Daniel Negreanu vs Doug Polk

Who will win the heads up match?

• Total voters

Kain8

Flush
Reaction score
Nothing turns me off more than stone cold German tournament phenoms.... Buh buh buh boooring.

That's the entropy endgame of No Limit Holdem though. Being personable, gregarious, or non-robotic has no bearing if you flop a set or getting dealt Ace King suited. Since that energy can be put to better use (in the tunnel vision of these high roller tournament grinders) by calculating bet sizing, range estimates, and so on, it just feeds into itself. Since you're able to stack an opponent or be stacked yourself in any given hand, this race to the bottom of non-social behaviour is necessary from a survival/winning aspect in a tournament.

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
...or is this all a publicity stunt?

"I shift like $750,000 to you, then you lose it back to me."

"People will be watching, how do we do that?"

"One round live poker, then the rest online. We'll just text our cards back and forth. Nobody would ever know" :sneaky:

:cautious:
You’re kidding, right?
They’re playing 25,000 hands.
There must be easier ways to get publicity than to play poker 3 hours a day, 3 days a week for months..

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
You’re kidding, right?
They’re playing 25,000 hands.
There must be easier ways to get publicity than to play poker 3 hours a day, 3 days a week for months..
Yes, kidding. It was a set-up for "Online Poker is Rigged", but I couldn't finish the joke. :(

That said, we have 12 pages discussing the match, and only one thread discussing any other players unless cheating was involved. So if there is an easier way in a pandemic to get publicity, every poker pro (but one) has missed it.

Kain8

Flush
Reaction score
5 wins in a row is pretty impressive, but until Daniel wipes out the whole deficit and goes up a few hundred thousand himself, I'm not worried about Doug's chances. If Daniel does accomplish that, hats off to him. But all it takes is one good session from Doug to swing the momentum back.

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
5 wins in a row is pretty impressive, but until Daniel wipes out the whole deficit and goes up a few hundred thousand himself, I'm not worried about Doug's chances. If Daniel does accomplish that, hats off to him. But all it takes is one good session from Doug to swing the momentum back.
ISN’T IT EXCITING!?!?!

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
ISN’T IT EXCITING!?!?!
1610465154423.png

Regularjohn

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even tho im rooting for doug, glad daniel is making it interesting and not a 2 mil win. even tho, that would be pretty funny....and there is still hope for that...

Top Bottom