Conspiracy theories you think are true (3 Viewers)

Is this a joke? Yes, it is extremely difficult for people to agree on "facts" in this day and age, and it will only get more difficult due to various technological advances, social media, artificial intelligence, etc.

EDIT: Not to mention, people can't even agree on the logic argumentation or even the definitions of the words they are using a lot of the time.
To be fair, he can pretty much word this one however he wants, choose any odds he wants, and for any price he wants and I'd probably take it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I have always enjoyed talking about conspiracies and such. However, this past weekend I saw the darker side. I finally understand why some people have such disdain and hate toward conspiracy theorists. I played poker with a few friends and one of them was spouting the most ridiculous nonsense from flat earth to an imminent Christian vs. Non-Christian apocalypse showdown and everything in between.

I am not going to get into all of it but it really made me understand the other side that hates conspiracies. I was biting my tongue all night.

The crazy thing is that this person 100% believed all the nonsense they were spouting.

OPERATION DEATH BLOSSOM

watermarking legal ballots with block chain tech.

2018 executive order > punishment for any interference in a federal election.

looks like a trap has been set by trump and DHS ... time will tell , enjoy the next 60 days..
im already very deep on the trump staying in office due to ballots being illegal bets.. ... im getting 10-1 odds easily.

i almost bet with Vegas on this at 22-1 but i was just a bit late, they took him off the board.

will be interesting to say the least ... reality tv king never fails to keep it real! :)
BREAKING: Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors to pursue “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities before the 2020 presidential election is certified. (Per AP)

still just a conspiracy theory ... lets see how it ages
This is going to age very well come Jan 20th. Heheheh

Looks like your posts didn't age very well Mike mac. Other things that haven't aged well.

NYT article from 1924

1614640809960.png

May 1, 2003 - U.S. President George W. Bush, aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln proudly declares “Major combat operations in Iraq have ended." - under a banner stating “Mission Accomplished”.

1614642565294.png

And my personal favorite: My 40 year old Cuban cigar loving Aunt. (Notice the family resemblance?)

1614641296824.png

Last edited:
Respectfully, Mojo, I don’t think the term “conspiracy theory” is being used in the same way here.

Last edited:
Color me red. You are right. (Reworded my post.)

People did buy into the conspiracy theories promulgated by Hitler and Bush. In that respect, Mike mac is in good company.

(And it doesn't change the fact that my Aunt hasn't aged well.)

Last edited:
I'm not saying that I subscribe to any conspiracy theories, but it bothers me when people just blindly believe that a civilized government would never conspire against their own people for political gain or that no one can keep a secret so we would always know if they tried something. For anyone that believes that, just go ahead a do a quick google search for Operation Northwoods. I think you'll be pretty surprised. And that is no theory, it's a conspiracy fact....

I have always enjoyed talking about conspiracies and such. However, this past weekend I saw the darker side. I finally understand why some people have such disdain and hate toward conspiracy theorists. I played poker with a few friends and one of them was spouting the most ridiculous nonsense from flat earth to an imminent Christian vs. Non-Christian apocalypse showdown and everything in between.

I am not going to get into all of it but it really made me understand the other side that hates conspiracies. I was biting my tongue all night.

The crazy thing is that this person 100% believed all the nonsense they were spouting.
Tell your friend to move over here to Glasgow or to Belfast. He’ll get to see two different groups of Christians knocking seven bells out of each other on a regular basis... so much so that they don’t pay non-Christians any attention :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

it bothers me when people just blindly believe that... no one can keep a secret

For anyone that believes that, just go ahead a do a quick google search for Operation Northwoods.

It bothers you that one may have the “can’t keep a secret” viewpoint and back it up by referencing something that was a secret... until it wasn’t?

@Ronah Everyone involved in that kept it a secret. It wasn't until the documents were released 50 years later, because of the freedom of information act, that anyone knew about it.

Our government, with the media’s help, have lied to gain the citizens’ support for practically every war in the last 120 years. The sinking of the Maine, babies on bayonets, the Gulf of Tonkin, Nayirah and the babies being pulled out of incubators in Kuwait, weapons of mass destruction, etc. Even the “official” narrative around the sinking of the Lusitania is a half truth, at best.

You and I don’t want to send our kids to war psychopaths are willing to send your kids to war to accomplish their own purposes, whether those purposes are financial or political. The fact that 60 years ago, a group of people were willing to consider blowing an airliner out of the sky to start a war with Cuba isn’t surprising, and the same type of people are still in the same positions today.

@Ronah Everyone involved in that kept it a secret. It wasn't until the documents were released 50 years later, because of the freedom of information act, that anyone knew about it.
But it didn’t happen, right?
I’m guess I’m not particularly impressed that secret plans that never happened were kept secret.

You and I don’t want to send our kids to war psychopaths are willing to send your kids to war to accomplish their own purposes, whether those purposes are financial or political.

Look at it from their point of view - more people being born every day, never a shortage.
A paraphrase of “the poor will always be with us” attitude.

Our government, with the media’s help, have lied to gain the citizens’ support for practically every war in the last 120 years. The sinking of the Maine, babies on bayonets, the Gulf of Tonkin, Nayirah and the babies being pulled out of incubators in Kuwait, weapons of mass destruction, etc. Even the “official” narrative around the sinking of the Lusitania is a half truth, at best.

You and I don’t want to send our kids to war psychopaths are willing to send your kids to war to accomplish their own purposes, whether those purposes are financial or political. The fact that 60 years ago, a group of people were willing to consider blowing an airliner out of the sky to start a war with Cuba isn’t surprising, and the same type of people are still in the same positions today.
We are conditioned since we were young. Brainwashed to big brothers' agenda and the media is their propaganda arm of strategy whether it is race baiting, war propaganda, or a political hit job on a opposition.

I think this broader context is really what fuels so many conspiracies against the US government/deep state etc. Most people who poo foo modern conspiracies don't know their history well enough in regards to US foreign policy. Gulf of Tonkin is a perfect example. COINTELPRO is another good example.

On the other hand, there are so many Americans that are idealistic and want to serve their country in the armed forces because that is what their dad and grandpa did. These people with good hearts are just naïve to how ruthless and malevolent their government was and is.

It doesn't take a genius to extrapolate that what has been happening for decades is likely still happening both in the light of day and behind closed doors. When looking at US foreign policy since the 80s it is alarming to see the amount of destabilization and regime change they are responsible for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change#1983:_Grenada

Last edited:
If you like to look in deeper to conspiracies, look into numerology and pay close attention to time and date to all historical events. You will find it interdasting.

I think this broader context is really what fuels so many conspiracies against the US government/deep state etc. Most people who poo foo modern conspiracies don't know their history well enough in regards to US foreign policy. Gulf of Tonkin is a perfect example. COINTELPRO is another good example.

On the other hand, there are so many Americans that are idealistic and want to serve their country in the armed forces because that is what their dad and grandpa did. These people with good hearts are just naïve to how ruthless and malevolent their government was and is.

It doesn't take a genius to extrapolate that what has been happening for decades is likely still happening both in the light of day and behind closed doors. When looking at the US foreign policy since the 80s it is alarming to see the amount of destabilization and regime change they are responsible for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change#1983:_Grenada
You should feel guilt for all of this. Enough guilt that you pay big money for it to go away.
Because money heals hurt, or maybe it’s being hurt that deserves money, or maybe if you have money you can just pay to hurt people, I don’t know anymore.

i Agree that conspiracy theories are fun to discuss\debate since the good ones do have a line of truth in them. For me it s more about the possibilities that it could happen not that it is happening or happened. How could it happen or what is needed to make it happen.

Unfortunately in the age of "information cocooning" this has become a dangerous weapon that could be utilized by domestic and foreign powers.
One defense against this is an unbiased media, unfortunately the media has let the citizens down. Perhaps the internet did kill journalism since no one wants to pay for a newspaper anymore, or is it that journalists have a lower trust rating than members of congress.

There are many landmines to step on here; so i will pick a small one for example.
Now I am a soccer fanatic, i love the game. I supported women's soccer from the early years on, what it stood for not just because the US womens team dominated it. When I heard the women were fighting for equal pay as the US mens team I was behind them 100%. All you can search and read on the issue was in favor of the women's side. Case goes to court, all the facts are outlined and I was totally blind sided and disgusted how certain players and the media withheld information and just completely lied. Then to make matters worst as the truth came out, the media was still allowing the women to state only their side and not reporting both sides. Because of this media bias, i believe we are in a dangerous time and perhaps they are the 5th column (another conspiracy).The simple fact is that the women negotiated for security over bigger bonus payout. When they realized they left a lot of money on the table they cried foul.

Marcus Aurelius:
“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”

By the way PolitiFact says false Marcus was not the author of the quote :unsure:

You should feel guilt for all of this. Enough guilt that you pay big money for it to go away.
Because money heals hurt, or maybe it’s being hurt that deserves money, or maybe if you have money you can just pay to hurt people, I don’t know anymore.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

The word "Conspiracy Theories" is made up by the CIA during the JFK assassination days when small groups of people investigating for the truth. Labeling them as such "Conspiracy Theorist" is another form of calling them a NutJob or crazy people. Where as, theorist just wanted the truth and leads to multiple rabbit holes along the way. Connections along the way seems too coincidental at times, but how many coincidences does it take to make it mathematical impossible. What are your 'Theories" on that?

That conspiracy theories are invented and spread through social media by enemies of the United States and a myriad of foreign citizens, governments, disgruntled Americans, ex-pats and others for the purpose of embarrassing the United States specifically and Western civilization in general.

National Public Radio did an interesting piece a few years ago on the artful work of "Service A," the Russian intelligence branch charged with inventing and spreading outrageous lies about America and its history. "Service A" still exists, and remains quite active. NPR cited a few of their biggest successes, proving that many of the negative things we think we "know" about America's past are, in fact, made up by some very sick Russian intel guys

And it's still happening today.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
Great quote!

Sorry, I thought you cared about those other countries and the effects but now I realize you were just USA bashing.
Ah now I get your point. I love America despite not being American. I don't consider it American bashing. It is honest criticism of something I care about. Ideally, the bad actors would be removed from positions of power and the US would thrive without fucking with other independent nations.

I don't particularly care about the developing world but I do strongly believe the US should leave them alone.

Great quote!

Ah now I get your point. I love America despite not being American. I don't consider it American bashing. It is honest criticism of something I care about. Ideally, the bad actors would be removed from positions of power and the US would thrive without fucking with other independent nations.

I don't particularly care about the developing world but I do strongly believe the US should leave them alone.
Yeah. That baddy ole USA. Always poking around where no other nations do.

https://www.policyalternatives.ca/publications/monitor/very-canadian-coup

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia...nal-campaign-against-terrorism-in-afghanistan

https://www.international.gc.ca/wor...internationales/sanctions/types.aspx?lang=eng

By this logic there are no facts and no truth. The preponderance of opinions and perspectives that are not fact and truth does not negate that facts and truths exist. It takes work to discern the difference but otherwise it’s turtles all the way down.

By this logic there are no facts and no truth. The preponderance of opinions and perspectives that are not fact and truth does not negate that facts and truths exist. It takes work to discern the difference but otherwise it’s turtles all the way down.
Actually that does not say that at all, there is no claim of no truth or no facts it is more of how humans do with it

Churchill
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom