TS: The Eras Tour-nament (2 Viewers)

I am certain it would never be an issue. I was just curious. I don't know one single song of hers. But I'm a big KC Chiefs fan...lol!

I am certain it would never be an issue. I was just curious. I don't know one single song of hers. But I'm a big KC Chiefs fan...lol!
That’s almost more impressive! She’s been producing billboard top 100s since ‘06 and she’s has more than 10 No 1 songs in the last decade or something.

Some updates. Also just a kind of design journal to help organize my thoughts.

Trying to settle on line up a bit. See post #18 for color pallets. This is current thinking:
  • T25 - Folklore Brown/Ochre
  • T100 - Reputation Black
  • T500 - Midnights Blue
  • T1000 - Evermore Orange/Gold
  • T5000 - Lover Pink
Trying to decide on chips. I want to keep these on the cheaper side and easily available to as many folks as want them so ceramics seem like the way to go. I think @Colquhoun was right on about wanting to use a "hybrid" option so I am between the new TINA hybrids and Sun-Fly PolyInnos. I also like the look of the glossy labels on the new Oasis chips and maybe these injection molded chips will be available as customs? I need these for August so definitely want to start getting some of these baseline questions answered soon.

One major factor is if I decide to have the same inlay on both sides of the chip or not. I am not sure if SunFly can do different images on each side (@p5woody or @BGinGA you know?) but I know the TINAs available through Justin can't. Currently, I am thinking that I would really like to use images of Taylor from the Eras tour on the chips because I think they have come to really powerfully represent some of these newer eras (see OP) but they're visually very busy and I don't think it would work well to try and fit other info over them like I had originally proposed so I am thinking I could do one side with a photo of Taylor from an Eras show and then use the album art (or something simpler) as background on the other side with denom, NCV, etc.

Other ideas, some just collated from earlier in the thread:

• Bounty chip: "Look what you made me do." Struggling a bit to figure out what Vigilante Shit imagery is compelling. The chair dance is obviously seared in people's minds for this song but not sure it works well on a chip. Credit @buzzmonkey
  • All In chip: Kinda like the idea of using Travis here. Maybe something from this moment after the Super Bowl? Credit @RocAFella1
    1709698773352.png
  • Tagline: I am wary of these getting way to visually cluttered but for now I am feeling strongly that I would like to include the tagline "TS The Eras Tour-nament" to tie all the chips together. I imagine this around the edge of the inlay or if I go with the SunFly chips I believe I could put it on the chip itself (a la TP010) but I am not sure how good this would look.

One thing I am super unsure about is edge spots. Again, if I want to cram so much onto the inlays, I don't think the edge spots need to be super complex. I also don't think the most impressive use of ceramics is to replicate clay edge spots and BJ-inspired chips don't really do it for me. I think I am leaning towards solids but I also think sometimes with customs sets I have seen with complex inlays on solids I find the chip itself looks a bit underwhelming and the inlay looks like its swimming in solid color. Maybe this is solved with putting text or another design feature on the edge of the chip. The sample below looks kind of ugly to me but I still don't really understand what flexibility I have with Sunfly designs so this could actually be a good option. The info in their catalogue seems quite rigid but Showcase threads of these chips show a lot more range of designs than what appears possible in their documentation.

1709699597394.png

One major factor is if I decide to have the same inlay on both sides of the chip or not. I am not sure if SunFly can do different images on each side (@p5woody or @BGinGA you know?) but I know the TINAs available through Justin can't. Currently, I am thinking that I would really like to use images of Taylor from the Eras tour on the chips because I think they have come to really powerfully represent some of these newer eras (see OP) but they're visually very busy and I don't think it would work well to try and fit other info over them like I had originally proposed so I am thinking I could do one side with a photo of Taylor from an Eras show and then use the album art (or something simpler) as background on the other side with denom, NCV, etc.
I have Sun-Fly hybrid chips with a different image on each side. With that said, I also have Tina chips with different images.

Sun-Fly hybrid:
1709718504827.png

Tina card mold chips with different images:
1709718030538.png

Last edited:
That’s almost more impressive! She’s been producing billboard top 100s since ‘06 and she’s has more than 10 No 1 songs in the last decade or something.

Interesting thread. Sounds fun, while at the same time being a thoughtful gift. I am with husker. I don't know a single song of hers. They don't frequently play her on the Liquid metal station :)

Just be careful she (or her team) don't find out about this set, as she seems like the kind of person that would legitimately sue her fans.

Just be careful she (or her team) don't find out about this set, as she seems like the kind of person that would legitimately sue her fans.
Again, if I sold it for profit to a lot of people I might be worried but I don’t think her legal team is trolling through PCF lol.

Interesting thread. Sounds fun, while at the same time being a thoughtful gift. I am with husker. I don't know a single song of hers. They don't frequently play her on the Liquid metal station :)
You don’t know it’s Taylor but you’ve probably heard her a lot in public places over the years.

Regardless, glad you’re finding the thread interesting! Hopefully this will be a cool use of the poker chip medium and I intend this to be my main tournament set in my long term plans for my collection so I hope it works really well that way too!

You don’t know it’s Taylor but you’ve probably heard her a lot in public places over the years.

Regardless, glad you’re finding the thread interesting! Hopefully this will be a cool use of the poker chip medium and I intend this to be my main tournament set in my long term plans for my collection so I hope it works really well that way too!

I love custom chips with a story/reason. Especially when it includes your partner/family. My sunset chips were done for similar reasons.

My only concern is with the Kelce chip idea. If they split up, fans don't usually retain love for the ex. lol. You might want to stick with all Taylor stuff on this one.

Instead you could go with All Too Well, Don't Blame Me, or maybe End Game?

Edit: Or maybe Is it Over Now?

My only concern is with the Kelce chip idea. If they split up, fans don't usually retain love for the ex. lol. You might want to stick with all Taylor stuff on this one.

Instead you could go with All Too Well, Don't Blame Me, or maybe End Game?

Edit: Or maybe Is it Over Now?
I had the exact same thought and concluded that buttons aren’t so hard to replace. My wife and her most swiftie friends would not want me “what iffing” about Taylor’s relationships at lol but I anyways don’t think he’d made a particularly aesthetically interesting button and he doesn’t really have any relationship to the eras.

Love your ideas! I really like Is it over now? That also brings in 1989. Maybe there’s a way to use the extras dealer, all in, bounty, seating to bring in the other 5 eras that won’t be on the chips. That would mean not using Vigilante Shit because I already have midnights.

One could say I’m overthinking it but this is the stuff that gets eaten up. In our group chats, my wife and friends discuss every day the newest Taylor news and what it all means so I am trying to return that energy with this and be really specific. Not just “generically Taylor.” Anyways this present is half for me because I’m the poker one in the relationship so I want to make sure the Taylor parts are really really good

I have Sun-Fly hybrid chips with a different image on each side. With that said, I also have Tina chips with different images.

Sun-Fly hybrid:
View attachment 1287222
Tina card mold chips with different images:
View attachment 1287221
Thanks for sharing! Were the Tina’s ordered directly from her?

I really need to get my hands on the wide range of ceramic samples again to make this decision.

Thanks for sharing! Were the Tina’s ordered directly from her?

I really need to get my hands on the wide range of ceramic samples again to make this decision.
It was part of a GB a while ago, not sure what the requirements are now.

I solicited some advice from my wife who's a big Swifty. She said she'd put your wife's initials instead of TS.

For reputation she said you have to have a snake somewhere.

If you do Show' Em chips she said Karma or Question would be good.

Goldrush if you do a bomb pot button, but since you aren't doing cash it's probably not needed.

I solicited some advice from my wife who's a big Swifty. She said she'd put your wife's initials instead of TS.
Hmm, I have no idea what my wife would prefer for this. Will add as a variable and may ask some of her friends,

For reputation she said you have to have a snake somewhere.

Ya this is where if I do a shot of Taylor on one side and some aesthetic representation of the era on the other side there is a bunch of emblematic imagery to use. An alternative is to do the same design on both sides and just do the era imagery

If you do Show' Em chips she said Karma or Question would be good.
Hadn't thought of Show Em chips yet but I have thought about getting them in the past. I think my group would love em.

Maybe there’s a way to use the extras dealer, all in, bounty, seating to bring in the other 5 eras that won’t be on the chips. That would mean not using Vigilante Shit because I already have midnights.

Show em, dealer, bounty, seating, and rebuy that's 5! I'm gonna noodle a bit and see if there are good options for each of these could bring in the other 5 eras that wont be on chips.

Goldrush if you do a bomb pot button, but since you aren't doing cash it's probably not needed.
Probably wont do bomb pot for this and my group has historically really not liked them

Okay cooking a bit.

• Dealer Button - "My cards are on the table, yours are in your hand", Foolish One, Speak Now
  • Rebuy Chips - A) "And I said, 'When can I come back?" - That's When, Fearless B) "I'm a soldier who's returning half her weight", All Too Well (10 min version), Red
  • Bounty Chips - A) "Oh, he's so smug, Mr. 'Always wins'" Mr Perfectly Fine, Fearless B) "We can go like they're trying to chase us", Run, Red
  • Show Em Chips - "I'm tryna see the cards that you won't show" - Say Don't Go, 1989
  • All In Button - "Feeling lucky today, got the sunshine" - A Place in the World, Debut
  • Seating Chips - This one is obvious. Album cover with the number for the album on each. Done.
Actually so proud of some of these lol. This is the moment I know this project is going to be a slamming success lol.

Unless I change one of the others, Rebuy and Bounty need to pull from Red and Fearless. Not nearly as happy with the options I pulled there as with the other three. @buzzmonkey wanna show your wife this and ask what she thinks for those two lol?

Okay cooking a bit.

• Dealer Button - "My cards are on the table, yours are in your hand", Foolish One, Speak Now
  • Rebuy Chips - A) "And I said, 'When can I come back?" - That's When, Fearless B) "I'm a soldier who's returning half her weight", All Too Well (10 min version), Red
  • Bounty Chips - A) "Oh, he's so smug, Mr. 'Always wins'" Mr Perfectly Fine, Fearless B) "We can go like they're trying to chase us", Run, Red
  • Show Em Chips - "I'm tryna see the cards that you won't show" - Say Don't Go, 1989
  • All In Button - "Feeling lucky today, got the sunshine" - A Place in the World, Debut
  • Seating Chips - This one is obvious. Album cover with the number for the album on each. Done.
Actually so proud of some of these lol. This is the moment I know this project is going to be a slamming success lol.

Unless I change one of the others, Rebuy and Bounty need to pull from Red and Fearless. Not nearly as happy with the options I pulled there as with the other three. @buzzmonkey wanna show your wife this and ask what she thinks for those two lol?
Wait "In this moment now, capture it, remember it" from Fearless is much better for bounty chip and actually maybe pretty good. So that would force Red for Rebuy chips.

Maybe "Come back, be here" for Rebuy?

Okay a bit more. Turning attention back to the actual chips now that inspiration is flowing. I think I will reserve using album art for the seating chips so for now I am going to move forward with this basic concept. If it's not clear, this is NOT a skill set I possess lol. Will need a designer interested in this project once I making up my mind a lot more.

Midnights T500 chip

Side A - TS in Midnights outfit. Text is just haphazardly placed to give a sense of what info might be on this side.

1709852407957.png

Side B - Not going to put more effort into mocking stuff. I am quite terrible at this. But would again incorporate "TS The Eras Tour-nament" denomination, would include the album name "Midnights" probably in the album cover font and then there's a bunch of different potential imagery but all the clock stuff they used for Midnights makes sense to me cause its already round lol?

1709853325880.png

Font ^

1709853367395.png

From one of the music videos:

1709853313612.png

This is the concept of Side A - photo of Taylor with small, offset denom and Side B - imagery associated with the era and more text

P.s. I hope someone appreciates seeing my stream of consciousness on this. I went to a liberal arts school and it is deeply deeply ingrained in me that "writing is thinking"

Okay cooking a bit.

Here's the feedback. :)

Rebuy
For Rebuy I like the “I’m a solder who’s returning half her weight” – ATWTMV
Here are some other options that are fun:
“Check the pulse and come back swearing” – ATWTMV - Red
“Once Upon a time, a few mistakes ago” – I knew you were trouble - Red
“Deep in your pocket” – Sad Beautiful Tragic – Red
“I’d be counting down the ways to see you “ Superstar – Fearless
“This is the worthwhile fight” State of Grace TV - Red

Bounty -
Any chance you get to use Mr. Perfectly fine is really good so I’m a fan of “oh, he’s so smug, Mr. ‘Always wins”
Here are some other options:
“You don’t have to call anymore” – You’re not sorry – Fearless
“And I never saw you coming” - Red
“I was in your sights. You got me alone” – I knew you were trouble- Red
“But I was there to watch you leave” – the last time- Red
“You took the money and your dignity and got the hell out” The lucky one- Red

Here's the feedback. :)

Rebuy
For Rebuy I like the “I’m a solder who’s returning half her weight” – ATWTMV
Here are some other options that are fun:
“Check the pulse and come back swearing” – ATWTMV - Red
“Once Upon a time, a few mistakes ago” – I knew you were trouble - Red
“Deep in your pocket” – Sad Beautiful Tragic – Red
“I’d be counting down the ways to see you “ Superstar – Fearless
“This is the worthwhile fight” State of Grace TV - Red

Bounty -
Any chance you get to use Mr. Perfectly fine is really good so I’m a fan of “oh, he’s so smug, Mr. ‘Always wins”
Here are some other options:
“You don’t have to call anymore” – You’re not sorry – Fearless
“And I never saw you coming” - Red
“I was in your sights. You got me alone” – I knew you were trouble- Red
“But I was there to watch you leave” – the last time- Red
“You took the money and your dignity and got the hell out” The lucky one- Red
Rebuy - I really like “This is the worthwhile fight”

Bounty - Will pick between ““oh, he’s so smug, Mr. ‘Always wins’” and “In this moment now, capture it, remember it.”

Still trying to decide what chip to do these on.

Seeing the awesome Caribe Hilton pr0N @joeyshin posted got my mind racing about interesting stuff to do with the edge spots. Wavy snakes for rep, little clouds for midnights, could be really cool.

What ceramics manufactures out there can do this?

I think I need to add some structure to this. For a rubric, I think the variables are:

Inlay - ability to print high quality photographic images and ability to have different inlay on each side

Design - full customization preferable. Not interested in just replicating clay spots

Edges - interesting if fully customizable but if not, 100% need spot alignment

I need to get samples of all of the options I am currently considering but honestly the quality of the underlying chip isn’t the most important. I have other sets to get me my TRK and lead fixes. This is for my wife to enjoy the aesthetic and to have a long term keeper tournament set so it’s okay if they’re a bit slippery or whatever.

I think options I am choosing between are:

1. SunFly hybrid Polyinno 43mm
  2. Tina Web or Greek mold hybrids
  3. BR Pro Poker
Here is what is most weighing on my decision right now:

Seems like Tina inlays are best for photo-based images but I have a hang up that the Web and Greek molds don’t feel thematically relevant.

Has anyone done BR Pro/Chipco style edge designs on Tinas? Is that possible?

I guess the web mold isn’t too obtrusive…

Just noting down thoughts on what imagery might fit the five eras I’m using if I use little sprites for edges or around the mold area

Rep - snakes
Lover - hearts
Evermore - Champaign flutes
Folklore - disco balls
Midnights - clocks

Still trying to decide what chip to do these on.

Seeing the awesome Caribe Hilton pr0N @joeyshin posted got my mind racing about interesting stuff to do with the edge spots. Wavy snakes for rep, little clouds for midnights, could be really cool.

What ceramics manufactures out there can do this?

I think I need to add some structure to this. For a rubric, I think the variables are:

Inlay - ability to print high quality photographic images and ability to have different inlay on each side

Design - full customization preferable. Not interested in just replicating clay spots

Edges - interesting if fully customizable but if not, 100% need spot alignment

I need to get samples of all of the options I am currently considering but honestly the quality of the underlying chip isn’t the most important. I have other sets to get me my TRK and lead fixes. This is for my wife to enjoy the aesthetic and to have a long term keeper tournament set so it’s okay if they’re a bit slippery or whatever.

I think options I am choosing between are:

1. SunFly hybrid Polyinno 43mm
  2. Tina Web or Greek mold hybrids
  3. BR Pro Poker
Here is what is most weighing on my decision right now:

Seems like Tina inlays are best for photo-based images but I have a hang up that the Web and Greek molds don’t feel thematically relevant.

Has anyone done BR Pro/Chipco style edge designs on Tinas? Is that possible?

I guess the web mold isn’t too obtrusive…
@BR Pro Poker can do everything you want. They're more expensive but 100% worth every penny. Plus delivery is fast and their support is second to none.

@BR Pro Poker can do everything you want. They're more expensive but 100% worth every penny. Plus delivery is fast and their support is second to none.
Even the inlays? I don’t think I’ve seen photo-realistic on them at all. Otherwise, I don’t think they’re the Rolls-Royce of ceramics but I think it’s a great product so would be happy to use em

Even the inlays? I don’t think I’ve seen photo-realistic on them at all. Otherwise, I don’t think they’re the Rolls-Royce of ceramics but I think it’s a great product so would be happy to use em
It won't be as good as a high DPI printed label or inlay. I'd defer to Gene or Kristil to comment though.

Got a sample of the new 43mm web molds from @justincarothers. These are outstanding. There are little nits for me — the injection points annoy me, I prefer a slightly more rounded corner, but I am shocked how nice the texture is on these and the large inlay recess is amazing.

These will be perfect for this project.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom