BarrieJ3 absence (7 Viewers)

You asked us for our personal experiences. We are giving you them. In mine, I literally said I wouldn't be stressed, but you gotta do what you gotta do (and explained that in my response)

So... Yeah... No clue why there is any need explaining to me. I get it, but if you ask us our experiences, be prepared for most people to say something positive.... The regulars around here have had great experiences with the regulars. @BarrieJ3 has personally sent me a set for nearly half price because he knew I would play it and hated they were in boxes....

I'm not even that nice....

But I'm sure he will pop up and make it even... It wouldn't make any sense if he didn't. I doubt this is a long con to get over on someone, it's more then likely a simple reason and bad communication... But I wouldn't be worried, percay.

People can jump in and tell you the good and jump in and point holes in the story all day. It's kinda a hobby around here (just mention "star group buy" in any forum here), but logic would dictate that a chipper, who has spent thousands, sold thousands, and has deals moving currently wouldn't attempt to ruin that over one deal (unless someone sent him 10 grand, then your on your own).

Odds are, it's a simple issue that will be fixed. And if I'm wrong, I'll buy ya the first round of beers.
It's more than one deal, it's multiple deals, 2 large set splits, of which he has the money from the people buying their part of the split AND the chips and at least one classifieds transaction that I know of. But yes, I also hope there's an explanation.

"Regulars" that's what's more concerning for me. We are talking about a guy that like I said has posted every single day since September 2nd so to disappear for several days is definitely out of the ordinary.

To be fair, there have been others in the past that were regular contributing members that did similar things. Sometimes it isn't a "long con" sometimes people just get the right situation.

To be fair as well. He has every opportunity to come here, explain his situation, make things right and clear the air. I would much rather have things square and explained than for people to be left out in the cold.

Well. Heres my 2 cents to add (think we might be upwards around 8 cents now??)
Lack of or no communication is not acceptable IMO. When I first joined this forum I made a purchase through offerup, that in the end I recieved but went weeks without my chips and out several hundred dollars. I had zero experience with chipping, shipping, or anything else of the nature. Some members here gave me warnings and info (mostly negative) on the seller, and also gave me pointers to things I could try to receive my chips when it seemed I was at a total loss. After what seemed like a lifetime, the guy eventually gave in and shipped me part of my order, and several weeks later after much badgering, the rest. I wouldn't lose hope that the chips will never come, I would be very upset (and if you're at all like me-impatient-very pissed) I would say @BarrieJ3's communications deserve to be noted poorly in a feedback statement for those that it applies to. Ben and I personally had a situation with him that resulted in delay of arrival for an order, he eventually made good on the problem to everyone involved. But I do feel a bit leery, why sell off all your samples, and then scramble around to buy as many you can? Weird, but his business life happens you never know someone's story. And I agree, nobody knows what someone's going through. But that is exactly the point of communicating! If you let your buyers/split receivers know whats going on then no big deal! But its just not okay to be active on the forum and leave people hanging. I can say theres a large handful of people here who have no problems with him, and that's excellent. But I've heard more negative than positive... do I think he should be burned at a stake, banished, shunned, or otherwise attacked? No! But I do feel like he should be questioned a bit. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but because my hostile untrusting side says no good, I'm wary to be hopeful... theres still a glimmer I suppose. If I was in this position I'd prefer if a moderator or someone of more authority could A. Give me some advice on moving forward or B. Step in and try to find a resolution

It's more than one deal, it's multiple deals, 2 large set splits, of which he has the money from the people buying their part of the split AND the chips and at least one classifieds transaction that I know of. But yes, I also hope there's an explanation.

"Regulars" that's what's more concerning for me. We are talking about a guy that like I said has posted every single day since September 2nd so to disappear for several days is definitely out of the ordinary.

To be fair, there have been others in the past that were regular contributing members that did similar things. Sometimes it isn't a "long con" sometimes people just get the right situation.

Then obviously nothing here that we are saying can attempt to help the situation, which we are trying to do.

I'm attempting to do, as you requested, and explained in a very open way my thought on the situation... If you are going to come back with "yeah but...." Then why did you ask our relationship with the guy...

Okay. Two sets. Lots of money. Piles of money for useless clay discs (WE WERE WARNED). Zero of those facts you stated change the point I was attempting to make.

And yes, others have stolen money. Don't play the game if you are not willing to lose. We are run by Goodwill here, and if you can't have faith in Goodwill, then this place isnt going to treat you well.... Because when I send some dude named @Saoliver, which is basically jibberish word to me a PayPal F&F for 2k, I have no recourse but Hope and Goodwill. It sucks in some ways, but it's also the greatest part of this forum. This runs because we all love chips.

I have faith things will be fine, in time. Now again, that means literally nothing, but I'm not asking people there options of someone or if they have seen him, I'm answering the question at hand.

I just want everyone on PCF to know that, if I don’t respond to your PMs, it’s because (1) I’m dead, close to death, or seriously injured; (2) I’m at sea and unreachable; (3) after seeing all of my chip purchases, my wife has forbidden me from getting on PCF; or (4) I just really despise you and don’t believe you deserve a response.

@Josh Kifer, don’t try PM’ing me ... you will get no response

Then obviously nothing here that we are saying can attempt to help the situation, which we are trying to do.

I'm attempting to do, as you requested, and explained in a very open way my thought on the situation... If you are going to come back with "yeah but...." Then why did you ask our relationship with the guy...

Okay. Two sets. Lots of money. Piles of money for useless clay discs (WE WERE WARNED). Zero of those facts you stated change the point I was attempting to make.

And yes, others have stolen money. Don't play the game if you are not willing to lose. We are run by Goodwill here, and if you can't have faith in Goodwill, then this place isnt going to treat you well.... Because when I send some dude named @Saoliver, which is basically jibberish word to me a PayPal F&F for 2k, I have no recourse but Hope and Goodwill. It sucks in some ways, but it's also the greatest part of this forum. This runs because we all love chips.

I have faith things will be fine, in time. Now again, that means literally nothing, but I'm not asking people there options of someone or if they have seen him, I'm answering the question at hand.
I'll take 2k on faith and goodwill of friendship and awesome jokes ;):p

Last edited:
I just want everyone on PCF to know that, if I don’t respond to your PMs, it’s because (1) I’m dead, close to death, or seriously injured; (2) I’m at sea and unreachable; (3) after seeing all of my chip purchases, my wife has forbidden me from getting on PCF; or (4) I just really despise you and don’t believe you deserve a response.

@Josh Kifer, don’t try PM’ing me ... you will get no response
Screenshot_20191028-153733.jpg

I am a child.

First off, I haven't at all said "yeah but" so you can get off me with that crap. I said I asked for peoples opinions and I got it from you and I appreciate it. But you're acting like your opinion is the be all end all and it's obviously not.
As for your second part I gather you're basically saying 'suck it up' or to just deal with it. Well thats exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to elicit action out of a non-actionable party by bringing the issue public.

Obviously there's nothing i can do to get my chips or my money without @BarrieJ3 giving me one or the other, so if he doesn't then I guess I'm out. Which you are correct is part of the game, but what I'm trying to encourage is for people who have had issues like this to please communicate them because if I would have had the PMs that I've gotten since posting this we for sure would have picked someone else to manage the splits. We wouldn't have excluded him for slow shipping or poor communication, but it allows you to take precautions to prevent that stuff in the future.

First off, I haven't at all said "yeah but" so you can get off me with that crap. I said I asked for peoples opinions and I got it from you and I appreciate it. But you're acting like your opinion is the be all end all and it's obviously not.
As for your second part I gather you're basically saying 'suck it up' or to just deal with it. Well thats exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to elicit action out of a non-actionable party by bringing the issue public.

Obviously there's nothing i can do to get my chips or my money without @BarrieJ3 giving me one or the other, so if he doesn't then I guess I'm out. Which you are correct is part of the game, but what I'm trying to encourage is for people who have had issues like this to please communicate them because if I would have had the PMs that I've gotten since posting this we for sure would have picked someone else to manage the splits. We wouldn't have excluded him for slow shipping or poor communication, but it allows you to take precautions to prevent that stuff in the future.
You sound fun.

You sound fun.
No. I'm just not about to be berated by someone over something I've not done, especially for no reason.

I've not had a negative experience with anyone that I can think of on here and you're acting like I'VE done something wrong here.

I appreciate your feedback on Barriej3.

No, the issue was instead of saying "thanks, hopefully it shows up", you kept talking... So once you keep talking and then pushing more moot points, we keep talking trying to explain. But hey.... Knock yourself out.

If you want, we can stop talking and you can just fume in here. That's cool. I'll go back to trolling....

No. I'm just not about to be berated by someone over something I've not done, especially for no reason.

I've not had a negative experience with anyone that I can think of on here and you're acting like I'VE done something wrong here.

I appreciate your feedback on Barriej3.
I berated you? I've been actually nice! Hahahaha. Oh this is getting fun! I'm not even trying!

No, the issue was instead of saying "thanks, hopefully it shows up", you kept talking... So once you keep talking and then pushing more moot points, we keep talking trying to explain. But hey.... Knock yourself out.

If you want, we can stop talking and you can just fume in here. That's cool. I'll go back to trolling....
When did you stop trolling

When did you stop trolling
Oh no, I would have been way more random if I was trolling hardcore. This was an attempt to be helpful, hence why I didn't start swearing and really hitting low. I'll do better next time, promise.

@Josh Kifer i hope the people I’ve dealt with in the past give their positive dealings with me the way that you have done for Barrie.

Hopefully that will buy me enough time to escape the country with the $50 I sell my chips for on this site! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Lol joking

@Josh Kifer i hope the people I’ve dealt with in the past give their positive dealings with me the way that you have done for Barrie.

Hopefully that will buy me enough time to escape the country with the $50 I sell my chips for on this site! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Lol joking
I'm now complaining about you in my signature line.... Once I get home. Teach you....

Oh no, I would have been way more random if I was trolling hardcore. This was an attempt to be helpful, hence why I didn't start swearing and really hitting low. I'll do better next time, promise.
Let loose buddy. FYI...you didn't stop talking. You gave an opinion, I read it, then you came back to offer more, at which point I again thanked you for your feedback but basically said that others beg to differ, then once again you returned.

If you're so confident wanna send me the money I'm owed and you can collect from Barrie when he returns? I'd be fine with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom