Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (4 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
Does anybody know what the pricing difference between a group cards mold and a solo sunfly custom order is approx? From what I am seeing cards mold end up about 61-65¢ a chip after shipping from China and then there is the reship cost unless the prices I am seeing are factoring both the shipping from China and domestic shipping. Just curious, if anyone happens to know off hand what the savings are.
The cost of reshipping is typically less than 3c per chip, if using near-capacity USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes (MRFB or LFRB). My cards mold chips (two different group buy orders) worked out to close to 36c/chip delivered.

Not sure from where you're getting the 61-65c figures. That's more in alignment with delivered group buy prices for 43mm ceramic hybrids from Sun-Fly, which have a much higher base cost per chip than the Chinese-made 39mm cards mold ceramics.

Last I checked, Sun-Fly only ships via air freight, which is signicantly higher than sea freight costs (although much faster), and can be offset to some degree with a large order size.

The cost of reshipping is typically less than 3c per chip, if using near-capacity USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes (MRFB or LFRB). My cards mold chips (two different group buy orders) worked out to close to 36c/chip delivered.

Not sure from where you're getting the 61-65c figures. That's more in alignment with delivered group buy prices for 43mm ceramic hybrids from Sun-Fly, which have a much higher base cost per chip than the Chinese-made 39mm cards mold ceramics.

Last I checked, Sun-Fly only ships via air freight, which is signicantly higher than sea freight costs (although much faster), and can be offset to some degree with a large order size.
Rereading the post I based it off, it was the total amount that I interpreted as the shipping.

Rereading the post I based it off, it was the total amount that I interpreted as the shipping.

Let's say you ordered 600 chips. That can fit into a USPS MFRB which is ~$15. That works out to $0.025 per chip. The inbound shipping from China to the US just went up but Tina has held firm on the 0.28/chip cost. So now the chips are just about $0.325 landed in the US. So with reshipping you are looking right at $0.35/chip shipped to your door. Granted these take quite a while to get produced and shipped and reshipped, but $.35/chip at your font door for fully custom chips is insane value.

Let's say you ordered 600 chips. That can fit into a USPS MFRB which is ~$15. That works out to $0.025 per chip. The inbound shipping from China to the US just went up but Tina has held firm on the 0.28/chip cost. So now the chips are just about $0.325 landed in the US. So with reshipping you are looking right at $0.35/chip shipped to your door. Granted these take quite a while to get produced and shipped and reshipped, but $.35/chip at your font door for fully custom chips is insane value.
Yeah, it's pretty nuts. Gonna have to wait for one of these at that price.

i would be in for 700-1000 depending on the artwork, TK pardon if I don’t know the process.

Last edited:
Did the idea of Taj tributes ever get off the ground @Eloe2000 ?

Yep, Tommy and I both have cash sets ordered, produced, and inbound from China right now. Should land in a couple weeks. Pics to follow. Also, someone else just ordered a cash set but hadn’t been produced yet. I have also completed the denoms through 5K if anyone wants a tourney set.

Yep, Tommy and I both have cash sets ordered, produced, and inbound from China right now. Should land in a couple weeks. Pics to follow. Also, someone else just ordered a cash set but hadn’t been produced yet. I have also completed the denoms through 5K if anyone wants a tourney set.
Sweet deal. Can someone @ me when the next order batch is going through? I may be interested in ordering a set.

If anyone puts together a group buy just for the taj tributes, put me on the list please. 39 or 43mm, it doesn't matter, I'm down for whatever.

Sweet deal. Can someone @ me when the next order batch is going through? I may be interested in ordering a set.

If anyone puts together a group buy just for the taj tributes, put me on the list please. 39 or 43mm, it doesn't matter, I'm down for whatever.

I am happy to guide anyone through a group buy if they want to run one. I can even help with the communication. You really just need someone who can organize the orders, collect payment, and then reship.

I should be able to dial in the art better after I get my set in a couple weeks which has the 5c-$100.

BA8C0639-C78C-4AB3-B757-51F2F78CDBEA.png

I'd really love to see the 5c and 25c switched. Also wouldn't mind a secondary hundo added, one for cash and one for tournament.

I'd really love to see the 5c and 25c switched. Also wouldn't mind a secondary hundo added, one for cash and one for tournament.

It is easy enough to change the denoms around etc. I made the pink as my personal quarter frac because I actually remember that chip from the Taj days. I had never seen that blue chip until I started chipping. Similarly, the yellow $20 is sick, but for my own set I did the green chip because I remember it vividly, and for me this was a set constructed out of my fondness for playing there every week twenty years ago. But yeah, to each their own and its easy to change things around.

I'd be in for a Taj set in a heartbeat but would need someone in the US to run a small group buy (10K chips). The cost of shipping to the UK doubles the price - and that's before import VAT :mad:

I said cards mold. Unless the chips you have there contain significantly less spinners than what I’ve seen so far from the 43mm smooth mold, that is…
My bad! I was thinking that as a generic term. Forgot that they were working on the actual card mold 43mm.
I don’t recall any spinners on mine but I only spun about 10 barrels. Just got them yesterday and haven’t had time to properly play with them lol

View attachment 757615Unless I am not understanding what you are asking, I have 43mm textured plain mold. I don't have any spinners.
Mine are textured as well and no spinners that I know of.
maybe he’s saying the non textured chips have spinners. I could see that.
But there are no 43mm card mold chips just yet. I was kinda bummed when I heard they were coming out with 43mm card mold because I already ordered but after getting them, it was love at first sight lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom