Any Go Players out There? (1 Viewer)

Ghoti

Flush
Reaction score
Just wathed AlphaGo on Netflix after my brother recommended it and it looks like a really cool game. How do you poker players enjoy it? What would be some good resources to improve my game quickly? I tried chess later in life, shortly before I turned thirty, and could never really get into it.

I learned how to play Go back in high school. Played almost every day during lunch for two years. (Yeah, I was, and still am, a nerd). Tried to teach some buddies in college how to play, but it never stuck. Taught my son how to play years later, but he preferred chess and/or video games. Oh well. So I basically have not played a game against someone who knew how to play since I graduated high school in '87. Yikes, I'm old. Anyway, it's a really cool game, simple rules, but strategic as hell.

Played Go for awhile, but like Chess, a bit too slow-moving for my liking. I found Pente to be an enjoyable (and profitable) pastime.

That was my main problem with chess: too slow. Go seemed to be a bit faster? Maybe I was mistaken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom