an artists image without consent?

Did you just admit to the community that your a 'Swifty'?? On a serious note, can you use an artists image without consent?
I don’t plan on selling them and I can’t imagine they’re interested in spending the time coming for me. Taylor is one of the most popular phenomenons in the world right now, the amount of art and imagery of her and content creators constantly cycling her stuff into content of their own is endless. Not sure this will hit anyone’s radar.

She also presents as really liking these things. See: the creators she invited to the premier of the Eras Tour movie and her speech to them. Very supportive of the fans who dedicate to taking her work and sharing it with the world and making it her own.

Obviously different from is someone stole her IP and directly sold it as a competing product.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom