Cancelled New BROKEN ARROW CARDROOM Setups!! Bridge/Jumbo (1 Viewer)

The Four of Clubs, in Cartomancy (tarot) can be known as the "Devil's Bedpost":
"This card warns of a major setback, an unexpected set of circumstances that must be prepared for. It is also said that this card can be thought of as “Murphy's Law” when used in readings."

How appropriate! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Ah well, as the saying goes, if the odds gods give you lemons...raisy daisy! Or something like that....

I have cards ordered in a Colorado group. While I can appreciate the fun loving attitudes of most here, we just don't see it this way in our group. It's an error, period. In a world of card cheats, this wouldn't go well in games trying to get new players

You show up and are told about the bad decks?...just sends up red flags. The error forces a different action by the players. They either have to rotate the card to see if it's a spade or club or lift it higher. Observant players focusing on player action will have an slight edge over lazy players who aren't focused on their physical action. Clearly not as bad as the bad decks from Modiano for another vendor but I've provided my view that is shared by our entire Denver group.

I have cards ordered in a Colorado group. While I can appreciate the fun loving attitudes of most here, we just don't see it this way in our group. It's an error, period. In a world of card cheats, this wouldn't go well in games trying to get new players

You show up and are told about the bad decks?...just sends up red flags. The error forces a different action by the players. They either have to rotate the card to see if it's a spade or club or lift it higher. Observant players focusing on player action will have an slight edge over lazy players who aren't focused on their physical action. Clearly not as bad as the bad decks from Modiano for another vendor but I've provided my view that is shared by our entire Denver group.
I know of a good website that you can resell the cards that you don't like...

I hadn't thought of the corrective physical actions required for peeking. Huh, thanks for the heads up on that.

Yup. And for this reason, I would like a refund. :confused

I am not going to do this (maybe I will) but, would just drawing three dots (in the shape of a Clubs pip) with a sharpie suffice? Or would that bleed through, or damage the card? (Is their some kind of interaction with the pen ink and the plastic card?)
I know this is not a legitimate fix, and I am not saying that people should be happy with using a permanent marker on their cards. Just wondering if it would fix the turning around/higher peek issue.

So, is using a sharpie is a usable workaround.

I am going to suspend sales of these. I am going to re-order correct decks. It will take a while to get them. Anyone that wants theirs replaced just send me a PM and I will replace them when the new ones come in. Sorry about the mess up. These are some really good quality cards for a really good price. Wish I had not let that error slip through. The next batch will be perfect.

I am going to suspend sales of these. I am going to re-order correct decks. It will take a while to get them. Anyone that wants theirs replaced just send me a PM and I will replace them when the new ones come in. Sorry about the mess up. These are some really good quality cards for a really good price. Wish I had not let that error slip through. The next batch will be perfect.
Justin, well done. It is very much appreciated.

You've done an awful lot of business on this site, thanks for taking care of this.

I am not going to do this (maybe I will) but, would just drawing three dots (in the shape of a Clubs pip) with a sharpie suffice? Or would that bleed through, or damage the card? (Is their some kind of interaction with the pen ink and the plastic card?)
I know this is not a legitimate fix, and I am not saying that people should be happy with using a permanent marker on their cards. Just wondering if it would fix the turning around/higher peek issue.

So, is using a sharpie is a usable workaround.
I was just thinking about this too. My main concern wouldn’t be that the ink would bleed through the 4c card into its backing, but that it might inadvertently mark the card next to it in the deck. Though they say “permanent” Sharpies can definitely transfer even after a thorough drying.

I am going to get this and make a little stencil and draw in a club on a setup and see how it does.

1689354486814.png

I am going to sell the remaining decks without the boxes for cheap. I am sure someone can still use them. I will then fill all the remaining boxes with new decks and offer them back up again. Thanks for your understanding!

Man, I was going to roll these tonight but I’m nervous about someone misreading that card. I’ll keep them in the chest for now and PM about replacements. They are super quality. They’ll play awesome. I hope it doesn’t set you back to much. I’ll make it up to you by replacing all my racks with Justin racks.

Man, I was going to roll these tonight but I’m nervous about someone misreading that card. I’ll keep them in the chest for now and PM about replacements. They are super quality. They’ll play awesome. I hope it doesn’t set you back to much. I’ll make it up to you by replacing all my racks with Justin racks.
Use them COWARDS!!!

s/

Don't worry about it. Happy to keep what I bought and I'll pay for the decks that come in the next run too. I do hope the printer makes you whole one way or another!

I hadn't thought that the error could possibly give anyone an advantage, thank you for explaining that. Makes sense. In my mind, telling everyone would negate any advantage (anyone would know once they see a lack of marking what the suit was), but your point about bringing doubt makes total sense.

I’ll buy another setup when you get them fixed. The feel is top notch. And the chosen font is very easy to read. Any chance of poker size in the near future??

I’ll buy another setup when you get them fixed. The feel is top notch. And the chosen font is very easy to read. Any chance of poker size in the near future??
It’s possible. We will see how it goes. I will start a new thread when the replacements are ready for sale

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom