CPC Set Under Construction -- Pillage & Plunder (1 Viewer)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score

1.jpg

8.jpg
2016-09-04 15.05.49.jpg
2016-09-05 12.51.30.jpg
2016-09-05 13.02.01.jpg
2016-09-04 14.44.46.jpg
9.jpg
IMG_1479.JPG
6.jpg
FullSizeRender(3).jpg
View attachment 80752

The first "what I want" email to J5 after deciding on P&P:

To the inlays themselves... I would like to go with a pirate theme. I would like to call the set "Pillage & Plunder" and I would like the inlays to be slightly different on each side of the chip. Basically I would like text across the top (Pillage & Plunder), an image in the middle and smaller text along the bottom ("Take what you can" on front, "Give nothing back" on back).

For color I was considering white-on-black on the front and black-on-white on the back but am open to suggestions.

And for the image I have included a general example (found randomly on the net)... some type of skull & crossbones or skull & cross swords, ideally dark on the left and fading out to nothing on the right in a similar way to the attached picture but would prefer more of a "fade". And evil would be preferred over "jolly" if that makes sense.

I have no idea what-so-ever where to put the denomination, hoping you may be able to come up with something.

Initial J5 mockups
P&P.jpg

Thoughts after receiving mockups:

I like the design of the two on the left quite a bit although after seeing them I am not crazy about the white backgrounds... I also don't see a font that grabs me yet for Pillage & Plunder but I do really like the banner at the bottom of the top/middle chip.

Requested changes:
I've asked about going with black on one side and color matched to the base on the other while adding the banner from the top/middle chip to the design of the bottom/left one. I would also like to see how the banner looks on top rather than bottom and possibly go with bottom on the front and top on the back if I like the look.

I would also like to see a new font for P&P and provided him with this to try out if possible
P&P font.jpg

Pre-inlay Chips
PNP.png

With initial P&P inlays
PNP2.jpg

Changes
PNP3.jpg

FINAL

jf_add1a_front.jpg
jf_add1a_back.jpg

Last edited:
Inlays 2 and 5 does the trick for me. Maybe inlays 5's skull with swords would do it.
Also second about the font. Supplied font looks marvellous. A great start.

Inlays 2 and 5 does the trick for me. Maybe inlays 5's skull with swords would do it.
Also second about the font. Supplied font looks marvellous. A great start.
I'm with @Puggy Inlay 2 is my favourite overall, then inlay 5, then the others.

+1 for inlay 2...

But plenty of goodness on the other inlays as well...

Amazing theme man!!!

Yeah I like the black inlays too. I was in the same boat, wanted to do a different color inlay on side b. Tried white, gray and a cream color but nothing looked at nice as the black so I ended up doing black on both sides. Skull on 5 is my favorite.

What a great start! I'm leaning towards #2.

Busy with family stuff today but thanks for the input so far :D

I think I like inlay #5 the best, though inlay #2 is pretty cool too, though I don't think the white background jives with the theme, I think a yellow tinted color to simulate parchment paper would look cool for inlay #2.

Having not read much of this or the original, has anyone expressed dislike of the rainbow chip? It's like if you were going to dress nicely or decorate a room nicely, you'd use colors that compliment each other and not 9 different ones. I think you could get a funky looking chip while keeping it tasteful. Something like white chip with 3 different color edge spots from the same color pallet.

Been a long weekend with family in town, I'll get back to this tomorrow. Thanks for the constructive comments so far :)

Of course I am now considering options other than a full 1/4" spot set. I really like the buccaneer .50 and I am digging the blood-in-the-water $1 but it doesn't feel quite right. And I'm feeling a bit lost on the $5.

Pnp4.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom