Toms Poker Club CPC Cash Game Set (5 Viewers)

@cpac54 @allforcharity H.O.S.E.R. needs to happen! My group has warmed up to razz, so eight or better should be the next move...

@maxim_666666 I don't wear or felt top hat and cane :) I guess I'm a bit of a 'theme nazi' when it comes to customs, and I wanted something generic for my home game theme.

Hi Thomas ... Sorry for being late with my comment, but finally I found some time...

First of all, I am pretty sure, that your basement will become an exceptional mencave :tup: I can’t imagine how much stuff will fit into this tiny room…. Poker table, lots of chip Pron cabinets pool table :cool and of course a lot of your Les Pauls :love:

Even that I personally prefer brighter colors, I am also a very big fan of the more retro Classic vibes with colors that supports the vintage touch... I used some of them in my ASM Tournament set and I am a still a big fan of the "red" color as base as I used it in my frac that is shown in my avatar.

I ain't sure if it would be better to use the normal white instead of bright white in your lineup : yes, white is a pretty dull color, but bright white would imho pop very much compared to the darker colors of the other denoms... In my eyes white would fit the overall theme better. I made an add on order 15 years ago where I chosed a white chip as 25.000 - At first I was a bit confused when I saw it in real but in the end I am quit happy with the result because it fits great into the set ... A bright white chip, as awesome as it is, may have looked a bit misplaced within my set...

I wouldn’t recommend a strong white as an inlay background also - but I could think of some sort of used whasehd out white/grey instead… on the other hand, black or a dark greay inlay is always an awesome choice because it gives a better contrast to the base and edgespot colors.

As someone else said already: I would recommend to use different spots for the higher denoms instead of using the V multiple times.

Can’t wait to see your final color and spot choices and of course I love to see your inlay theme once it’s ready ! Good luck !!!

PXL_20221008_103112450.PORTRAIT~2.jpeg

Hi Thomas ... Sorry for being late with my comment, but finally I found some time...

First of all, I am pretty sure, that your basement will become an exceptional mencave :tup: I can’t imagine how much stuff will fit into this tiny room…. Poker table, lots of chip Pron cabinets pool table :cool and of course a lot of your Les Pauls :love:

Even that I personally prefer brighter colors, I am also a very big fan of the more retro Classic vibes with colors that supports the vintage touch... I used some of them in my ASM Tournament set and I am a still a big fan of the "red" color as base as I used it in my frac that is shown in my avatar.

I ain't sure if it would be better to use the normal white instead of bright white in your lineup : yes, white is a pretty dull color, but bright white would imho pop very much compared to the darker colors of the other denoms... In my eyes white would fit the overall theme better. I made an add on order 15 years ago where I chosed a white chip as 25.000 - At first I was a bit confused when I saw it in real but in the end I am quit happy with the result because it fits great into the set ... A bright white chip, as awesome as it is, may have looked a bit misplaced within my set...

I wouldn’t recommend a strong white as an inlay background also - but I could think of some sort of used whasehd out white/grey instead… on the other hand, black or a dark greay inlay is always an awesome choice because it gives a better contrast to the base and edgespot colors.

As someone else said already: I would recommend to use different spots for the higher denoms instead of using the V multiple times.

Can’t wait to see your final color and spot choices and of course I love to see your inlay theme once it’s ready ! Good luck !!!

View attachment 1229840
Hey Dieter, thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate it.

There are actually no plans for a pool table, just poker tables. However, the room should be sufficient for smaller tournaments and of course cash games (grand opening possibly September 2024, invitations will go out in time)

Planning a CPC set is more difficult than I initially thought. The (temporary) choice of the small crown mold probably led me to the V design. For the $25 I still think it's good, maybe I'll change the $100 which won't be in play anyway unless my brother wants to buy in massively.:bigbucks:

Maybe I'll use brighter colors after all, I'm still unsure, also about the spot design.
The final decision will largely depend on the inlay design. Let's see what comes out.

Your D&A set is great, I just looked at it again
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ith-photos-of-over-200-sets.13031/post-218106
thanks to @jbutler for opening this thread.

Looking forward to a tournament with this set!

Your D&A set is great, I just looked at it again
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ith-photos-of-over-200-sets.13031/post-218106
thanks to @jbutler for opening this thread.
Thx Thomas... @OfficerLovejoy did an awesome write up of the first time where these chips got felted at a pcf homegame meetup... And you are right: its too long since I hosted a Tournament at home. I am looking out for doing this in early 2024

Post in thread 'Official Home Game Pics Thread!' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/official-home-game-pics-thread.4135/post-2138850

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom