Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (2 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
Sorry everyone, I know I haven't posted updates here in a while, so I owe everyone an apology.
No group buy has materialized from this thread. If people would like to buy cards mold chips I highly recommend you form a small group to purchase an order of 10,000 chips which is the optimum quantity of cheap stock reach the cheapest price per chip shipped to the US.

To the best of my knowledge no one is currently planning an open invite group buy for custom cards mold chips. And to be frank, I don’t believe one will happen again as it is as a monuments amount of work and frustration and there is zero benefit from GB in excess of 10,000 chips. I encourage people to consider launching their own small GBs.
When I created the thread I had the intention of running a group buy, but then some family issues arose and I also got swamped at work. I no longer have the time right now to commit to running a group buy of this caliber. If other member(s) want to step up to run one, that'd be an amazing gesture for the community. If that doesn't happen, I still intend/am willing to run one, but it won't be for another few months at the earliest. If/when I run one, it will have a cap of just over 10,000 chips to keep the logistics manageable and to reduce the likelihood of potential errors that would impact those involved in the buy.
To my knowledge, this is just a discussion thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is an actual ongoing order thread for an active group buy.
Yes, this is an interest only thread. If/when I run a group buy, I'll certainly update info here, but orders would be taken in a new thread.
I think the biggest obstacle is finding a US reshipper. I can't remember if one was found, might have to re-read entire thread.....
For anyone who might be interested in stepping up to run a group buy, I did find a couple members who were willing to reship from the CONUS: @lrapley and @QuailValley, and I think a few other's mentioned interest in the thread.
The Aria GB was delayed when the designer was temporarily sidetracked. We are now back to working on the designs. I know I've said this before, but I think we're getting close to posting an order thread. That will be in a separate, completely new thread when it happens. I'll try to remember to post a link here.
For people who were in interested in the Aria group buy, that was separate from this thread. Looks like it's still on track to happen, but whoever is organizing it will create a separate thread when the time comes.

Sorry everyone, I know I haven't posted updates here in a while, so I owe everyone an apology.

When I created the thread I had the intention of running a group buy, but then some family issues arose and I also got swamped at work. I no longer have the time right now to commit to running a group buy of this caliber. If other member(s) want to step up to run one, that'd be an amazing gesture for the community. If that doesn't happen, I still intend/am willing to run one, but it won't be for another few months at the earliest. If/when I run one, it will have a cap of just over 10,000 chips to keep the logistics manageable and to reduce the likelihood of potential errors that would impact those involved in the buy.

Yes, this is an interest only thread. If/when I run a group buy, I'll certainly update info here, but orders would be taken in a new thread.

For anyone who might be interested in stepping up to run a group buy, I did find a couple members who were willing to reship from the CONUS: @lrapley and @QuailValley, and I think a few other's mentioned interest in the thread.

For people who were in interested in the Aria group buy, that was separate from this thread. Looks like it's still on track to happen, but whoever is organizing it will create a separate thread when the time comes.

I hope all is well with the family.

I echo @Eloe2000 and suggest that people try to coordinate group buys of ~10k chips by design (eg, Aria’s) or region.

I will reiterate that I am happy to help anyone organize and execute their small group buy of around 10k chips. I am happy to guide you and help with the communication on the order and even review artwork for you. You just need an organizer and a reshipper. 10k chips is probably less than 10 people and less than 10 packages to reship!

For the record Tina is still sticking to the .28/chip pricing but shipping has gone up slightly so at the moment you are looking at costs of .32/.33 per chip landed in the US.

Just PM me if you need guidance.

*bonus info: Tina just told me the 43mm cards mold should be launching within a month!

And from personal experience... a sub-10K chip group can quickly ballon if you keep saying yes. :)

On cost, as of today, for 16K chips delivered to the DC area, it was 32.405¢ each via wire transfer or 33.374¢ via credit card/PayPal.

And from personal experience... a sub-10K chip group can quickly ballon if you keep saying yes. :)

On cost, as of today, for 16K chips delivered to the DC area, it was 32.405¢ each via wire transfer or 33.374¢ via credit card/PayPal.
:whistle: :whistling: :ninja: :cool

Shoot did I miss out on the Cali Clubs limit set? Oh well.

I am in for 1950 chips. Have my own artwork thanks to @JeepologyOffroad
I call them “Chicago Starlites”.
if anyone is running a gb in the USA I am ready to roll, just send me a PM please.
Thanks
CC0A0217-64A5-4C11-B41B-F8F9AF1147E2.jpeg

This, for sure. It's been so long since there has been a new buy, I think a new one announced would surpass 10K within hours. Maybe minutes? Not sure 10K is a realistic cutoff.

I would definitely be interested in a Taj tribute set on 43mm.

I have the artwork available upon small charitable donation. Tina will have the cards mold 43mm within a month according to her. Contact me if you find or organize a group buy for yourself. I have my own Taj set already produced and shipped on its way to me now!

86F040E9-4E17-4D4E-8FC6-A803A5DA3FED.png

This, for sure. It's been so long since there has been a new buy, I think a new one announced would surpass 10K within hours. Maybe minutes? Not sure 10K is a realistic cutoff.

I think he means even getting a couple people together quickly their orders ballon past 10k. I intended on a small GB myself with 9 people and we quickly reached 20k chips.

I have the artwork available upon small charitable donation. Tina will have the cards mold 43mm within a month according to her. Contact me if you find or organize a group buy for yourself. I have my own Taj set already produced and shipped on its way to me now!

View attachment 748759
I’d love to use these files as a launching pad for a custom set of mine if you’d be okay with it. Cause I’d be interested in a set of 43mm cards mold

I’d be more than happy to donate :tup:

I’d love to use these files as a launching pad for a custom set of mine if you’d be okay with it. Cause I’d be interested in a set of 43mm cards mold

I’d be more than happy to donate :tup:
Definitely. Let me know how I can help out.

I think he means even getting a couple people together quickly their orders ballon past 10k. I intended on a small GB myself with 9 people and we quickly reached 20k chips.
Correct. I originally wanted to limit the Aria buy to about 15K. But the interest has been so huge that I don't think that is possible. I am going to limit the number of people to around 20, but I don't know how much harder it is to ship 1000 vs 2000 chips to the same person. More boxes I guess, but I think even 25K chips should be pretty manageable by anyone. @FDLmold got over 25K chips out in a few days. Admirable, and I doubt I will get them out that fast. But if people are patient for months while they are being made, I think few days or a week or so to wait on all the shipping to get out is reasonable. If we want people to step up and run these buys, then we have to be realistic and realize we are not running businesses. We have jobs and other responsibilities, and the chips will get mailed out.

Does anybody know what the pricing difference between a group cards mold and a solo sunfly custom order is approx? From what I am seeing cards mold end up about 61-65¢ a chip after shipping from China and then there is the reship cost unless the prices I am seeing are factoring both the shipping from China and domestic shipping. Just curious, if anyone happens to know off hand what the savings are.

Correct. I originally wanted to limit the Aria buy to about 15K. But the interest has been so huge that I don't think that is possible. I am going to limit the number of people to around 20, but I don't know how much harder it is to ship 1000 vs 2000 chips to the same person. More boxes I guess, but I think even 25K chips should be pretty manageable by anyone. @FDLmold got over 25K chips out in a few days. Admirable, and I doubt I will get them out that fast. But if people are patient for months while they are being made, I think few days or a week or so to wait on all the shipping to get out is reasonable. If we want people to step up and run these buys, then we have to be realistic and realize we are not running businesses. We have jobs and other responsibilities, and the chips will get mailed out.
Would this be for individual custom sets, or for a specific design? Also, I thought Sean or someone else was about to run a GB. Wasn’t there a bunch of us posting interest with estimates of how many chips we’d be in for??

Either way, I’m just definitely trying to be in the next custom GB for some 43mm cards mold.

Would this be for individual custom sets, or for a specific design? Also, I thought Sean or someone else was about to run a GB. Wasn’t there a bunch of us posting interest with estimates of how many chips we’d be in for??

Either way, I’m just definitely trying to be in the next custom GB for some 43mm cards mold.

No one is currently planning an open ended cards mold group buy.

Sean was trying to get an idea of the general demand for 43mm cards mold to gauge general interest in the mold upon Tina’s request.

People should plan their own mini-GBs. I am here to help. It’s not complicated.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom