Best Closing track ever ? What album ? ( This should be interesting) (1 Viewer)

Lot's of love, but I was purposefully controversial there since I'm in the minority that prefers Quadrophenia (musically) over Tommy.

I also abstained from any Pink Floyd because they just have too many to chose from, although I'd ultimately choose Eclipse if I had to choose one.
Yeah, I'm in the Tommy camp hehe :D

Oh, and there used to be a guy named Dylan, who had some pretty decent closing tracks. His first seven albums -- pick any one:

See That My Grave Is Kept Clean
I Shall Be Free
Restless Farewell
It Ain't Me Babe
It's All Over Now Baby Blue
Desolation Row
Just Like A Woman

I gotta go with Abbey Road "The End".

I was gonna say that, but they have a "secret song" called Her Majesty, which is all of 23 seconds. I do think the short song medley at the end of Abbey Road is absolutely brilliant. Sun King, Mean Mr. Mustard, Polythene Pam, She Came in through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry that weight, The End, Her Majesty. No breaks.

I got back into album rock during covid, some of the albums mentioned here are my favorites. I think Moondance by Van Morrison may be my all time favorite, not a bad track on it.

Great thread!!

This is an incredible close to an incredible album...

... As is this — especially live.

Hoping you'll start up a similar thread for the greatest opening track, too, @legend672?

I was gonna say that, but they have a "secret song" called Her Majesty, which is all of 23 seconds. I do think the short song medley at the end of Abbey Road is absolutely brilliant. Sun King, Mean Mr. Mustard, Polythene Pam, She Came in through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry that weight, The End, Her Majesty. No breaks.

My Beatles vote is still The End (Her Majesty aside) over A Day in the Life, despite me liking the latter song more in a vacuum. My reasoning is that Let it Be might have been released after Abbey Road, but Abbey Road was recorded last. So basically the culmination of their individual and group talent is at it's peak in Abbey Road, that medley, and is wrapped up in The End. The rotating guitar solos followed by "...and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make ahh ahhhh" harmony is just perfection. To me The End doesn't just bookend the album, but the Beatles altogether.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom