12-Tournament Sweat Thread June 2021 (5 Viewers)

Good news is we made 2nd break on only 1 bullet

Bad news is we've just been bleeding chips slowly. Lots of big stacks (60-100k) at my table

We led a QT9 flop holding QJTx and had to fold to a raise by a solid player who had 4 people in the pot with him

We are back down to 25k. Not in danger zone, but lost some from when we were close to 50k

Will update after break on final field size and payouts, will be over 100 players

Not sure if you guys saw, but this tourney also introduced a BB ante just like in NLHE, which no one seems to like (inc the dealers), but ensures the game will end quicker (i.e. good for the house)

The BB ante is NOT factored in when raising preflop, but is post-flop

Screenshot_20210614-163126_Drive.jpg

these are WPT events now - we are done with the tumblers i assume. definitely still need a clown photo if he wins though.

UTG chipleader limps for 2500, CO limps, we limp button with :th::9c::7s::7h:

Blinds limp

Flop :js::6h::td:

Checked to me, I bet 6k, he calls. I figure he might have a KQ type hand, I'm hoping for an 8 on the turn

Turn :8c:

Bingo bango bongo Vince!

He checks, we bet 15k. He checkraises to 35k. We rip, he snaps

I announce I have the nuts and he says "me too, do you have any redraws?" and I say no

Then we flip our hands and he has

:qc::9h::6s::5h:

Someone speaks up and says "you don't have the nuts" and that's when I realize I've been wamboozled with the worst turn card, leaving me drawing to a Q for a chop

It doesn't come and he has me covered. I'm out in 20th of 107, nine spots from a cash. Absolutely devastated.

I was so focused on hitting the card to make my hand, and he was outplaying people in pots I figured he was running a bluff into my nuts and missed the Q9 possibility :(

I had just gotten a solid stack together and thought for sure I was doubling through this kid

20210614_173552.jpg

UTG chipleader limps for 2500, CO limps, we limp button with :th::9c::7s::7h:

Blinds limp

Flop :js::6h::td:

Checked to me, I bet 6k, he calls. I figure he might have a KQ type hand, I'm hoping for an 8 on the turn

Turn :8c:

Bingo bango bongo Vince!

He checks, we bet 15k. He checkraises to 35k. We rip, he snaps

I announce I have the nuts and he says "me too, do you have any redraws?" and I say no

Then we flip our hands and he has

:qc::9h::6s::5h:

Someone speaks up and says "you don't have the nuts" and that's when I realize I've been wamboozled with the worst turn card, leaving me drawing to a Q for a chop

It doesn't come and he has me covered. I'm out in 20th of 107, nine spots from a cash. Absolutely devastated.

I was so focused on hitting the card to make my hand, and he was outplaying people in pots I figured he was running a bluff into my nuts and missed the Q9 possibility :(

I had just gotten a solid stack together and thought for sure I was doubling through this kid

View attachment 719381

the ignorant end of the straight rears its ugly head :eek:

gg

Was this the look on your face:
View attachment 719417

Sorry couldn't resist....... get 'em next time!

It really was. My heart absolutely sank when I realized I had just blown a 90k'ish stack after struggling late in the tourney with a shorter stack

This kid had been playing back at people a lot if he sensed weakness

On the flop it was checked to me on the button multiway, so took a 6k stab at it and he called

In my head I'm begging for an 8 and hit it. When he checks to me I specifically bet 15k hoping he would sense weakness and try to bully me off the hand

When it worked I was ecstactic, thinking "I finally got this fucker!" and was convinced I had just made a well-disguised nuts he wouldn't put me on

When he snap-called I was expecting him to maybe have a pair, two pair or set PLUS straight draw

I was absolutely crushed when I saw I had missed the Q9 possibility

This was the closest I've gotten in the WPT series, I was finally going to get a stack and make a real run at it and make my backers proud (and a profit)

I'll recover, but this one hurt a lot

Still got the O.E. tmrw, the satellite to the main thursday and a 50k gtd next week

It’s okay to be disappointed. We’ve all been there. I know it feels worse to misread a hand more than having a bad runout, but it happens even to the best. Tomorrow is another day!

Here's the final table of the PLO event, and the arrow denotes the sum'bitch who took my chips. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his bedsheets!

final_table.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom