12-Tournament Sweat Thread June 2021 (1 Viewer)

Lol, shorty all-in playing stud8

I have an obvious low but have been checking it down with the other guy

His board is AKQ5 and on 7th street I check and now he fires 6k

I have 255678T and my 2 is showing, the all-in player has a 3 showing

But if I call I'm essentially all-in, and don't think he's betting a dry side pot with nothing

I fold, then he says "oh, I misread my hand, I hope AK-high is good, I thought I had a flush"

The all-in player triples up with a pair of 3's, neither player has a low, lol

We make our stand UTG with 7632 and get two callers

We flop 467 but only win the low half as one guy has 53

Stay alive and bleed 3k then 1.5k in the blinds as we have to fold to raises (we hold 9722, etc)

Down to 6k so need some run good. Playing O8 so at least we have the button

Lol, shorty all-in playing stud8

I have an obvious low but have been checking it down with the other guy

His board is AKQ5 and on 7th street I check and now he fires 6k

I have 255678T and my 2 is showing, the all-in player has a 3 showing

But if I call I'm essentially all-in, and don't think he's betting a dry side pot with nothing

I fold, then he says "oh, I misread my hand, I hope AK-high is good, I thought I had a flush"

The all-in player triples up with a pair of 3's, neither player has a low, lol
WTF IS THIS. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DOMINATING THEM!

We made the next break with a paltry 6k in chips

Avg is 60k

About to play Stud 8

Antes 1k
Bring-in 1k
Completion 4k
Betting Limits 4-8k

Even an average stack has no wiggle room

But with the antes and blinds so high, we just need a few pots to stack up

Can NO ONE in Tampa read their hand?!?!
How I imagine FL poker rooms:

1623803479901.jpeg

If you have skipped reading the first 18 pages, let me recap.

Anthony is playing great.
90% of the field is droolers, that think they are doing great.
Anthony gets eliminated when there is a little more than 15% in the field.

Maybe somebody needs to get Anthony a dribble bib.

:mad:

Just kidding of course. Anthony is a far superior player than I am. I am 0-2 in Vegas tournaments this year, and I thought he would be my best bet to poker profit.

If you have skipped reading the first 18 pages, let me recap.

Anthony is playing great.
90% of the field is droolers, that think they are doing great.
Anthony gets eliminated when there is a little more than 15% in the field.

Maybe somebody needs to get Anthony a dribble bib.

:mad:

Just kidding of course. Anthony is a far superior player than I am. I am 0-2 in Vegas tournaments this year, and I thought he would be my best bet to poker profit.

We still have the satellite to the Main that I'm throwing in on my dime, plus the 50k gtd tourney coming up

Not down and out yet!

Here are my placements so far in events. I've been happy with my play except for that late PLO fuckup in the WPT event where we had a legit shot to make a nice score

Memorial Day 70 of 212

PLO/PLO8 - 9 of 60

PLO/PLO5 - power outage chop

Mixed triple draw 7 of 30

Championship 19 of 30

PLO - 3 of 28

O8 - busted didn't re-enter

Milly gtd - 150 of 702

Freezeout 138 of 250

PLO - 20 of 107

O.E. 20 of 107

How many hands did they play?

Final table update in the blog was 10:50pm

Winner announced in a post at 12:55am

These are split-pot games so guys could be just hanging on for a bit. Although the antes in Stud will destroy you (or keep you alive) given how draining they were

I agree that the final table chip distribution is less than ideal, but that's not necessarily a result of a bad structure...

Having played the O8 and O.E. events with the same structures, I felt it was terrible having finally experienced it

Some friends played the HORSE event today and felt the same. The 12k stack is far too shallow, or the level lengths need to be bumped up

I gave my pros and cons feedback to their overall director of poker across all properties this morning

Back tmrw to try and win a main event seat (40k stacks with hour-long lvls if I get in) to give you all another sweat on top of next weeks 50k gtd

Having played the O8 and O.E. events with the same structures, I felt it was terrible having finally experienced it

Some friends played the HORSE event today and felt the same. The 12k stack is far too shallow, or the level lengths need to be bumped up

I gave my pros and cons feedback to their overall director of poker across all properties this morning

Back tmrw to try and win a main event seat (40k stacks with hour-long lvls if I get in) to give you all another sweat on top of next weeks 50k gtd
Last poker game I played at Cactus Pete's was a 80 dollar buyin, you started with 10k in chips, and rebuys went until a rebuy gave you 5BB....

It was laughable....

Then they closed the poker room forever.

Here are the structures for the satellite, main event and 50k gtd

With any luck we won't be playing the 50k because we'll still be in the Main Event

If I do play the 50k I intend to increase my aggression factor early since the buyin is only $300. And will be willing to fire more than 2 bullets at that one to try and finish off this package with a nice score

Screenshot_20210616-182844_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-182915_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-182950_Drive.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom