Auction 1,900+ Paulson Horseshoe Gardena Chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of see his point. If this was a sales thread, then maybe only sell to whomever you want. An auction thread feels different imo.
Auction is different than a Sale thread for a lot of things, you're right, obviously..

But it looks like that the non selling to a specified member can apply in both sale or auction thread, as long as the seller mentions it clearly.

If I'm on the black list of Mr X and he says it clearly, why would I keep on bidding?

My bad if I was doing this, I may have misunderstood what that meant (honestly). I thought that was specifically related to disparaging what was for sale, which I hope I wasn't doing (in fact most of this was in puzzlement of why a seller would not want to make money or accept a sale/bid from particular people). So I do apologize if I was involved.

That being said, I hope you @CraigT78 also ask that the trashing of another Auction thread in the Original Post is removed. That person did attempt to follow all the rules, obtain information, and post an auction accordingly (which if I recall, people would probably rather see these sold here than eBay, other forums, etc.). Is there a better example of thread crapping than to post a competing set for auction while talking poorly of the other auction?

"Paulson Horseshoe Gardena chips with an actual playable breakdown!"
"But you're bidding in the other Gardena sale -- the one with multiple racks of essentially useless $50s, etc."
IDGAF what thread it is in - if you aren't interested - move along. You want to talk trash on another member - create your own thread in OFF TOPIC or put up our own sale thread and say what you will. Is this everyone's first day here? If this was a thread crapping on boat chips, BTP chips, or flippers - it's be insta-cleaned.

I wonder if a condition of an auction can be that bidder must have minimum post counts or some sort of way to verify trustworthiness.

Oh... and While I was typing that it just crossed my mind that if anything unites the people of this forum, it’s the game of poker... which... historically... haha.. are some pretty low down dirty card sharping grifters... always trying to get one over on you.

Hello PCF! Y’all are some poker players for sure :)

@Changster show them all. I call rabbit.

IDGAF what thread it is in - if you aren't interested - move along. You want to talk trash on another member - create your own thread in OFF TOPIC or put up our own sale thread and say what you will. Is this everyone's first day here? If this was a thread crapping on boat chips, BTP chips, or flippers - it's be insta-cleaned.
I don't know if you did, and please understand my tone to be friendly, but it might help to read all the posts. THIS thread was crapping on another specific sale from the get go. I have nothing against OP or anyone else so no need to start my own thread.

And I am interested. But based on being a newer chipper that's purchased a bit recently and spent what I could consider to be a pretty large amount, I seem to meet the criteria of Pltr's black list (buy lots of chips, lack of Pron that he himself hasn't specifically seen, new to the site), so I'm waiting to see who is and isn't allowed to bid on these.

If someone is blocked and or blacklisted, does their bid count?

Say we have two bidders going at it but one is unknowingly blocked and they run up the price to a bidder that is in good standing... hmm.

I'm not even sure what I am trying to get at really... Probably need to see myself right out of this thread and play it safe.

I think that Larry was somehow just pissed that the kid is selling Grandpa's chips.

Turning older and grumpier myself, each year that passes, I can perfectly understand and share the OP's feelings.
In his shoes, though, I would have made this a "for-sale" thread, openly disclaiming to only sell to whomever I personally like, right from the start.
I would have demanded from each contender to post an 120-word essay making the point why they shoud get those chips for a given reasonable price.
I personally don't care about the outcome of this, since I already possess many more chips than Jesus entitled each one of us to have, :)

There has been a proverbial sh*tshow on here recently regarding people bidding on auctions and then backing out, and the confusion/issues that causes. I obviously don’t speak for Tommy, but if someone was allowed to have an identical impact by invalidating bids wildly nilly, that would be f’ed up...
not only retracting from bids but even retracting from a agreement of a deal

You edited your post which made the bid invalid.
I was just editing a comment cause I didnt wanna be a part of the “discussion” but whatever

It says “bid edits” and I didnt edit the bid. Does editing a comment mean the bid is included in that? Such as this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ovo
Status
Not open for further replies.