Help requested: Looking for a name for my poker room (2 Viewers)

I fed these options into ChatGPT and asked it for new names, with extra points for puns and alliteration. Most of them were garbage. But these are pretty good:

Oaks and Aces
Flagstone Flush Lounge
The Acorn Ante Chamber
Big House Bluff
The Lucky Leaf
I haven't gotten on board with ChatGPT yet, so I never even thought to put it to work on this.

The Lucky Leaf has legs I think. Lots of possibilities there for graphics, and it fits the mold of not needing "poker room" or anything else behind it, which I really like. The Lucky Leaf Lounge/Lodge would triple down on the alliteration, but is it too much?

The one that had me stumped for a while was Oaks and Aces. It sounded like it wanted to be something, but it wasn't explaining itself well. (This is why ChatGPT won't run a marketing department on its own anytime soon) Because Oak 'n Aces is a WAY better play on words, and I'm feeling it! It's more modern than I thought I'd go, so I'm still really wary of jumping in head first, but the gears are turning!

Asset 2@4x.png

I haven't gotten on board with ChatGPT yet, so I never even thought to put it to work on this.

The Lucky Leaf has legs I think. Lots of possibilities there for graphics, and it fits the mold of not needing "poker room" or anything else behind it, which I really like. The Lucky Leaf Lounge/Lodge would triple down on the alliteration, but is it too much?

The one that had me stumped for a while was Oaks and Aces. It sounded like it wanted to be something, but it wasn't explaining itself well. (This is why ChatGPT won't run a marketing department on its own anytime soon) Because Oak 'n Aces is a WAY better play on words, and I'm feeling it! It's more modern than I thought I'd go, so I'm still really wary of jumping in head first, but the gears are turning!
In my head, "Oaks & Aces" will look better design wise, could be fun!

So, it's the definition of rough, but here's a super quick mock up of what's in my head for an Oak n' Aces (or Oak and Aces) logo. I still don't know what I'm going to go with yet, but this is the first visual I've been interested in that has sprung to mind. I kinda like the idea of either the aces or the leaves be on fire or smoldering to play into the smoking aces pun

Oak and Aces Real Rough.jpg

I still don't think it'll find it's way onto chips, but definitely cut cards, table felt and I'm thinking some kind of signage, like a big bar mirror. There a local guy that does really great work, and I think it'd be perfect for this. This guy is what I had in mind as I've been mulling this over. It lends itself to an old school style that doesn't feel modern enough for Oak n' Aces

tawwater 1.jpeg
Tawwater 4.jpeg
Tawwater 3.jpeg
Tawwater 2.jpeg
Tawwater 5.jpeg

Slightly less rough, but more sleep deprived

View attachment 1248719

Honest feedback: this is giving me phallic vibes. I don't think that's what you're going for. But I do like the combo of an oak leaf and the spade, even if spade does not equal "ace." There is some symmetry in the shapes. Have you considered overlaying a spade on a leaf or vice versa.

Oak & Stone Lounge
I like this. Or maybe just "The Oak and Stone." Sounds like an Irish pub I'd want to spend a few hours in.

Akcnowledging that all living things have a finite life, you could go with "FALLEN OAK", reminiscent of the ancient Greek proverb "once an oak has fallen, just every-fuckin-body can get firewood"

A great Greek wine-maker in Greek Macedonia has named one of his top wines like this:
KIR-YIANNI_THE-FALLEN-OAK_GR-614x1024.jpg

If you were in California, I could have come up with profane names like "Hacienda de Putas" etc :) :)

Akcnowledging that all living things have a finite life, you could go with "FALLEN OAK", reminiscent of the ancient Greek proverb "once an oak has fallen, just every-fuckin-body can get firewood"

A great Greek wine-maker in Greek Macedonia has named one of his top wines like this:
View attachment 1249267

If you were in California, I could have come up with profane names like "Hacienda de Putas" etc :) :)

Ah...that reminds me of another ancient Greek proverb: "Never trust a coyote trying to sell you a bottle of wine."

Two (or Three) Oaks could even be a more optimistic and naive theme.
Without the emotional drama of the fallen one.
Edit: Hell, even Four, Five, Six or Seven :)

Last edited:
I put a few prompts into Firefly, Adobe's AI image generator, to try and get an "Oaks and Aces" vibe. Here are some interesting takes.

View attachment 1249190View attachment 1249191View attachment 1249192View attachment 1249193View attachment 1249194View attachment 1249195View attachment 1249196View attachment 1249197
I like some elements of these a lot. The Spade embedded in a leaf is a neat visual. If I were to do just a spade, I would want it to look more like a kem ace of spades, or something along those lines to more clearly signal ace rather than spade. I was just being lazy :LOL: :laugh:

It might be cool to do 3 images embedded that could tell you the name without saying it. A club inside a (fancy) spade inside an oak leaf. Oak and Ace Club

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom