Deal gone bad (1 Viewer)

Well-played, masterful troll, sir. I'm the only one outed ITT. [emoji13]

i'm sure the responsible chipper will show up and apologize for his/her (let's be honest, his) unreasonable delay in responding to mipevi.

i'm sure the responsible chipper will show up and apologize for his/her (let's be honest, his) unreasonable delay in responding to mipevi.

this ^^^ an explanation is warranted.

-gc :)

Every time I do business (poker or otherwise) with another chipper, I have come out with less money than I started with. I'm just that -EV, and not expecting that to change anytime soon.

#Notme

I'll have you know sir I was DOMINATING (yes, dominating) the play money pokerchipforum poker room until I got wedged in the middle of Bergs and Guinness one day. Now I suffer from PTSD

This is frequently my regular seat in our real money home games. Terrorizing.

I'm glad that mipevi was able to get resolution to the issue, but I'm disappointed that it took this type of drastic action to make it happen. And while it would be nice for the other party to come forward to give their side of the story, I doubt they will at this point.

#notme

His/her silence on the matter ITT is quite deafening to be honest. I would stand up and let it be known what happened. Takes guts but thats something you need a lot of once in a while.

there's a pretty ginormous clue in the thread already. even barring that, it's not that difficult to look at who's posting and who isn't.

there's a pretty ginormous clue in the thread already. even barring that, it's not that difficult to look at who's posting and who isn't.

Not sure what the clue is, but despite the fact the Trihonda was joking about the process of elimination, that seems to be a viable option at this point. I hope I'm wrong in my guess, but if I'm not, the lack of a public apology by now almost seems worse than the original issue...

On the bright side, the first time I sent some money by paypal F&F to somebody from CT, I hoped that if no chips ever showed up, I'd have some sort of public recourse based on the importance of reputation in this community. That seems to be the born out in this case.

thats the thing. We ship and send thousands of dollars to others on here often. Someone has to send FIRST (impossible to have total fairness and trust unless an escrow agent is used)

I like to believe this is a safe haven for people to make fair and honest trades (money for chips). This kind of stuff just makes me nervous.

despite the fact the Trihonda was joking about the process of elimination, that seems to be a viable option at this point.

I'm sure no one has me down as a suspect but to make for easier bookkeeping for anyone keeping score... #notmeeither

I like to believe this is a safe haven for people to make fair and honest trades (money for chips). This kind of stuff just makes me nervous.

You have to figure that our batting average is incredibly high though. While this is disappointing news, it doesn't really discourage me from doing business with the folks here. I've never had one ounce of trouble where chips-for-money is concerned. Everyone here, except for this particular incident, seems to have a high level of integrity.

#notme
#youguysarethebest
#sexyghost

If there is a person more at risk than myself in this situation, then I'd like to know how. I live in Saudi and have my chips shipped to Arizona to my 80 year old dad who doesn't know anything about chips. I still have 4 months to wait until I get to this year's lot. I have avoided a few new members here in the same way I avoid new ebayers, but the problem there is many long time chippers have come over here from another site in the last few months.

Perhaps we start the safe seller thread where we add the names of the good who are all listed in the first post as #notme's so they can be quickly known. I just hope our suspect here does not start listing Terrible's. Then my ass is hanging out more than usual.

If there is a person more at risk than myself in this situation, then I'd like to know how. I live in Saudi and have my chips shipped to Arizona to my 80 year old dad who doesn't know anything about chips. I still have 4 months to wait until I get to this year's lot. I have avoided a few new members here in the same way I avoid new ebayers, but the problem there is many long time chippers have come over here from another site in the last few months.

Perhaps we start the safe seller thread where we add the names of the good who are all listed in the first post as #notme's so they can be quickly known. I just hope our suspect here does not start listing Terrible's. Then my ass is hanging out more than usual.
You can provide feedback after your complete a transaction through the iTrader feedback system

I realize that but it isn't the same as a safe sellers list IMO. Nobody uses it. I've done maybe 15 transactions with members here since December and only Mr. Cheese has given me any feedback as a quick payer. Tommy sells as much as any member here and he has only 6 buyers giving feedback.

I also got some public props from BGinGA and one other member in a classified thread. Other than that, nobody would know that this USA guy living in Saudi is honest or not.

a safe buyer/seller thread is a fine idea, but personally i wouldn't put any weight behind the posts there unless people felt similarly free to report of bad sellers/buyers.

as we see in this thread - not just mipevi who had reason to withhold the brunt of the shaming until the other party ponied up, but also other commenters here - some aren't in favor of outing the bad actors.

Agreed. We aren't babies. If I were the offender and had any plans to stay around here, then I'd figure out a way to man up and try and save some face at the same time. Claim temporary insanity, give mipevi some free chips, explain a drug or alcohol rehab reasoning or whatever it was...reasons all worthy of understanding...

unless people felt similarly free to report of bad sellers/buyers.

Lol. Don't worry about that. Name a name and watch the piranha feeding. I think people would feel free to say all kind of stuff.

Lol. Don't worry about that. Name a name and watch the piranha feeding. I think people would feel free to say all kind of stuff.

sure, there will some salacious mudslinging, but as i said, this thread and some of the comments in it are evidence that some people would discourage posting negative feedback.

i'm not trying to say those more restrained members don't have a point in sometimes discouraging people from flying off the handle out of impatience. my point is that a thread intended to provide feedback on buyers and sellers shouldn't be limited to only positive reports or else it will be unreliable as a full picture of transactions.

I think I may finally have figured out who it was. Elementary my dear Watson! Although the realization of who it may be is rather disappointing although not altogether surprising given something that happened on big blue and dragged on for ages.

my point is that a thread intended to provide feedback on buyers and sellers shouldn't be limited to only positive reports or else it will be unreliable as a full picture of transactions.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to disagree with your thoughts on the benefits of knowing if someone is a bad seed. I was just chuckling inside on your concern that people might not feel comfortable sharing bad experiences with buyers/sellers.

Remember "The Good..." and "The Bad and the Ugly...." threads?

I stopped updating my entry (shameless brag that I sold to Palm Imports btw) in there quite some time ago.

I really liked the feedback feature when it was introduced, but it seems like not many used it. I think I had like 6 feedback on some dozens of total transactions after its inception.

I think I may finally have figured out who it was. Elementary my dear Watson! Although the realization of who it may be is rather disappointing although not altogether surprising given something that happened on big blue and dragged on for ages.
Honestly, these posts (and there have been multiple) are as frustrating as not knowing.. The fact that a handful of people DO KNOW makes it all the more likely that those of us that don't will end up dealing with that person in the future and possibly get burned

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom