New member and new to chips (2 Viewers)

bawana

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey forum guys and gals name is Travis im new to the forum and actually new to chips ive played poker my whole life from a very young age and just wanted to get a home set and now im way down the rabbit hole haha very interested in buying sets off other members or group buys and just learning more about chip collecting. I am in the Florida area so anyone running home games im open to join.

New to the forum and new to chip collecting though im not new to poker and been playing since i was very young i didnt know chips and collecting went this deep. Im not sure why this is but i get the same buzz about chips and finding ones that i like and want the same as i do with sports cards. Does anyone else get that feeling? lol im not sure what to correlation is but it feels so similar.

So im new to the forum this probably has a million answers but how did you guys get your home games started. So to start i dont have many friends or family that play poker obviously that would be my first place to start. I want to get a regular home game going but not sure how to get more guys without inviting random people off the street lol which is a recipe for disaster. Is there a spot on the forum for local guys that like to play or anything like that or some advice on how to get a bigger group going.

Welcome ! I am sure there are a lot of PCF members from Florida here ;)

Welcome, and GL with putting together a home game. Similar to you I started with no local friends who played poker, but I was able to put together a regular home game first by interacting with people on PCF for a while and then, after I had a few commitments from people I met on PCF, posting an invitation to my home game in the hosting section.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...le-wa-seattle-area-home-game-july-23rd.91204/

Welcome to PCF! There are tons of threads on growing and building your home game on this site. Just use the search bar and you will find info on almost anything.

So im new to the forum this probably has a million answers but how did you guys get your home games started. So to start i dont have many friends or family that play poker obviously that would be my first place to start. I want to get a regular home game going but not sure how to get more guys without inviting random people off the street lol which is a recipe for disaster. Is there a spot on the forum for local guys that like to play or anything like that or some advice on how to get a bigger group going.

I can’t recall where I read or heard this piece of wisdom: “It’s easier to turn a poker player into your friend than it is to turn your friend into a poker player”. Maybe it’s less true if you have some friends who are already degenerate gamblers within other disciplines such as sports betting and etc.

Definitely use the Home Game Listings and Meetups section. I’m pretty sure Florida has a decent population of pcf members.

And for tradition’s sake I feel it is appropriate to throw in every PCFer’s advice regarding chips - get samples!

Welcome to PCF!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom