Any interest in an NCAA Lax Bracket? (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Opening Round is Saturday (after the playin) game.

Anyone interested, for fun or for money?

Screenshot_20190508-212802.jpg

===================================
Edit:

$20 entry fee. Prize pool 70/30 to the final two teams. If charity wins money, well do a poll to decide who to donate to. Payments due after the tournament.

First round matchups:
1. Penn State (@kirchhausen) v 16. UMBC +6.5 (@Chippy McChiperson)
2. Duke (@Burke) v 15. Richmond +4.5 (@Highli99)
3. Viginia (@Nuhockey) v 14. Robert Morris +5.5 (@detroitdad)
4. Penn (@krafticus) v 13. Army West Point +3 (@longflop)
5. Yale (@WedgeRock) v 12. Georgetown +2.5 (@Marc Hedrick)
6. Towson +2 (Charity) v 11. Maryland (@Perthmike)
7. Notre Dame (@MoeTremper's brother) v 9. John Hopkins +1.5 (@CraigT78)
8. Loyola Maryland +1 (@Forty4) v 10. Syracuse (@MoeTremper

Note: I messed up the order of the teams (flip-flopped Syracuse and John Hopkins) but I assigned the teams to the random list in or order shown. The number is your team number, not your seed (for everyone but Syracuse and John Hopkins, it's also your seed).

If the favorite wins the game but doesn't cover the spread, the player with the underdog (that won with the spread) will advance, adopting the favorite new for the next round.

===================================
Edit 2:
Saturday quarterfinals:
Maryland (charity) +1½ v Virginia (@Nuhockey)
Duke (@Highli99) v Notre Dame +1½ (@MoeTremper 's brother)

Sunday quarterfinals
Loyla +3½ (@Forty4) v Penn State (@kirchhausen)
Penn (@krafticus) v Yale +1½ (@WedgeRock)

Last edited:
When did the NCAA add Lacrosse? Next thing you know, it’ll be added to the Olympic Games. On its way to being thought of as almost a real sport! Good for them!

An abomination of lacrosse has been proposed to the IOC.

In for the challenge though!

What about a capture pool? We draw teams and then each matchup is based on the spread. If favorite covers the spread that person advances. If underdog wins that person advances. If underdog covers than it “captures” the winning team and advances.

Pay top 2 with 70/30 spit on money.

I’d be in for that. The spread makes it a total crap shoot and everybody will be rooting for one team. We could also each get 2 or 4 teams if interest is low.

Thoughts?

@longflop

What about a capture pool? We draw teams and then each matchup is based on the spread. If favorite covers the spread that person advances. If underdog wins that person advances. If underdog covers than it “captures” the winning team and advances.

Pay top 2 with 70/30 spit on money.

I’d be in for that. The spread makes it a total crap shoot and everybody will be rooting for one team. We could also each get 2 or 4 teams if interest is low.

Thoughts?

@longflop
I'd be I'm for that too, but we need 16 players to make that work... We're at what... 4?

What happens when I have the underdog and they lose the game but cover? Who do I have in the next round?

For example, I have Richmond and let's say they are +3 in the Duke game.

Duke wins the game by 2, but with the spread, Richmond covers. Since Richmond won't be playing in the next round, do I take Duke in Round 2?

I'd be I'm for that too, but we need 16 players to make that work... We're at what... 4?

What happens when I have the underdog and they lose the game but cover? Who do I have in the next round?

For example, I have Richmond and let's say they are +3 in the Duke game.

Duke wins the game by 2, but with the spread, Richmond covers. Since Richmond won't be playing in the next round, do I take Duke in Round 2?

Exactly, in that scenario you would capture Duke and take them to the next round. Pushes go to the favorite.

If we only get 4 then each of us could get 4 teams.

I'm down with @Highli99's suggestion. We'd need at least 8 players (and could start next weekend), but if we get 16, we can start Saturday.

Me (I'll sit out if there are 9 or 17 players) - in for $20
@Burke - in for $20
@CraigT78 - in for $20
@detroitdad - in for $20
@krafticus - in for $20
@Nuhockey
@MoeTremper - in for $20
@Highli99 - in for $20

That's 8. $20 each?

Who posts odds for college lacrosse? I checked Vegas Insider, my go to, and there is nothing there. We'd need to agree on an odds source, as I imagine there would be some variation.

Last edited:
I'm down with @Highli99's suggestion. We'd need at least 8 players (and could start next weekend), but if we get 16, we can start Saturday.

Me (I'll sit out if there are 9 or 17 players)
@Burke
@CraigT78
@detroitdad
@krafticus
@Nuhockey

That's 6. $20 each?

Who posts odds for college lacrosse? I checked Vegas Insider, my go to, and there is nothing there. We'd need to agree on an odds source, as I imagine there would be some variation.

I’d be in. Yes, agreeing on odds source is important. I’ve never looked for lax spreads before but somebody has to post them. I’ll google.

That's 8 confirmed (and all but @Nuhockey confirmed in for $20).

If we get 8 more entried by Friday at 6pm, ET, then we'll run this Saturday with First Round games. I'll random pick teams and confirm odds source.

If we don't get 8 more, we'll start next weekend with the Quarterfinals.

Prize pool 70/30 to the final two teams.

Last edited:
Do we need spreads? Should this be like the March Madness B-ball just straight up winners?

Lax Vegas Lines Twitter has published odds.

This will be our line source.

I don't know how often they update linea, but I will post lines in this thread the morning of games. That is what we will use.

This came from their Twitter feed and will be the lines for the first round (if we go this weekend):

D6IXInrWwAEjeHC.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom