Advice/criticism are much appreciated. (1 Viewer)

See attached.

Thank You Guys for your feedbacks!

Fwiw I actually liked this 1st complete line up, except you'd have to change color spots of either the 500 or the yellow 1000 as they were using the same colors.
I don't think you need to worry about spot progression, just what looks good.
That 1st lineup was your own, so you must like it. And that's what matters.
There was nothing ugly about it, just the matching spots I mentionned.

Fwiw I actually liked this 1st complete line up, except you'd have to change color spots of either the 500 or the yellow 1000 as they were using the same colors.
I don't think you need to worry about spot progression, just what looks good.
That 1st lineup was your own, so you must like it. And that's what matters.
There was nothing ugly about it, just the matching spots I mentionned.
Did you just tell him to ignore everybody's advice except yours?

tenor.gif

Did you just tell him to ignore everybody's advice except yours?

These are all good advice. I did not know that putting together a chipset takes a lot of thinking/trial&error.

I know that people have different taste and all of these are good feedbacks.

I really appreciate that I found this forum.

I have put together 2 sets that I will be sharing shortly for a poll (if I can figure out how to do it here :LOL: :laugh: )

Thanks Again To Everyone!

I just played in a tournament where we had a level the players could not post because there were no T1000 in play.
Sounds like the T500s were colored up prematurely, or the blind structure was constructed poorly. Not a fault of the T2000 chip; blame the TD and/or the structure designer.

It increases the demand for more T500 chips, which makes the set more expensive.
It does elevate the importance of the T500 chip (but merely to that of the other chips, rather than being a shunned bastard step-child), but it does ~not~ make sets more expensive. Fewer T2000 chips are required than T1000s, and fewer T10K chips are needed in a 500/2000/10000 set than the total of T5000/T25000 chips needed in a 500/1000/5000 set. For large sets (stacks > 20K and 20+ players), using a T2000 makes the set less expensive to compile, not more expensive. For smaller sets, the T2000 is less efficient than the 'standard' 500/1000 progression. Designed properly, both have their rightful place in the world.

leads to errors in betting, as people are used to T1000, not T2000.
This can be minimized by the tournament chips having clearly readable denominations, and using a color for the T2000 chips that is not commonly associated with 1000 denomination chips (i.e., something other than yellow or orange).

T5000 Pink or Orange
A very common T5000 color is gray, followed by pink. Very few are orange, which is a common T1000 color (yellow is more commonly used for cash $1000s). There is no standard or requirement -- far from it -- that the T5000 chip belong to the red spectrum family. In fact, many T25000 chips are red, so making the T5000 also reddish makes little sense in that regard.

I did not know that putting together a chipset takes a lot of thinking/trial&error.
It is the second step of ensuring that your big-dollar chip investment returns the long-term happiness you desire. First step is getting color samples and mold samples, since determining your preferences from only pictures is a guarantee of disappointment.

Also, I prefer the Orange T5000 over the T1000. T5Xs belong in the red spectrum. T5 Red, T500 Red+Blue (Purple) T5000 Pink or Orange (both derivatives of Red).

Your chips, your choice, but food for thought.
A very common T5000 color is gray, followed by pink. Very few are orange, which is a common T1000 color (yellow is more commonly used for cash $1000s). There is no standard or requirement -- far from it -- that the T5000 chip belong to the red spectrum family. In fact, many T25000 chips are red, so making the T5000 also reddish makes little sense in that regard.

It is the second step of ensuring that your big-dollar chip investment returns the long-term happiness you desire. First step is getting color samples and mold samples, since determining your preferences from only pictures is a guarantee of disappointment.

Echoing what is stated earlier, pokertourney.com also shows that they are interchangeable. see attached

I should not have use both.

Edit: I will try Pink.
Capture+_2018-04-08-12-08-59.png

Last edited:
Based on previous feedbacks:
* Spot progressions
* Spot colors (redundancy) I added yellow on $5 so I can see if red can co-exist with blue
* Base Color and Denom

This is what I came up. Ibput the Orange and Pink next to each other...
3bbd7cbb-cc76-4696-94d2-2a3bfb419f70.png

It is a potential to still have T500 on the table when the T5000 start coming out (depends on starting stack, eliminations, etc.). Would you rather see the orange or the pink with the T500 and T1000?

It is a potential to still have T500 on the table when the T5000 start coming out (depends on starting stack, eliminations, etc.). Would you rather see the orange or the pink with the T500 and T1000?

Considering that scenario. My preferrence is Orange. Wifey's favorite color (she doesn't play) is also Orange. 60/40 leaning towards orange. Fyi, I don't host tourneys but would like to have a set that is flexible enough if ever the need arise.

Thank you for these insights. I would have not thought about these things. The more I read this thread, the more I appreciate custom chips.

(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom