Interest Hard Candy Hold'em...the group buy (1 Viewer)

Would you buy a set?

• No, thank you.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes, I'd like a sample set

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, I'd like a 1 table cash set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'd like a 1 table tourney set

• Yes, I'd like a dealer button(s)

• Yes, other (post in thread)

• Are cards a possibility?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreekRedEye

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
"Are you ready for a set of poker chips that utilizes the beautiful colors often found in candy while maintaining a certain degree of masculinity with the artwork, hot cartoon girls, and the Mafia theme? Why not design a set of poker chips that takes a style queue from actual candy? After all, that's kind of what people crave in their chips, right? Chips provide us guys the opportunity to collect pretty pink stuff without seeming feminine, right?" - Appar1t10n

So what do you say...do we do this or should we let a sleeping Hamelia lie? Just chips? Dealer buttons? Cards? What else?

This thread is to gauge interest in doing a Tina, no mold run of the infamous Cutthroat Poker Set: Hard Candy Hold'em. I have successfully vectorized the file below. The other denominations can be replicated. I have reached out to the person I believe is the original designer to seek his permission.

EDITED to remove image

Last edited:
Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

Good job just ripping off someone's design (as ill advised as it was to begin with).

Maybe @appar1t10n still has their notifications on and sees this. :rolleyes:

@appar1t10n has not been active in almost 9 years. I sent him a PM to see if he would object to this group buy. If he does answer and objects, I would of course cancel it. I see this as a tribute, not a ripoff. I link to the original thread in the first post.

But if I have misread things and this is crossing a line, I apologize and I can cancel this proposal. What do people think?

@appar1t10n has not been active in almost 9 years. I sent him a PM to see if he would object to this group buy. If he does answer and objects, I would of course cancel it. I see this as a tribute, not a ripoff. I link to the original thread in the first post.

But if I have misread things and this is crossing a line, I apologize and I can cancel this proposal. What do people think?
I'm just particularly sensitive to "adopting" I.P. as a design concept I had fleshed out in countless posts back on CT was put into production with finished chips by somebody else before my own chips were delivered.

Lifting somebody else's I.P., even from an abandoned project, is just pretty gross.

Get permission then proceed, absolutely! This just gives me strange vibes I can't quite put into words.

I'm just particularly sensitive to "adopting" I.P. as a design concept I had fleshed out in countless posts back on CT was put into production with finished chips by somebody else before my own chips were delivered.

Lifting somebody else's I.P., even from an abandoned project, is just pretty gross.

Get permission then proceed, absolutely! This just gives me strange vibes I can't quite put into words.
I totally respect this. And thank you for calling me out on it.

@GreekRedEye , I did some internet sleuthing here and on 2plus2 and found the Hard Candy creator's name, which led to his Facebook and LinkedIn. PM me if you want more info about contacting him. At least he should know his set has been elevated to legendary status. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Wow! That is great. Sending you a PM now. I would love to chat with the creator and proceed with permission. Or abandon it if he objects.

@everyone Let's put a pin in this until I make the attempt to communicate with @appar1t10n

This place must drive you batshit crazy sometimes. IP is completely ignored by a lot of folks on here, especially since the Cards mold craze hit.

@GreekRedEye , I did some internet sleuthing here and on 2plus2 and found the Hard Candy creator's name, which led to his Facebook and LinkedIn. PM me if you want more info about contacting him. At least he should know his set has been elevated to legendary status. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Nothing is secret on the internet.... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

404-error.gif

Last edited:
Eh, the whole thing seems a bit mean spirited. Does anyone actually like the chip designs and want them to play with, or is just a joke to rag on a guy who had a very bad idea? I say let sleeping dogs lie.

I'd buy a dino accountant dealer button though.

Eh, the whole thing seems a bit mean spirited. Does anyone actually like the chip designs and want them to play with, or is just a joke to rag on a guy who had a very bad idea? I say let sleeping dogs lie.

I’m in for a sample set

I don’t see it as mean-spirited at all. It started out as an idea that was submitted for serious consideration that no one took seriously. But what has made the thread last this long is not that the design is great…it’s that the OP went so far with it, and mixed a number of different ideas all together, and put a ton of work into it…then vanished.

The interest now is not that it is a great set, but that it has endured as a fantastical idea. I applaud the amount of time, energy and determination to make all the parts, even in the face of a bunch of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom