12-Tournament Sweat Thread June 2021 (6 Viewers)

Idiot called my raise from the bb with 8663 and called all the way to the river on a board of

A4JK5

premiums only lol

We have 7300 after first break. Just been a slow bleed, not getting many hands to play and guys with 8663 calling raises and chasing to the river for half the pot lol

Finally scooped a pot, up over starting stack

20210615_135158.jpg

We picked off a fish trying to bluff on a board of

:7s::8h::qd::tc::kd:

We had checked pre four-handed from the BB with :ah::ac::6s::2c:

We called the SB's bet. On the turn we checked to the fish who bet, we didn't buy it and called, other 2 players folded

We checked the river, he bet. We asked him "if I show will you fold?" and I picked up a tell he was uncomfortable

I make the call, he flips over :ts::9d::9c::7d: for just one pair of nines and we win a nice pot

20210615_145341.jpg

Last edited:
We picked off a fish trying to bluff on a board of

:7s::8h::qd::tc::kd:

We had checked pre four-handed from the BB with :ah::ac::6s::2c:

We called the SB's bet. On the turn we checked to the fish who bet, we didn't buy it and called, other 2 players folded

We checked the river, he bet. We asked him "if I show will you fold?" and I picked up a tell he was uncomfortable

I make the call, he flips over :ts::9d::9c::7d: for just one pair of nines and we win a nice pot

View attachment 720047
Wouldn't he have won with two pair?

I was just looking at some rake structures in prep for an upcoming event up here at Maryland Live. Where does the rake get to be too much to play? Their daily tourneys are around 30%, which to me seems absurd.

I was just looking at some rake structures in prep for an upcoming event up here at Maryland Live. Where does the rake get to be too much to play? Their daily tourneys are around 30%, which to me seems absurd.
Correction: 20%....I did the math wrong.

Looking at a Big O limit tourney...$160 buy in, $50 bounty, $15 to house, $14 to staffing, then another $2 to jackpot? Why would they drop jackpot out of a limit big O tournament?

Avg here is 12-20% depending on the event. 30% is nuts

Guy with :kh::qs::qc::3d: calls bets all the way to the river on this board

:3h::4h::5h::4d:......:qd:

Someone asked him what he had before the river Queen and he said he had the flush and low draw, and he believed it!

He was in the pot with 2 other guys lol. Can't make this shit up!

We raise A259 UTG+1

SB and BB defend

Flop 34J rainbow. Checks to us, we bet, big stack in SB checkraises, BB all-in for less, I call

Turn 4, he bets, we call

River Ace

He bets, we're all-in for a bit more

He has A259 also, BB has 235X and we all chop lol, wtf!?!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom