Tell me a good story. (1 Viewer)

Here's one that just happened today.

Went to the Dunkin Donuts near me today to pick up half a dozen donuts because I felt like treating the kids. This particular location is located within a convenience store as a part of a gas station on a main road.

I use the east entrance with the parking spaces in front of the store to my right. Some Range Rover like SUV comes barreling in through the south entrance, through a filling station and into a parking spot right in front of me, looking like they're in a hurry.

The lot is empty and I park two spots over to the right because I'm not a sociopathic animal that parks right next to the only other car in the lot.

Somehow I get out of my car before this person, but suddenly I see a middle aged woman, looking to be in a huge rush run up to the entrance of the store in back of me.

I open the door and see this lady giving me some of the most evil eyes looking back at me. I open the door and let her through in front of me.

Not before she even gets to the counter, she blurts out "DO YOU HAVE ANY MUFFINS LEFT???". She sees a collection of about 7 or 8 muffins in the display counter from about 10 feet away and breathes an audible sigh of relief. She gets closer and grunts. "UGH, NO CHOCOLATE CHIP?!?!? FUCK". And storms out without saying anything. I order my donuts from the shellshocked teenage girl at the counter, thank her, and leave.

What I am curious about is what this woman wanted with a chocolate chip muffin so desperately at 2pm on a Saturday.

I guess it's one of those things that you had to be there to appreciate it, but once I got back to the car, I lost it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long while lol
I had a similar experience at a Chipotle maybe 18 months ago. Guy is in line behind me and when he orders his burrito bowl, he's informed they were out of white rice and would have more in 10 minutes (I already heard this part from the folks behind the counter and didn't mind). He was visibly and audibly upset about the lack of white rice. He wondered aloud how this is could be the only Chipotle in town without white rice and promptly stormed out of the restaurant without ordering a thing. Myself, one other patron and the whole staff behind the counter were a little stunned by this.

Last edited:
Here's one that just happened today.

Went to the Dunkin Donuts near me today to pick up half a dozen donuts because I felt like treating the kids. This particular location is located within a convenience store as a part of a gas station on a main road.

I use the east entrance with the parking spaces in front of the store to my right. Some Range Rover like SUV comes barreling in through the south entrance, through a filling station and into a parking spot right in front of me, looking like they're in a hurry.

The lot is empty and I park two spots over to the right because I'm not a sociopathic animal that parks right next to the only other car in the lot.

Somehow I get out of my car before this person, but suddenly I see a middle aged woman, looking to be in a huge rush run up to the entrance of the store in back of me.

I open the door and see this lady giving me some of the most evil eyes looking back at me. I open the door and let her through in front of me.

Not before she even gets to the counter, she blurts out "DO YOU HAVE ANY MUFFINS LEFT???". She sees a collection of about 7 or 8 muffins in the display counter from about 10 feet away and breathes an audible sigh of relief. She gets closer and grunts. "UGH, NO CHOCOLATE CHIP?!?!? FUCK". And storms out without saying anything. I order my donuts from the shellshocked teenage girl at the counter, thank her, and leave.

What I am curious about is what this woman wanted with a chocolate chip muffin so desperately at 2pm on a Saturday.

I guess it's one of those things that you had to be there to appreciate it, but once I got back to the car, I lost it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long while lol
SERIOUS munchies. Lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom