Deal gone bad (1 Viewer)

I've been contacted by this person, and things are being taken care of. I'll update again after I've received the money. :)

Based on similar situations (collecting fantasy football money, not chip related transactions) just because this guy says thing are being taken care of doesnt mean they are; it could be another stalling technique. Not saying this will necessarily happen this time, just be aware that it may not be that easy.

mipevi, settle a bet i have with another member (whose name will become public if he loses and welshes): did the email you received after posting this thread contain the words "i'm sorry"?

also, after all the guessing attempts and all the theories people probably have which are probably wrong...

Gzjdc3b.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, and am glad to hear things appear to be resolved.

You are one of the smarter members I have ever dealt with, so I'm sure this does not need to be said for your sake, but I would absolutely not disclose this person's identity - and if you do plan to, wait until after you have received your chips or money. If it is who I suspect, outing the person will result in a Category 5 Shitstorm that I would not wish upon anyone.

Post name after resolution. I for one, would not want to deal with him regardless. It shouldn't be that difficult for someone to do the right thing.

Hey Mipevi, sorry this happened to you, and I hope you are able to resolve the situation, but I can't say I agree with your MO in this thread.

If you want to warn the community about doing business with this individual, then you should divulge his name.

If your intent was to threaten to out this person, unless he responds to your email/PM's, then you could have done the same thing privately...especially since you know he is active on the site. Maybe you did this already, and then the public warning was to show that you were serious? It sounds like it was effective, but Im still not sure I agree with your approach, as it does a disservice to the community.

One person making a mistake doesn't condemn the whole village.

I wish I was a chipper...and i be new...not me.

agreed - your post is still on-point imo, manamong. over something like a hundred transactions between here and CT, i've never been stiffed once or even had to deal with any significant hassle.

agreed - your post is still on-point imo, manamong. over something like a hundred transactions between here and CT, i've never been stiffed once or even had to deal with any significant hassle.
i was being facetious ;)

this is how i start fights with my wife, she doesnt understand sarcasm and humor in my txt messages, damnit

I will say this. Your plan worked. Maybe enough to get a reaction if nothing else. I would leave it there. If I'm about to do business with someone I haven't dealt with before for a sizable sale I will PM you first to find out if I need to be worried. I think that's fair. There are a multitude of reasons it has taken this long ie: an unforeseen accident (like in my case). I for one without ALL the details woud give the benefit of the doubt. (maybe not for almost a year, mind you) I can remember more than a couple of instances over the years on CT where individuals went dark and had a valid reason. I can also remember ABlackCar who just blatantly ripped off a lot of guys for a dick reason (no sympathy).

I say ride situation out as is. And good luck.

I hope my silence in this thread isn't pointing any fingers at me. Ripping people off isn't break even. Not me.

I'm on board the requests for explanations and outing the guy.

Glad to hear this may get resolved, BTW.....NOT ME....just cuz I have CHIP in my name...

I'm in favor of keeping it confidential. I'm 99% sure I know who it is, and while I am disappointed in them based on mipevi's description of the situation, the user in question has done many good things for the chip community, and has completed many problem-free transactions with plenty of users (myself included.) I seriously doubt there was any deliberate intent to rip anyone off.

I don't mean to call mipevi's description of the events into question, but we should all remember there are at least two sides to every story. Maybe there are circumstances or reasons we don't know or understand, or that even mipevi is unaware of. That should still call for better communication, but please let's not rush to lynch someone without more evidence.

I'm in favor of keeping it confidential. I'm 99% sure I know who it is, and while I am disappointed in them based on mipevi's description of the situation, the user in question has done many good things for the chip community, and has completed many problem-free transactions with plenty of users (myself included.)

I don't mean to call mipevi's description of the events into question, but we should all remember there are at least two sides to every story. Maybe there are circumstances or reasons we don't know or understand, or that even mipevi is unaware of. That should still call for better communication, but please let's not rush to lynch someone without more evidence.

We won't hear your voice of reason!

Heads will roll!!!!

Thank you for everyone's support, I have received the money now. As I stated early on, I did expect him to come through, and have accepted his apology. I don't think the delays were planned or done with malice, so I don't feel it necessary to name this person in order to protect the community. I leave it up to him to come forward or not, and I hope everyone can respect that.

@butler re: bet, those words were included, but not as an exact quote... Did you win? :confused:

Thank you for everyone's support, I have received the money now. As I stated early on, I did expect him to come through, and have accepted his apology. I don't think the delays were planned or done with malice, so I don't feel it necessary to name this person in order to protect the community. I leave it up to him to come forward or not, and I hope everyone can respect that.

@butler re: bet, those words were included, but not as an exact quote... Did you win? :confused:

courage welshed before we even heard back from you. accused me of being a lawyer. glad you got da monies :)

I've sold a few chips around here. wanted to say:
#not_me

It might have been me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sell? Me? I'm learning, though, by looking for some Fitz quarters for Russ. It's a 99-step process.

The people I thought might have been, mentioned it wasn't them. Via process of elimination, I might have an idea...but we may never know. Like a previous post mentioned, there are two sides to every story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom