Cancelled New BROKEN ARROW CARDROOM Setups!! Bridge/Jumbo (4 Viewers)

Yeah I kept thinking it was an 8, same with other players. I noticed people were peeking cards longer than usual and double checking more often
My players also mentioned the 5 & 9 specifically.

jurassic park film GIF

I am going to put this deck into play this weekend and we'll see what happens, but I'm cautiously optimistic. (I'll bring another setup, unadulterated, in case there's issues with this one, because I do want to try these out for a session.)
I'd be willing to try this too. Would you please post an update to this experiment so it can be known if the Sharpie Extreme holds up to repeated use on these cards?
Thank You

Played with these for ~8 hours last night. Really great cards, good texture on the backs. Shuffles nicely.

Several people had issues between the :5x: :6x:, :8x:, :9x: cards multiple times, thinking one rank was actually another. (One guy kept betting in a hand because he thought a 9 on the board was an 8 the entire hand.)

A couple folks complained the spade and club were too similar, which I dismissed (in my mind) at first, until I made a big bet on the river in one hand thinking I hit my nut clubs flush but it turned out the last card was a spade.

I told the guys the cards are getting reprinted to fix the :4c: issue, and make some of the other rank numbers more distinctive, and they were happy to hear that because they really liked the cards a lot otherwise.

BTW, the Sharpied :4c: held up very well, aside from looking ugly. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: No signs of transfer at all.

A couple folks complained the spade and club were too similar, which I dismissed (in my mind) at first, until I made a big bet on the river in one hand thinking I hit my nut clubs flush but it turned out the last card was a spade.
We tried these at our latest game and this was the main complaint as well. Our lighting was not completely ideal (we were playing outside on a deck with typical string lights) and I'm sure that was a contributing factor, but we definitely had at least 1 major pot where the winner thought he had a flush when one of the cards was a spade not a club or vice versa. The funniest part was when he tabled his hand it looked good to us at the other end of the table since it looked like his cards were suited when they weren't. So he misread the board, and we misread his hand and fortunately someone in between spoke up and said "what flush?". After that we made a point of announcing the suits as they were dealt.
I really like these cards so I'm hoping to write that off to just the outdoor lighting being too dim in which case I can just use these in better lighting situations, but do most people find that their players have issues with the spades and clubs when viewed at a distance at a skewed angle (as when reading a flop from the other end of the table)?

We tried these at our latest game and this was the main complaint as well. Our lighting was not completely ideal (we were playing outside on a deck with typical string lights) and I'm sure that was a contributing factor, but we definitely had at least 1 major pot where the winner thought he had a flush when one of the cards was a spade not a club or vice versa. The funniest part was when he tabled his hand it looked good to us at the other end of the table since it looked like his cards were suited when they weren't. So he misread the board, and we misread his hand and fortunately someone in between spoke up and said "what flush?". After that we made a point of announcing the suits as they were dealt.
I really like these cards so I'm hoping to write that off to just the outdoor lighting being too dim in which case I can just use these in better lighting situations, but do most people find that their players have issues with the spades and clubs when viewed at a distance at a skewed angle (as when reading a flop from the other end of the table)?
We were indoor and had good lighting. No issues there. I misread one card on the flop but I caught it before I made any moves.

We have been using them for months and no one has had any trouble. At least they haven't said anything. I am however updating the art to make the spade and club to be more different on the next iteration which will be coming soon

The spades are wider than most I think, leading to them looking a bit like clubs at just the right angle and lighting.
Spades need a more narrow point on top, and possibly the clubs have more pronounced indentation on the clubs. Always thought KEM and Copag had the best pip designs in terms of quick identification.

Last edited:
Spades need a more narrow point on top, and possibly the clubs have more pronounced indentation on the clubs. Always thought KEM and Copag had the best pip designs in terms of quick identification.
Desjgn would like a word...

What is everyone using to store these? I know Spinetti's has bridge sized Copag boxes for $4, but was looking for other ideas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom