Any interest in an NCAA Lax Bracket? (2 Viewers)

I assume 1-16 corresponds to the ranking so Penn St 1, Duke 2, UVA 3.... and UMBC 16

1. Penn State(@kirchhausen)v16. UMBC +6.5(@Chippy McChiperson)
2. Duke(@Burke)v15. Richmond +4.5(@Highli99)
3. Viginia(@Nuhockey)v14. Robert Morris +5.5(@detroitdad)
4. Penn(@krafticus)v13. Army West Point +3(@longflop)
5. Yale(@WedgeRock)v12. Georgetown +2.5(@Marc Hedrick)
6. Towson +2(Charity)v11. Maryland(@Perthmike)
7. Notre Dame(@MoeTremper's brother)v9. John Hopkins +1.5(@CraigT78)
8. Loyola Maryland +1(@Forty4)v10. Syracuse (@MoeTremper

Note: I messed up the order of the teams (flip-flopped Syracuse and John Hopkins) but I assigned the teams to the random list in or order shown. The number is your team number, not your seed (for everyone but Syracuse and John Hopkins, it's also your seed).

Will add this to the OP too. Does everyone get what happens if the underdog team loses the game but with points wins? You advance and take the favorite that didn't cover the spread.

Last edited:
Just for clarification

I have Loyola who is the underdog but if they lose by 1 goal I don’t get Syracuse.

Just for clarification

I have Loyola who is the underdog but if they lose by 1 goal I don’t get Syracuse.
Loyola is the favorite. If they lose, you're out. But if they win by 1, how would we handle the push? BRAAAAIIIN PAAAAIIIN!!!!

Loyola is the favorite. If they lose, you're out. But if they win by 1, how would we handle the push? BRAAAAIIIN PAAAAIIIN!!!!
Not according to this post

This will be our line source.

I don't know how often they update linea, but I will post lines in this thread the morning of games. That is what we will use.

This came from their Twitter feed and will be the lines for the first round (if we go this weekend):

View attachment 285927

Yeah, I hope those even number spreads don't screw things up. I should have looked closer and made sure all spreads were .5's but I didn't notice it until after randomizing the list, so I'm not gonna change it to someone's detriment now.

If two teams tie with a spread in the first round, I will advance both players (and you'll chop any prize). Next round, I'll make sure spreads are .5's (through random.org) so we don't end up with a 6- or 8-way chop...

Yeah, I hope those even number spreads don't screw things up. I should have looked closer and made sure all spreads were .5's but I didn't notice it until after randomizing the list, so I'm not gonna change it to someone's detriment now.

If two teams tie with a spread in the first round, I will advance both players (and you'll chop any prize). Next round, I'll make sure spreads are .5's (through random.org) so we don't end up with a 6- or 8-way chop...
Or we bump them by .5

The game won’t end in a tie so the whole number is pointless

Edit: I’m focused on my spread of 1 and therefore pointless in this factor but insure’s I cant win the better team

1. Penn State(@kirchhausen)v16. UMBC +6.5(@Chippy McChiperson)
2. Duke(@Burke)v15. Richmond +4.5(@Highli99)
3. Viginia(@Nuhockey)v14. Robert Morris +5.5(@detroitdad)
4. Penn(@krafticus)v13. Army West Point +3(@longflop)
5. Yale(@WedgeRock)v12. Georgetown +2.5(@Marc Hedrick)
6. Towson +2(Charity)v11. Maryland(@Perthmike)
7. Notre Dame(@MoeTremper's brother)v9. John Hopkins +1.5(@CraigT78)
8. Loyola Maryland +1(@Forty4)v10. Syracuse(@MoeTremper

Note: I messed up the order of the teams (flip-flopped Syracuse and John Hopkins) but I assigned the teams to the random list in or order shown. The number is your team number, not your seed (for everyone but Syracuse and John Hopkins, it's also your seed).

Will add this to the OP too. Does everyone get what happens if the underdog team loses the game but with points wins? You advance and take the favorite that didn't cover the spread.
I'm so torn. in a vacuum, I would absolutely love UMBC to win ( I grew up 15 minutes from campus). I'm ambivilant about winning this bracket, but I absolutely do not in any circumstance want my brother to win. I only wish him pain.

Just for clarification

You have Loyola +1 against Syracuse, so as was mentioned, your spread is the same as E. Whoever wins that game advances. If Syracuse wins by 1, you two chop the next round. Otherwise, the winner advances.

But, I have Yale, who plays @Marc Hedrick's Georgetown, getting +2.5. if Yale wins the game 9-7, Yale advances in the tournament, but with the +2.5, Georgetown wins, so @Marc Hedrick advances and takes Yale in the next round.

Last edited:
And Duke?!?

You really aren’t supposed to Lump Duke and Maryland in the same sentence with being Happy with any of them winning.
Right. I'm a mutt. My mother (and her whole side of the family) grew up in NC and went to Duke. I went to Duke soccer & basketball camp as a kid. My Dad went to Maryland, and I grew up there.

I understand how it seems weird to most people but it is what it is.

So to be clear - I am rooting for John Hopkins to win, or lose by only 1 to Notre Dame?

Predictions:

- Penn State -6.5
- Duke -4.5
- Virginia -5.5
- Army +3
- Yale -2.5
- Maryland -2
- John Hopkins -1.5
- Syracuse -1

Loyola v Syracuse will be the most fun game of the first round. I'm also excited for Penn v Army and Towson v Maryland. I think JHU has the best line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom