Die with zero by Bill Perkins (2 Viewers)

Santa123

Straight
Reaction score
The book must be published a year or so. I didn't read it but I watched an interview with him discussing his book. A couple of his ideas about life made me think about how to approach life. To plan future life stages, for example, like playing Tetris. What one can likely do during that time and what may not be as good in terms of health, leisure, and finances. In this context his opinion on the Financial Independence Retire Early movement. That money is only a tool and you should not to be too obsessed on your assets to grow for ever. Giving your money to your kids early or at least consciousness before dieing. Most of it is common sense how ever it was quit refreshing.
I don't realy follow his ideas to maximize the amount of experience how ever.

Anyone read his book and likes to comment if it's worth the read?

Here is the interview.

Last edited:
I have not read the book but watched a bit of the podcast. I think these type of wisdom interviews are great because even if they only motivate 1% of the audience in a positive way, then it did its job. Everyone's walk of life are different and there is no one theory or one book with all the answers.

Chris Williamson: Why is it we find it so hard to spend money?
Me: I just dropped a few hundred on chips today that I didn't "need" at all. I don't find it hard to spend money!

Incredibly wealthy hedge fund manager tells me to stop saving my money. Okay, good talk.

"It challenges the age-old philosphy of tireless working", the man is 52 and has more wealth than he'll need for several lifetimes, he's gonna tell me about tireless working?

Incredibly wealthy hedge fund manager tells me to stop saving my money. Okay, good talk.

"It challenges the age-old philosphy of tireless working", the man is 52 and has more wealth than he'll need for several lifetimes, he's gonna tell me about tireless working?
I agree. He should tell everyone to sit around, be lazy, and collect as many free handouts as possible.

I agree. He should tell everyone to sit around, be lazy, and collect as many free handouts as possible.
Ah I missed you bud! Merry Christmas.

Yes, thats what I said, glad you could read between the lines. Saving money = sit around and be lazy?

the general theme of the book is along the lines of the fire theory. but he also had some good points that I never really thought of. Anything that provokes critical thinking and reminds me to not go through the motions of life unconsciously is worth reading imo.

Ah I missed you bud! Merry Christmas.

Yes, thats what I said, glad you could read between the lines. Saving money = sit around and be lazy?
I’m offended you said, “Christmas.” So tone deaf. Blocked!!!!!

I plan on reading it. I saw an article about the book and thought it would be good to read it. Tru dat about making hay while the sun shines!

I remember my dad saying that you should be rich when you're young and poor when you're old instead of the way that it normally is. It is a cruel life trick of fate that many people have to work so hard and struggle financially when they are young and are financially comfortable in their older years when their ability to enjoy their money may have limitations due to you being f-in old.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom