**Custom Cut Cards** issues with matte finish (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatB

Royal Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Apologies all,

Company is reprinting the cut cards. I'll be sending out all refunds to those who want them.

Anyone that has cards already, can keep them, use them, clean them. They are fine. but i'll be sending out replacements anyway.

If you dont mind waiting a week for the reprint cards i can hold your $$ and send when they come in.

Let me know via PM please which option you'd like. lease respond to the PM that i sent you requesting $.

Matt

Is this applicable to all of the cards from that order (Jack's, SDPM, BTP, Nevada$20)? I wasn't sure if all of the cut cards were on a matte finish.

all the cards are matte finish.

Issue is across all of them. Actually not a terrible issue, as they can be wiped clean.

I did a test by handling a cad for a few minutes, it seems the heat from your hands and friction cause the matte finish to get smudgy, more use more smudgy.
I took that card and cleaned it with white board cleaner. cleaned the card right up, but looks like it took all the matte finish off.
Card still looks good and actual printing is not effected.

I first noticed the issue at BBotB

4CB2C076-61CC-4372-B80C-F26690F9972E.jpeg

Here’s the 2 new jack cards before and after

5B801967-8D23-4DF6-9EAB-79E6AAFBF908.jpeg

al the cards are matte finish.

Issue is across all of them. Actually not a terrible issue, as they can be wiped clean.

I did a test by handling a cad for a few minutes, it seems the heat from your hands and friction cause thematic finish to get smudgy, more use more smudgy.
I took that card and cleaned it with white board cleaner. cleaned the card right up, but looks like it took all the matte finish off.
Card still looks good and actual printing is not effected.
Does the cut card graphic/ink or finish come off onto the bottom card of the deck?

Sorry to hear, Matt. I'm good with whatever solution is easiest for you.
Yeah, sorry with the 20 questions, I was just curious about the specifics of what's going on and lost my manners.

I'll do whatever's easiest too. I just wanted to know whether or not I should avoid using these matte cut cards. Tough break.

New ones will be glossy and forgo the matte finish process? I’m fine either way just curious

Yeah, sorry with the 20 questions, I was just curious about the specifics of what's going on and lost my manners.

I'll do whatever's easiest too. I just wanted to know whether or not I should avoid using these matte cut cards. Tough break.

No worries, questions are good. Ask away!

Do you think luck played a major factor in the matte finish cards becoming defective? And does the similarity between 'matte' and matb' have any significance?

I've been playing poker for 40 years, and I've never seen anything quite this unlucky.

I am ok with whatever end sup being the consensus and easier for you as well. No need to refund. And if you're placing a new order, I would like to add a few single clown BTOPs cut cards to my order, if possible.

Bummer, I guess it's better to discover it now though rather than much later. :(

And it's good to see a vendor willing to correct a printing problem right away (that is without waiting til after their vacation that is).

Still want in on the next order, whenever that happens. :tup:

Bummer, I guess it's better to discover it now though rather than much later. :(

And it's good to see a vendor willing to correct a printing problem right away (that is without waiting til after their vacation that is).

Still want in on the next order, whenever that happens. :tup:

I'll get through this round first. There are 3 or 4 others with you going in on the next one.

This weekend i'll connect.

Can we rename from cut cards to "hide the bottom" cards. I think it works better in this case.

KThanks

I wear charcoal underwear now, so any rumors you hear are blatantly false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom