Best Closing track ever ? What album ? ( This should be interesting) (1 Viewer)

A Rock n roll anthem that was the last cut on their debut album……..

Skynard…. “Freebird”…… Lynard Skynard titled album.

Best band of that era, IMHO.

Tough one for me on that one. Absolutely love AIC but Soundgarden just edges them out for me.

Both so good and then you remember we also got Temple of the Dog and Mad Season from those two, both with bits of Pesrl Jam mixed in. What a cool time for a brand new music scene.

Two great ones from Jimmy Buffet: God's Own Drunk (Living and Dying in ¾ Time), and Death of an Unpopular Poet (A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean).
Nice to be spending a major part of this weekend flipping through (and listening to) old CDs and DVDs!

Lots of great ones here.

Just a few that were ahead of their time
Hot out of the gate with classic first albums
Their sophomore albums were game changers

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Bold as Love"
Axis: Bold as Love

A Tribe Called Quest - "Scenario"
The Low End Theory

Beastie Boys - "B-Boy Bouillabaisse"
Paul's Boutique

No one has heard of my favorite band either… but for those who enjoy the heavier genres (music) and horror genre (film), and who know what it is they are listening to, this is an out-freaking-standing closing track.

Ice Nine Kills
The Silver Scream
IT is the End

When I first saw this thread, I figured there would be some spectacular offerings, and it hasn't disappointed.

I had a long Facetime discussion with a friend of mine during the depths of COVID and we both quickly agreed that bands no longer write albums. The proliferation of streaming and "skip this song" have forced artists to write for the single that will get play and make money. The fine art of crafting a collection of songs and placing them in a particular order is a skill that is rapidly fading, and it makes both of us rather sad.

My musical tastes are a bit eclectic, and maybe not in the spirit of "best... ever", but in my book, and from a couple favorite artists my personal 'bests':

This video isn't released by the band but is the song set to some rather pleasant views.

"Frontera" from the 'debut' album "The Black Light" from the Tucson band Calexico. I say 'debut' in quotes as this is their first album under the name Calexico, but they had released a low-fi album under the name "Spoke" before this. I recall the first time I listened to the album with the audio journey it travels and the crescendo is ends with here is a beautiful way to wrap up the entire journey. (I might be a bit biased as this is probably my all-time favorite band)

"Ghost Wiring" from the Neko Case album "Blacklisted". I just love the growling guitar to start the song and her voice.... :love: Her voice just runs chills down my spine at times.

Technically this isn't the last song on the album, but the penultimate, with the final track being a reprise of a song earlier in the album that sound like it's over an old AM radio, complete with some tuning to get the frequency right and other snippets of sound. I don't generally count things like that in the track list as they are more a bonus.

Really fun thread. Keep up the posts, everyone!

Lots of great songs in this thread. I'll pick this Elton song, which was the last track of disc 2. Yellow Brick Road was one of my first records that I bought as a kid. Rode my bike a few miles to Music Plus to get this one.

Lots of great songs in this thread. I'll pick this Elton song, which was the last track of disc 2. Yellow Brick Road was one of my first records that I bought as a kid. Rode my bike a few miles to Music Plus to get this one.

Ah yes, Music Plus. Haha! This got me thinking about all of the music stores that I’d frequent around LA. Tower records on Sunset strip ( spent hours looking through albums), Licorice Pizza, Sam Goodies, Big Ben’s…..RIP record stores☹️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom