B.C. WILLS & CO. (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
General question about the feel and weight of chips produced by B.C. WILLS & CO.

Anybody have any experience or insights?

I've bought a bunch from @JWC so he might have better insight than me. However, they are definitely lighter than your standard Paulson weighing around 8 grams each.

I have a set from the 60s and they’re some of my favorites. If you have a chance to pick some up I highly recommend them. I can hardly tell a difference in most chips when it comes to weight.
CBD1DC65-37EE-4FF8-8FE2-F6091CD4480C.jpeg

General question about the feel and weight of chips produced by B.C. WILLS & CO.
Bear in mind that Wills sold chips made with two different molds, the small greek key and the large greek key. But they're both awesome.

I think that some of their chips may have been heavier that others; I seem to recall reading about B.C. Wills marketing some of their chips as "heavyweight" but I can't find the reference now, and I might be getting it mixed up with some TR King products.

If you're interested in Wills chips, here's a great article to read: http://ccgtcc-ccn.com/wills.pdf

Pretty sure Willis would change the formulation to make a heavier chip if you ordered it. And paid more. If it wasn’t them I know there was at least one manufacturer who did that.

It seems like they had a tri-heavy weight and standard on the large Greek key. So I believe that weight could vary.

These dimes are near mint and are the heaviest from my Dragonara Palace Malta set. The others all range from 8.5 to 9.0 grams each.

20220304_022616.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom