Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread (6 Viewers)

Hi,

Just curious about feedback from the ones who already got and played their chips.

I had some feedback about the ACFs ones. After a game or two, some color transfer already appeared on some chips.

received_749750628940196.jpeg

Pic from @Bobb59 ...

Has anyone experienced the same issue ?

I think @SeanGecko is the one who played the most with them and he didn't face any issue...

Kid.

I'm curious about how those who've gotten these already like them? I've heard that they are fairly slippery after shuffling them for just a short while and that they have spinners. Is that everyone's experience, or just a few of you? If so, what is the extent of the spinners problem? Are there a lot of spinners, or just a few that could easily be replaced by ordering spares, or is this fairly rampant throughout?

To all of those looking for groups to buy chips (many have PMed me), I wanted to reiterate that I am happy to answer questions and even closely guide you in the ordering process if you would like to run your own group. The part that I do not want to get involved in is the receiving and reshipping of actual chips (or managing people and payments).

the card molds chip from the other supplier will be arriving next week.

other supplier?

Yes the last group buy used the supplier I used for my custom set, not the same one seangecko used in the massive group buy. They also have the crd mold and 43mm but come in a little cheaper on price.

any noticeable difference in quality?

The ceramics I got from them are flat not card mold, but they are well done. the card molds will be arriving next week I am sure plenty of pictures and observations are to come. It gives the community another option for these big group buys for low price and unclog some of the issues with work backing up.
IMG_3878.jpg

FYI there is a 2nd company that does the card molds and 43mm as well. We used them in the last CN/US group buy that just finished in January.

The prices are slightly less at 20,000

- 24c/chip for the 39mm cards mold
- 26c/chip for the 43mm plain mold, smooth

@davislane above is the information I posted earlier in the thread

Is there anyone who got chips from Sean's group buy that also ordered from the other group buy that arrives next week? I think everyone would be interested in comparisons!

I’m also interested in reviews on how these chips play. I know there was some spinners issues. Does everyone think that the material will stand up to normal wear and tear? I can’t wait to get my sample set and see what they feel like.

Is there anyone who got chips from Sean's group buy that also ordered from the other group buy that arrives next week? I think everyone would be interested in comparisons!

I ordered from both, but I don't have the chips from Sean's group buy yet. I'm in batch 4, which probably won't arrive for another couple of months at least.

The 2nd group buy will be here next week. Whenever I have both in hand I can do a comparison.

I ordered from both, but I don't have the chips from Sean's group buy yet. I'm in batch 4, which probably won't arrive for another couple of months at least.

The 2nd group buy will be here next week. Whenever I have both in hand I can do a comparison.

Also, if there's anybody that currently has chips from the first group that's interested in doing a comparison, I can send a sample of my chips from the 2nd group buy in a couple weeks.

Funny the 2nd group buy will be in before the 1st group buy

The best thing would be if someone from batches 1,2, or 3 from Sean's group buy added add ons from this group buy coming in next week. Apples to apples comparing the same art. But there may be nobody that meets that criteria.

The best thing would be if someone from batches 1,2, or 3 from Sean's group buy added add ons from this group buy coming in next week. Apples to apples comparing the same art. But there may be nobody that meets that criteria.

what exactly are you trying to find out?

are you just trying to compare the 2 vendors?

I’m also interested in reviews on how these chips play. I know there was some spinners issues. Does everyone think that the material will stand up to normal wear and tear? I can’t wait to get my sample set and see what they feel like.
I am really happy with the feel of them and how they play. I have not noticed any spinners yet, but have not really put them to the test much yet. I have never had ceramic chips so i can't compare to other ceramics, but I hate slippery chips. These have an ever so slight rough feel to them. I'm guessing that with a lot of use they will become more slick?

what exactly are you trying to find out?

are you just trying to compare the 2 vendors?
Yes. There is an assumption that they use the same blank provider. Someone who has both can compare and see. The two things I can think of are the prominence of the dimple and vertical lines on the edge from the mold process. On the printing side, I have no idea whether one vendors equipment is superior to the others. Things to compare there would be the presence of "gas marks", the ability to handle fine print details, centering of printing on the chip, and edge spot alignment. I expect any differences would be very minor, but I'd like to see.

Is there a template to use for the artwork designs? I have a design almost finalized, but I need to try create the edgespots to match. Depending on when the next GB is for Canada, I am uncertain if I'll be able to get artist from the forum to assist in the timelines required.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom