Auction 1,900+ Paulson Horseshoe Gardena Chips (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this site allow auctions to exclude certain people from bidding/winning? Asking for a friend.
Can't make someone to sell to someone, even the winner of an auction I suppose but not making it explicitly known at the beginning of the auction (unless the excluding events occurring during the auction) whose bids are invalid, would be in poor taste.

in @pltrgyst defense, he and I butted heads many-a-time in the past online. But I've met him in person at multiple events and we've always gotten along quite well.

I too, have had people think one thing of me, based on either online interactions only (or from what others said of me in the past) and then they met me and we got along famously.

Likewise, there are folks I butted heads with for my first few years in the community and I get along fine with them now. We don't always see eye-to-eye on things, and sometimes I'm wrong and sometimes they're wrong, and sometimes we're both wrong.

But at the end of the day, life is too short to feed into the negativity.

CLIFFS: kumbaya mfkers!
That's great and all and I'm sure pltrgyst is a dandy person face to face... but I do fail to see changsters error here, past buying every chip in existence. He got a talking to about bidding on a open auction.... I mean, people can defend whatever we want, but a spade is a spade.

Jesus... I'm the king of trolling but even I know how to treat people decent.

in @pltrgyst defense, he and I butted heads many-a-time in the past online. But I've met him in person at multiple events and we've always gotten along quite well.

I too, have had people think one thing of me, based on either online interactions only (or from what others said of me in the past) and then they met me and we got along famously.

Likewise, there are folks I butted heads with for my first few years in the community and I get along fine with them now. We don't always see eye-to-eye on things, and sometimes I'm wrong and sometimes they're wrong, and sometimes we're both wrong.

But at the end of the day, life is too short to feed into the negativity.

CLIFFS: kumbaya mfkers!

Shadap you asshat. :mad:

There, now our negative interaction is out of the way. Let's be best friends!!! :tup: :D

That's great and all and I'm sure pltrgyst is a dandy person face to face... but I do fail to see changsters error here, past buying every chip in existence. He got a talking to about bidding on a open auction.... I mean, people can defend whatever we want, but a spade is a spade.

Jesus... I'm the king of trolling but even I know how to treat people decent.

I'm not saying I agree with every post Larry makes or that's he's right or wrong here. I don't know the history between those two. I'm just sharing my own personal experience on a face-to-face basis with the guy.

He didn't like me at first either and we butted heads, but managed to break bread and agree to disagree on some things and moved on from the drama is all.

I'm not saying I agree with every post Larry makes or that's he's right or wrong here. I don't know the history between those two. I'm just sharing my own personal experience on a face-to-face basis with the guy.

He didn't like me at first either and we butted heads, but managed to break bread and agree to disagree on some things and moved on from the drama is all.
You have a great story and relationship filled with highs and lows, a story of redemption, of gumption! One where common sense and decency won.

That being said, we could all...uhhh...just not be dic** online to each other, and then you can skip the beginning and go right to friends!

He didn't like me at first
I get the feeling that this is common place from Larry. I really try to stay out of the drama here. I really do. But, I get the feeling sometimes that some of those that have been here a long time feel that this place belongs to them. They would rather have it an exclusive club where membership is extended by sponsorship only, like the Elks or a country club. I have seen quite a few "old school" members make fun of new members because of their lack of understanding the traditions and norms.

On the other hand, some of the long time members here have been very gracious and helpful towards me, and have sent me PMs when I am out of line. I thanked them for that.

And I am probably now blocked by Larry. :(

Yes, but your first line was "in pltrgyst defense". Then you say you don't agree or disagree, but your defending him personally. Then you say you don't know there history, when he breaks it down and basically says he doesn't post enough chips a few posts back. I mean, you can defend whatever... But this is pretty black and white in the "WTholyF" catagory.

Him even posting this and verbally crapping on the other auction is pretty shitty if you ask me.

But, in the end, whatever. People can be shitty, I just hate when people validate it. Its a peeve.

I'm not here to bust your balls tho, you're a good one, I just don't understand people around here (or in person) sometimes.

I get the feeling that this is common place from Larry. I really try to stay out of the drama here. I really do. But, I get the feeling sometimes that some of those that have been here a long time feel that this place belongs to them. They would rather have it an exclusive club where membership is extended by sponsorship only, like the Elks or a country club. I have seen quite a few "old school" members make fun of new members because of their lack of understanding the traditions and norms.
This. This so much.

If you don’t wanna sell to me, it’s no big deal. I take no offense. It is what it is.

On the other hand, some of the long time members here have been very gracious and helpful towards me, and have sent me PMs when I am out of line. I thanked them for that.

And I am probably now blocked by Larry. :(
My takeaway from this is we need Elks hats....

Oh yeah, you blocked. Do I receive some type of notice when I get blocked? What does that mean, you just can't see someone else's threads/posts? I'm not familiar but strangely excited.
No clue. I don't pay enough attention to anything....

I have no skin in the game, it's just a slow Friday at work.

However, I can't help but think of (edit) OP logging in, excited to see literally 30-50 notifications for auction. $$$$ :D And then seeing the actual replies.... :meh:
No notification when you get blocked and when you block someone you don’t see their posts but there’s a button “show blocked content” you can press to see it on the thread when someone whose blocked posts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom