Auction 1,900+ Paulson Horseshoe Gardena Chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just editing a comment cause I didnt wanna be a part of the “discussion” but whatever

It says “bid edits” and I didnt edit the bid. Does editing a comment mean the bid is included in that? Such as this.
Yes, it means the whole post if it includes a bid. See the reason below:

Any edited comment is automatically disqualified since the OP can't check what the original comment was.

BTW you can still bid 4,100 in a new comment and not edit it and it would still be a valid bid...

On second thought...

Hi can you kindly let us know:
1) The actual quantity of each denom being auctioned
2) Condition of the chips across each denom
3) How many are shaped inlays vs non shaped inlays within each denom
4) What the actual cost of the 100’s would be to the winner.
5) Can you also take some side shots of the chips?

Thanks!
OK, let me make this clear: @Changster, you're probably a perfectly nice guy. But you're bidding in the other Gardena sale -- the one with multiple racks of essentially useless $50s, etc. -- so I'd prefer that you not bid here.

You have no pictures of your chip sets posted on PCF, no evidence of what you're doing with the chips you buy (other than murdering many), or if you know what you're doing (e.g., the wildly inflated chip values you volunteer so freely), other than splashing money around -- and I don't need your money.

I felt slimy for a week after accepting too much of your money for the two racks of ES quarters.

If I'm going to sell chips, even by auction, I'd like them to go somewhere where I'm confident they'll have a good home.

So yeah, you're going on my ignore list, and I'd appreciate being put on yours. Dunno what effect that has on auctions, but maybe we'll see.

I am a newbie...but what am I missing here? OP has a set to sell in an Auction, someone asks a few reasonable questions about the set, then OP attacks him for asking questions to clarify a few things missing in the listing (how dare?) even though OP has sold him some expensive chips before and now decides to ban him from getting these chips and putting him on his ignore list? :banghead:

I am a newbie...but what am I missing here? OP has a set to sell in an Auction, someone asks a few reasonable questions about the set, then OP attacks him for asking questions to clarify a few things missing in the listing (how dare?) even though OP has sold him some expensive chips before and now decides to ban him from getting these chips and putting him on his ignore list? :banghead:

He only wants to sell me the $8/chip chips. For these, he wants to make sure I don’t bid it up at the detriment of “the community” (since he’s looking out for everyone) ;)

Yeah, it's fun. Isn't it.

LOL Pretty much sums it up. Also note that it’s the OP’s business what others do with the chips they buy. How dare they not share pictures of their private chips set collections! What?? LOL

Edit: OK, let me make this clear, OP is probably a perfectly nice guy.

Last edited:
OP sees ad go up for sale, asks questions about the chips for sale as if he's interested in bidding, sees a guy bid on said chips, then the OP posts a competing ad out of spite. Then a guy reasonably asks a couple of questions just like the OP did in the other ad and he publicly bans him from the auction. Meanwhile, he has previously charged the maximum for other chips to the very same person and berates him for paying top prices lol. Claims to be the saviour of new chippers but has no problem taking advantage of those situations in private. He probably wanted some chips and @Changster outbid him and now he's bitter. What an absolute joke.

@Changster is an outstanding member and has never taken advantage of anyone on here. He's a great guy to deal with. This guy is so bitter that he wants to publicly shame a guy for paying what he thinks is fair. What's it to you? How about you take a course in economics, it's called supply and demand.

I honestly think no one should do business with this guy.

I'd also like to point out how dangerous this move is to this community and the main reason I chose to speak up. The fact that he did this almost makes every other auction useless because now whenever a seller puts up an auction and doesn't get a price he/she desires, he can just say "Oh, he's banned, I'm not selling the chips to him, so auction is off"

Think about that.

Current high bid is 4050 by @Perthmike in case anyone needs that.

@CndWrist we’ve been asked not to threadcrap (I think they meant threadjack) any further. While several established chippers have defended the actions to a degree, I (and several other chippers, particularly newish ones like me) are awaiting someone to explain how this is allowable logistically.

.... I (and several other chippers, particularly newish ones like me) are awaiting someone to explain how this is allowable logistically.

Let me explain it to you in simple terms, then:

There have been no "actions". The auction is live and will run to completion as far as I am concerned.

I have simply asked one person, whose repeated conduct I see as being extremely harmful to this forum, to not bid on these chips. His actions are up to him; I have no idea what he might do, if anything. My actions at the end of the auction will be up to me. Neither you nor any of your "newish" brethren have any idea what will happen then -- and neither do I.

As far as "logistics" are concerned, despite being a retired Army logistics officer, I don't see it applying to anything that's going on here. You might explain exactly what you mean by that term in this context.

Oh, and CndWrist's dramatic fiction and multiple outright lies in # 162 and 163 have no basis in reality.

There have been no "actions". The auction is live and will run to completion as far as I am concerned.

I have simply asked one person, whose repeated conduct I see as being extremely harmful to this forum, to not bid on these chips. His actions are up to him; I have no idea what he might do, if anything. My actions at the end of the auction will be up to me. Neither you nor any of your "newish" brethren have any idea what will happen then -- and neither do I.

As far as "logistics" are concerned, despite being a retired Army logistics officer, I don't see it applying to anything that's going on here. You might explain exactly what you mean by that term in this context.

Oh, and CndWrist's dramatic fiction and multiple outright lies in # 162 and 163 have no basis in reality.

@pltrgyst We have an auction with a serious amount of cash involved, and I (we) have no idea what will happen, and neither does the seller (you). But we’ll find out at the end (when you take whatever action you might).

Sounds extraordinarily shady and unscrupulous, but’s thats an opinion so it doesn’t matter I guess. Thanks for responding, I’ll let others interpret your response for themselves.

That's true of every PCF transaction.
Honestly that hasn’t been my experience so far. Usually people post items, I offer an amount or agree to predescribed amount, and we exchange currency for goods.

To date, I haven’t had to wait to see if someone will fulfill their end and meet obligations or decide to take an action which might affect me. PCF thrived long before me and will survive long after, so no worries. Best of luck to all of this is the direction we’re headed in (and what established chippers are willing to defend).

Please let me know which of my statements were "lies"

The reality is your move was 100% premeditated from the start. YOU knew @Changster would bid on your auction because you posted right after commenting on the first one. You saw him bid knowing very well he'd show interest in your ad and you knew very well that you would publicly ban him. If you really did have an ounce of respect for this forum, you would have messaged him privately letting him know you'd appreciate him not bidding on your auction. You chose the public way because you want members to see you as some righteous saviour coming to save the community.

@CndWrist again while people may agree with you, that goes beyond the scope of the auction and is still subjective and speculative. I think without trying to determine what Pltr’s thoughts were prior to the auction, his actions during the auction speak volumes and absolutely don’t appear to be in line with the spirit of the guidelines, and possibly the literal interpretation as well.

Best of luck to all of this is the direction we’re headed in (and what established chippers are willing to defend).

I just defended Larry from my face-to-face interactions with him

I'm not familiar with the history between these two, but would say this thread has become a shit-show, and I'd say both sides bear some responsibility for that

I just defended Larry from my face-to-face interactions with him

I'm not familiar with the history between these two, but would say this thread has become a shit-show, and I'd say both sides bear some responsibility for that
Agreed to the shit show, however I don’t need a history. A seller wants to go ahead and leave himself options at the end of an auction to....do something? That’s the bottom line, and I don’t need a he said she said, simply a yes that’s cool or no it’s not so me and my “newish brethren” (connotation also speaks volumes) know what to expect from auctions.

I’m out after this, I enjoy the banter much more when it includes USA! USA! USA!

I honestly DGAF about this auction... I’ve been caught up sweating and cheering for my friend from my home game who just took 2nd at the 25K WSOP high roller PLO event!!!

One million dollar payday!!!

This weekend has been AWESOME.

:D

View attachment 302601
That’s awesome! Hope for your sake he doesn’t play that well at your home games :LOL: :laugh:

I honestly DGAF about this auction... I’ve been caught up sweating and cheering for my friend from my home game who just took 2nd at the 25K WSOP high roller PLO event!!!

One million dollar payday!!!

This weekend has been AWESOME.

:D

View attachment 302601

So now he's buying you all of the Horseshoe Gardena chips?

My actions at the end of the auction will be up to me. Neither you nor any of your "newish" brethren have any idea what will happen then -- and neither do I.

At the risk of thread crapping, publicly stating that you may or may not hold up your obligations as seller is bullshit.

Nice chips and GLWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom