BarrieJ3 absence (3 Viewers)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
@BarrieJ3 if anyone has heard from him or received chips from him in the last couple weeks please let me know. I'm not panicking I just know he was in charge of 2 large Outpost set splits involving me and several other people and it appears he also has classified ads that he was supposed to ship that have been delayed.

I'm not ignorant or unreasonable I realize shit happens but for a guy who literally posted every single day since September 3rd to not post for 4 days and not reply to PMs when those shipments were already delayed before he stopped responding is a little worrisome at best.

He's been checking the forums just not replying to PMs or posting.

September 3rd is when he last returned from a similar absence that lasted a little over a month where he left purchased orders unshipped. I know he's had good reviews and interactions so I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt just looking for some one who maybe has gotten a response or chips from him recently.

ummmmm according to USPS he received the second package over the weekend.

Actually, i asked him if he received everything in good condition but he never got back to me about that either.

I know he's been setting up a huge move, but he's always popped back up when he gets busy. I got faith in the man. Haha

I know he's been setting up a huge move, but he's always popped back up when he gets busy. I got faith in the man. Haha
I have hope that it's just temporary. However regardless of that it's not the best etiquette considering this is the second time it's happened and since posting this I've had multiple people message me about their own issues and concerns with previous transactions they've had.

The best advice I can throw out is people need to use the feedback feature. Issues like this if ultimately resolved don't require negative feedback however I feel they absolutely warrant a neutral feedback to notify others of potential issues. I know people don't wanna be that person who seems impatient or unreasonable but if a transaction is delayed for weeks without any communication that is not unreasonable.

We have to protect each other here. We take a lot risk and put a bunch of faith in complete strangers. The least we can do is pass on that information whether it's fully "negative" or just a friendly warning that potential communication issues and Shipping delays are a possibility.

I've made several transactions with Jeff, and they've all gone well. He bought some chips off of me recently, and I've been in contact with him within the last 10 days. I wouldn't worry too much; I'm confident he'll come through.

I have hope that it's just temporary. However regardless of that it's not the best etiquette considering this is the second time it's happened and since posting this I've had multiple people message me about their own issues and concerns with previous transactions they've had.

The best advice I can throw out is people need to use the feedback feature. Issues like this if ultimately resolved don't require negative feedback however I feel they absolutely warrant a neutral feedback to notify others of potential issues. I know people don't wanna be that person who seems impatient or unreasonable but if a transaction is delayed for weeks without any communication that is not unreasonable.

We have to protect each other here. We take a lot risk and put a bunch of faith in complete strangers. The least we can do is pass on that information whether it's fully "negative" or just a friendly warning that potential communication issues and Shipping delays are a possibility.
Nothing worse than no communication. I sell on eBay and respond to potential customers within minutes of a question. How hard would it be to say hey I'm busy I'll work on it so and so. Meanwhile weeks go by? No one is ever that busy they can't pack chips, print label on PayPal, and put in mailbox for USPS to pickup. I mean come the hell on.

I've made several transactions with Jeff, and they've all gone well. He bought some chips off of me recently, and I've been in contact with him within the last 10 days. I wouldn't worry too much; I'm confident he'll come through.
The last response I got from him was Thursday. This was in reply to multiple messages about an already late shipment he said "give me a min let me check"

Since this was Thursday I feel his minute is up.

The last response I got from him was Thursday. This was in reply to multiple messages about an already late shipment he said "give me a min let me check"

Since this was Thursday I feel his minute is up.
He was a little slow in shipping/communicating on a shipment to me, but I wasn't too worried. But yes, 3 or 4 days warrants a response, for sure. Still, I'll trust him till he gives me a reason not to.

People may be faced with ugly real- life situations.
I can imagine myself being late to ship if suddenly divorced or burying a parent (happily, both of them are dead anyway - may their souls rest in peace :D )
What's paramount is communication. Tell the other guy that you 're going through rough times.

He was a little slow in shipping/communicating on a shipment to me, but I wasn't too worried. But yes, 3 or 4 days warrants a response, for sure. Still, I'll trust him till he gives me a reason not to.
Yeah he's a good guy. I'm sure it's just life being life. I was in for the error fracs but have since sold them and they're to be shipped to a different member, so I just want to make sure he receives them.

People may be faced with ugly real- life situations.
I can imagine myself being late to ship if suddenly divorced or burying a parent (happily, both of them are dead anyway - may their souls rest in peace :D )
What's paramount is communication. Tell the other guy that you 're going through rough times.
Right.. again just say what's goin on. He checks the site so why not communicate?

Right.. again just say what's goin on. He checks the site so why not communicate?
That's my issue. People are giving very valid reasons for delays in Shipping. However I feel like they aren't very valid reasons for no communication. He volunteered to do the reshipping and split of these chips, he also voluntarily posted sale adds that he's delaying shipment of with no communication. That's not acceptable to me. I realize that some have had no issues with him, that's awesome. I'm not going to front those who have contacted me directly out but there's been several who have had issue. Not counting the nearly 2 month absence just a couple months ago where he left another buyer hanging. He made good eventually weeks later but don't you think that would warrant at best a neutral feedback for warning to others?

That's my issue. People are giving very valid reasons for delays in Shipping. However I feel like they aren't very valid reasons for no communication. He volunteered to do the reshipping and split of these chips, he also voluntarily posted sale adds that he's delaying shipment of with no communication. That's not acceptable to me. I realize that some have had no issues with him, that's awesome. I'm not going to front those who have contacted me directly out but there's been several who have had issue. Not counting the nearly 2 month absence just a couple months ago where he left another buyer hanging. He made good eventually weeks later but don't you think that would warrant at best a neutral feedback for warning to others?
I agree it warrants a neutral. Any "family" excuse can be thrown out the Window the second you login to check the classifieds. Let's think about this for a second: "sorry guys I'm going through a divorce and have not had time to tell you. Have you guys seen those PCAs for sale? Do you know where I can get a rack of 5s?"

Example #2 excuse. "Sorry guys my wife was in a car accident and I've been at the hospital for a month. When is the scrub donkey group buy starting? I have been mocking up dealer buttons and cut cards."

I mean get the hell out of here. It takes 25 seconds to send a pm.

I have no donkey in this race but personally I would give your back channel communications some time before the public trial/verdict and sentencing that these threads inevitably turn in to. If I was late on something, a thread like this would make me even less likely to want to come and offer an explanation as everyone already seems to have made up their mind.

For me, although I may be checking stuff on the phone and appear online, I rarely post from it. I got a PM from a fellow chipper on Friday night but didn't respond until today from my laptop because I didn't want to fat finger my reply.

I have no donkey in this race but personally I would give your back channel communications some time before the public trial/verdict and sentencing that these threads inevitably turn in to. If I was late on something, a thread like this would make me even less likely to want to come and offer an explanation as everyone already seems to have made up their mind.

For me, although I may be checking stuff on the phone and appear online, I rarely post from it. I got a PM from a fellow chipper on Friday night but didn't respond until today from my laptop because I didn't want to fat finger my reply.
So how long do you give someone before you start to question things? 1 week? 2 weeks? A month? I'm genuinely curious what the appropriate time frame is here. Or can it be shorter or longer depending on the value of the transaction?

There is a microphone on your phone, click it and talk. It makes the laptop seem cumbersome.

So how long do you give someone before you start to question things? 1 week? 2 weeks? A month? I'm genuinely curious what the appropriate time frame is here. Or can it be shorter or longer depending on the value of the transaction?
I'm not saying don't question but do it back channel - PM people you see have dealings with him in sales threads, even set up a group PM. Starting a thread makes this visible to all 5,278 members instead of the 4 or 5 who are actually involved.

Maybe I'm soft but I'd give it at least a week before getting worried. And if it all goes tits-up then by all means post a warning but not until you're sure.

I'm not saying don't question but do it back channel - PM people you see have dealings with him in sales threads, even set up a group PM. Starting a thread makes this visible to all 5,278 members instead of the 4 or 5 who are actually involved.

Maybe I'm soft but I'd give it at least a week before getting worried. And if it all goes tits-up then by all means post a warning but not until you're sure.
Ok well the chips I personally purchased in the split he's had in his possession for close to 2 weeks. I messaged people who were in my personal split, I messaged a few other people who had recently had transactions with him, all still waiting for their stuff. Then another individual posted in the classifieds that he was missing a shipment from a purchase that was made around the same time frame so I started to think maybe it was time to ask if anyone else had generally dealt with him recently, hence this thread.

So I did exactly as you asked, waited longer than your allotted 1 week. The communication slowed to a trickle then completely stopped although he had been logging on and checking the forums all weekend. I thought this might at least get him to respond since he obviously wasn't replying to PM's.

I'm not trying to flog the guy, just trying to figure out what is going on. I just would never treat people the way he's treated me or others involved in this or others waiting for classified purchases. Even if I had a family emergency, I'd feel an obligation if I sold something or agreed to do a split of a buy to do it in a timely manner. Obviously I'm not gonna skip a funeral or court appointment to do it, but I would for sure do it as soon as would be prudent and also at the very least be communicating with people.

I understand a regular a delay on a regular PM that has nothing to do with money or merchandise but to me anything involving peoples money or goods should be responded to ASAP.

I'd give someone a couple of days to respond, but that's it. More than a week and we have a problem.

On another note, I also would not and do not make judgments based off of a thread like this unless the person who is being discussed in said thread has posted to defend himself/herself. Or, if there is an extreme amount of time from the date of the first post and last post, and the creator of the thread is still concerned because he has not received his items.

Just my 2 cents.

I received a PCF topper from @BarrieJ3 just a few days ago, and he was kind enough to cover some extra shipping cost to get it mailed out to me quicker.
I've had a couple of transactions with @BarrieJ3 and they have all gone fantastic!
Yeah he's a good guy. I'm sure it's just life being life. I was in for the error fracs but have since sold them and they're to be shipped to a different member, so I just want to make sure he receives them.

Thanks for commenting guys, it gives me reassurance that eventually the chips will arrive!

A quick "Sorry, life busy, I'll get them sent by [insert date here]" from @BarrieJ3, would be all I need to feel communicated with. Silence can feel deafening, particularly from such a prolifically frequent poster. Does anyone know him personally and vouch that he is ok? There's a few situations when I have wanted to check that the guy on the other end of the transaction hadn't had a car accident etc and was incapacitated.

Thanks for commenting guys, it gives me reassurance that eventually the chips will arrive!

A quick "Sorry, life busy, I'll get them sent by [insert date here]" from @BarrieJ3, would be all I need to feel communicated with. Silence can feel deafening, particularly from such a prolifically frequent poster. Does anyone know him personally and vouch that he is ok? There's a few situations when I have wanted to check that the guy on the other end of the transaction hadn't had a car accident etc and was incapacitated.
It would make sense if he wasn't on pcf browsing.

Life happens. I know he's a straight up guy and has really shown he is here to help. I can't add anything to the situation, but I can say if I was in the same situation, I wouldn't be stressing at all. (Not saying you shouldn't, but using it as an example that I think he's Rock solid)

That might not help, but know I have faith in the man. He's been a great chipper in his short time here. Hopefully he pops up and it's a simple explanation.

Life happens. I know he's a straight up guy and has really shown he is here to help. I can't add anything to the situation, but I can say if I was in the same situation, I wouldn't be stressing at all. (Not saying you shouldn't, but using it as an example that I think he's Rock solid)

That might not help, but know I have faith in the man. He's been a great chipper in his short time here. Hopefully he pops up and it's a simple explanation.
Like I said. I'm not wanting a persecution, simply communication. I realize you've had good transactions with him but those are your personal experiences, which is precisely what I wanted to hear as well but personal experiences are hardly definitive especially when I have correspondence from others experiences as well as a very public prior issue and my own personal interactions.
Regarding the previous disappearance. After just over 6 weeks he resurfaced after not shipping items to a buyer. He did make it right by giving him his chips finally buy that is hardly a positive transaction. After 6 weeks even with proper exchange of items I would argue that should still have been a negative transaction.

You asked us for our personal experiences. We are giving you them. In mine, I literally said I wouldn't be stressed, but you gotta do what you gotta do (and explained that in my response)

So... Yeah... No clue why there is any need explaining to me. I get it, but if you ask us our experiences, be prepared for most people to say something positive.... The regulars around here have had great experiences with the regulars. @BarrieJ3 has personally sent me a set for nearly half price because he knew I would play it and hated they were in boxes....

I'm not even that nice....

But I'm sure he will pop up and make it even... It wouldn't make any sense if he didn't. I doubt this is a long con to get over on someone, it's more then likely a simple reason and bad communication... But I wouldn't be worried, percay.

People can jump in and tell you the good and jump in and point holes in the story all day. It's kinda a hobby around here (just mention "star group buy" in any forum here), but logic would dictate that a chipper, who has spent thousands, sold thousands, and has deals moving currently wouldn't attempt to ruin that over one deal (unless someone sent him 10 grand, then your on your own).

Odds are, it's a simple issue that will be fixed. And if I'm wrong, I'll buy ya the first round of beers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom