BarrieJ3 absence (2 Viewers)

@Ben8257 knows I'm his biggest beard fan right? I've been looking on social media for "chipperBensBeard" once a week and can't find a page for it yet.
Hehehe I hope it shows up one day ;)
15722998689767803304460767689623.jpg

I think I’d seen it, but I hadn’t paid any attention to it. Then someone said it and it became a revelation. Lol
Should probably update that lol I typed something in the 'signature' thing when I made my account but had no idea what it meant LOL

Let loose buddy. FYI...you didn't stop talking. You gave an opinion, I read it, then you came back to offer more, at which point I again thanked you for your feedback but basically said that others beg to differ, then once again you returned.

If you're so confident wanna send me the money I'm owed and you can collect from Barrie when he returns? I'd be fine with that.
Nah. Because you'd start asking if I had sent anyone else free money when my check took too long to arrive and that's just too much drama for my taste. I gotta send @FordPickup92 a LFRB full of pennies anyways ....

See. THAT was trolling...

Dude. I hope you get the chips and he shows up and has some witty reason things got F'ed up, like I've said. I hate every bad deal that happens here, but thru time, I've only seen a rare few who come here often that screwed someone over. (I can only think of one major off the top off my head)

Obviously, we are not communicating well, so I will end it with the fact I hope he makes it right, and I think he will. Past that, y'all have fun.

Nah. Because you'd start asking if I had sent anyone else free money when my check took too long to arrive and that's just too much drama for my taste. I gotta send @FordPickup92 a LFRB full of pennies anyways ....

See. THAT was trolling...

Dude. I hope you get the chips and he shows up and has some witty reason things got F'ed up, like I've said. I hate every bad deal that happens here, but thru time, I've only seen a rare few who come here often that screwed someone over. (I can only think of one major off the top off my head)

Obviously, we are not communicating well, so I will end it with the fact I hope he makes it right, and I think he will. Past that, y'all have fun.
I appreciate the sentiment. I have way less skin in the game than others. If I get stiffed it won't kill me.

I just want everyone on PCF to know that, if I don’t respond to your PMs, it’s because (1) I’m dead, close to death, or seriously injured; (2) I’m at sea and unreachable; (3) after seeing all of my chip purchases, my wife has forbidden me from getting on PCF; or (4) I just really despise you and don’t believe you deserve a response.

@Josh Kifer, don’t try PM’ing me ... you will get no response

I'm assuming my dick pics gave you a heart attack because it can't be number four.

:hearts:

After three pages of mostly endless repetition (and very little constructive towards resolving the OP's issue), I have only two things to say:
  1. There are two sides to every story. This thread contains only one.
  2. Nice major league racks. Thanks, @FordPickup92.
You're welcome :tup:

Am I the only one who did not think they were looking at a beard over a yellow shirt for a split second when they first saw this picture?

I was like"first boobs now this?!??!!"
It's a beard over an orange shirt lol

I paid for chips I bought from @BarrieJ3 a couple weeks ago and he went radio silent as soon as I paid. Still no evidence of any shipment. I’ve messaged him several times since and no reply. I have dealt with him in the past and he seemed like a great member, but the fact that he’s been on here almost every day the past couple weeks and isn’t responding (to this string or to pms) is concerning.

I hope he comes through but it is definitely starting to look a little like a Moscowradio situation.

@wonderpuddle, I agree the lack of communication is a big concern, but suspect that he'll come thru eventually.

Here's why
1 - He's had a bunch of seemingly reputable people vouch for him (I"m not including that troll, @Josh Kifer of course ;) )
2 - Those that have had 'suboptimal' dealings in the past have still got their chips eventually (unless I've miss read something, feel free to correct me if I have)
3 - Those that know him seem pretty confident he is in the middle of moving places at the moment
4 - I'm involved with both splits of @Weckedy Outpost chips. $452 involved all up, so I have a do have a donkey in this race! I know for a fact that @BarrieJ3 purchased the second set, as @Weckedy confirmed it in this thread (perhaps @Weckedy could confirm it was @BarrieJ3 who purchased the 1st set as well?). If @BarrieJ3 was having significant financial concerns, and wanted to score some easy cash, then it wouldn't make sense to actually purchase the chips - he would have got all the cash from everyone in the splits, then gone silent and disappeared.

Sure, maybe he decided that these luscious Outpost Chips are worth destroying his entire reputation over, but probability says that he's really busy and isn't prioritising communicating with us. Which I strongly disagree with, as you shouldn't take the role of splitting the chips unless you can do it properly.

I appreciate that your situation is different, in that you paid for chips and then have experienced radio silence and no chips.

Anyhoo, I could well be deluding myself because I'm so far in the hole, but for now I'm keeping my trust in my attempt at logic from point 4.

Anyone need a hug?! :) @BarrieJ3,@BarrieJ3, Bueller?

Z

@wonderpuddle, I agree the lack of communication is a big concern, but suspect that he'll come thru eventually.

Here's why
1 - He's had a bunch of seemingly reputable people vouch for him (I"m not including that troll, @Josh Kifer of course ;) )
2 - Those that have had 'suboptimal' dealings in the past have still got their chips eventually (unless I've miss read something, feel free to correct me if I have)
3 - Those that know him seem pretty confident he is in the middle of moving places at the moment
4 - I'm involved with both splits of @Weckedy Outpost chips. $452 involved all up, so I have a do have a donkey in this race! I know for a fact that @BarrieJ3 purchased the second set, as @Weckedy confirmed it in this thread (perhaps @Weckedy could confirm it was @BarrieJ3 who purchased the 1st set as well?). If @BarrieJ3 was having significant financial concerns, and wanted to score some easy cash, then it wouldn't make sense to actually purchase the chips - he would have got all the cash from everyone in the splits, then gone silent and disappeared.

Sure, maybe he decided that these luscious Outpost Chips are worth destroying his entire reputation over, but probability says that he's really busy and isn't prioritising communicating with us. Which I strongly disagree with, as you shouldn't take the role of splitting the chips unless you can do it properly.

I appreciate that your situation is different, in that you paid for chips and then have experienced radio silence and no chips.

Anyhoo, I could well be deluding myself because I'm so far in the hole, but for now I'm keeping my trust in my attempt at logic from point 4.

Z
Im'ma nothin but trouble and sasssss

Here's why

Z

Sure, i can confirm that he bought both sets from me.

Here's why

Z

I think he’ll come thru. He seems like a good guy. It’s just strange seeing him log on here several times and not reply.

He was really helpful and generous to me when I bought from him, and so my personal opinion of him is very positive.

I have faith he will get you what is yours, although the holdup and lack of response post thread-open is particularly strange.

At this point all any of us are concerned with is either getting our chips or our money back. Regardless this needs to be noted in feedback once it is resolved, IF it is resolved I guess.

Probably overwhelmed and won't say anything until he has something positive to report.
I can see this. But do you think this is appropriate when you're actively selling items in the classifieds and volunteering to split 2 big buys?

I understand if you're moving or whatever. However a reasonable person wouldn't do all the things he's done. I just don't buy the "he's in the middle of a big move" argument if that's the case he has terrible judgement for selling items and taking on extra responsibilities during that time. Not to mention the fact that he had plenty of time to post the pics of all the chips he got in the "pron" thread as well as being off and on checking the classifieds and recent posts on the forums. I feel like all we are doing is making excuses when he is the one in the wrong here.

Not "making excuses", and never said it was "appropriate", either.

But it's not that uncommon of an occurrence.... and I've been guilty of it myself in the past.

Not "making excuses", and never said it was "appropriate", either.

But it's not that uncommon of an occurrence.... and I've been guilty of it myself in the past.
I can't say I've had this issue myself, but then again I don't sell much really.

I'm more disappointed that those that were left hanging on his last 6+ week absence didn't note it in his feedback so that maybe we wouldn't have let him be the point man on splitting the sets.

I know that none of this is Lakeshore money (or I guess bud Jones money looking at the classifieds :tdown:) but he probably has close to $1000 (maybe more) from other forum members as well as 2 large sets in hand that could fetch some more change on eBay if needed. Just seems strange that everyone is so quick to defend him when he has done this before and even so far as to be critical of those of us being stiffed because we jumped the gun?

I think that's my biggest issue. I can understand trying to reassure people but some of the responses in here seem very dismissive.

I'm not gonna die if I don't get my money or chips. I'm only in this for a small amount but others are invested much more and I feel bad for them. I feel like as a community we owe it to each other to weed out problems like this.

Just seems strange that everyone is so quick to defend him when he has done this before and even so far as to be critical of those of us being stiffed because we jumped the gun?

I think that's my biggest issue. I can understand trying to reassure people but some of the responses in here seem very dismissive.
I don’t know why I have been reading this thread, but I have to weigh in at this point.

I don’t think people have been “quick to defend” @BarrieJ3, have been “critical” of the people who may get stiffed, or have been “dismissive.” You asked for people’s opinions, and you got what you asked for. I think people are trying to be helpful and put things in perspective. That’s all.

you (and others) are justifiably upset and frustrated. i get it. we all get it. and i agree that it's not cool that he's gone radio silent despite being "active" very recently.

people make mistakes. god knows i've made plenty of them and haven't handled them all well...burning plenty of bridges (some beyond repair) along the way.

i realize none of this is helpful in your eyes but there's nothing i can do about that.

I don’t know why I have been reading this thread, but I have to weigh in at this point.

I don’t think people have been “quick to defend” @BarrieJ3, have been “critical” of the people who may get stiffed, or have been “dismissive.” You asked for people’s opinions, and you got what you asked for. I think people are trying to be helpful and put things in perspective. That’s all.
To be fair, I didn't ask for opinions. I asked if anyone had spoken with him or received chips from him recently. What I ended up getting were opinions.

Just to lighten the thread a bit...(and I blame @Josh Kifer for making me fall in love with this show). Not a knock against you, @Marhault , I just can't hear that phrase any more without thinking of what is seen below. They have really improved as the seasons have gone on.

I'll take blame for that. To beeeee faiirrrrrr
Just to lighten the thread a bit...(and I blame @Josh Kifer for making me fall in love with this show). Not a knock against you, @Marhault , I just can't hear that phrase any more without thinking of what is seen below. They have really improved as the seasons have gone on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom