Ceremic chips for new cigar store (1 Viewer)

AceFour

Two Pair
Reaction score
Apex Cigar Lounge in Apex, NC about to open the doors and wanted a custom set. The store is an old 100 year old farm house and farm with numerous barns and sheds on the property. So going with the nickname "The Farm" my buddy did the chip design with various animals and putting the owner's dog, Porter, on the high denomination chip.

Classic Poker Chips did a fantastic job with the order and everyone is itching for the first tournament game when they open.

20170913_154412.jpg

I'm glad you explained it! I wouldn't have understood why there were animals on a cigar lounge chip! Great chips, but where are the pictures of the cigars!!??!!

Yeah. Lets see the scene of the cigar store with these in play.

With the players smoking cigars.

Unfortunately I won't be at the inaugural game next week but I will have folks take some pics.

Faces look great, what do these look like in stacks? Rolling edge black on all chips?

Looks great. Cool chips. Just need to work on the table situation now but I guess toppers are the best way to deal with a cigar shop game.

We combined tables for the final of 10. That doesn't last long but I agree, less then ideal. We are talking about ditching the long folding tables with toppers and get dedicated tables that can be folded and stored.

I need to get over there sometime and play. What are the stakes and payouts? Do they do gift cards like Empire and I believe The Vault used to do?

What nights are the games?

Empire and Vault no longer exist. Yes it is paid out in gift cards. $30 buy-in, $30 rebuys until 300-600, Thursday night.

Yep, Virgin Cigars (guaranteed to never have been smoked) and Apex CL now. I hear Hal's B-I-L owns Apex CL.

Thanks for the nod wedge, but at ~9 hours away they're probably outside of my delivery range. Feel free to shoot me a PM if interested though, maybe we can work something out.

Chips came out great!

LOL!

Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. ... Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual firms, is purely coincidental. Except for Porter on the 2000 chip.

Sick poker hand at my table. Two went all in on the flop. Board runs out to kings full of aces against a royal flush on the river.

IMG_20171005_211546.jpg

i used to be a regular at both of Hal's Shops and played the cash games most of the patrons would have on the weekends. its been about 3 years since i've played there, but i didnt know Empire and the vault closed.

Both locations had their lease not renewed by the landlord. I remember when Empire was Capital Cigars. Matter of fact my loyalty card for Empire was a Capital City Cigars card! If you are ever back down here, stop in. Apex Cigar Lounge is really something special. 100 year old house with original hardwood floors. Humidor is very large and loaded with boutique cigars.

is Apex Cigar Lounge owned by Hal?..I left Raleigh area around the time he had cancer. (I think it was cancer). I started playing there around 2009 til 2015. That was a great group to play with, always lots of fun. And we played a juicy low stakes cash game at Carls on Fridays. I miss that game a lot.

No. It would seem Hal has retired from the cigar business. He is doing well. Played cards with him a couple of weeks ago. Hal's cousin Jeff and his brother-in-law own ACL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom