Whoa, how can you NOT order a table from Chanman Tables... (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So... my buddy played my game, and simply HAD to have a similar table... So he started out looking at a local builder, who I recommended. We were also looking at Chanman for his amazing cloths and suited diffusers, but after pricing a table out on Tony's website, and then doing the currency conversion from CAD to US, it was a no brainier. Much cheaper than the local builder, and I'd recon at least as good (if not better) table. That's after shipping too.

So if you've thought you couldn't afford an amazing table, think again! the U.S. Dollar is strong compared to the CAD $ so you might just make out alright...

Can't wait to see Tony's work up close!

How, you ask? Because I spent all my money on more chips. Duh!!!

Actually I have a chunk of change right now and am debating between more chips, new table or antique chest for chip storage.

Those are some nice tables . . . .

DrStrange

Seriously, price out your dream table, then do the curency conversion... I was shocked. Tony has said shipping is always in the neighborhood of $350 to anywhere in the U.S.

I think mine would be about 1800 with shipping, approx. 1350 us.............still to much for me.

I'm in the hunt for a table (with folding legs)...however my budget is not much (bought another pinball machine recently LOL) so I need to keep it on the cheap

Hey, @T_Chan, you have your custom cloths listed at 1:1 for US orders to cover shipping here: http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-cloths.3661/

Any chance we can adjust that for the current raging erection that is the value of the USD?

I unfortunately can't make the adjustment due to the fact that I'm incurring the same conversion hit when I purchase the gaming suede from the US. My recent order of 80 yards of cloth was quite a bit higher than the last order I made a few months ago. Most of my orders are in the US, Canadians are getting a price break on the cloths. If anything, I've been on the fence about charging Canadians in USD but my maple leaf heart bleeds for my fellow Canadians.

It is indeed a great opportunity for Americans to buy from Canada. Bear in mind that the current conversion rate won't last forever!

I unfortunately can't make the adjustment due to the fact that I'm incurring the same conversion hit when I purchase the gaming suede from the US. My recent order of 80 yards of cloth was quite a bit higher than the last order I made a few months ago. Most of my orders are in the US, Canadians are getting a price break on the cloths. If anything, I've been on the fence about charging Canadians in USD but my maple leaf heart bleeds for my fellow Canadians.

It is indeed a great opportunity for Americans to buy from Canada. Bear in mind that the current conversion rate won't last forever!

Makes sense. Anybody have a Canadian online maple syrup outlet they recommend, or does that all get interdicted at the border as a resource of strategic national importance?

So... my buddy played my game, and simply HAD to have a similar table... So he started out looking at a local builder, who I recommended. We were also looking at Chanman for his amazing cloths and suited diffusers, but after pricing a table out on Tony's website, and then doing the currency conversion from CAD to US, it was a no brainier. Much cheaper than the local builder, and I'd recon at least as good (if not better) table. That's after shipping too.

So if you've thought you couldn't afford an amazing table, think again! the U.S. Dollar is strong compared to the CAD $ so you might just make out alright...

Can't wait to see Tony's work up close!

Not to mention Tony's level of professionalism, ridiculously fast communication skills, and his close-tailored approach to table making is second to none. It's almost as if he's more enthusiastic than I am, which I find ridiculously hard to believe.

Last edited:
@T_Chan Is shipping to Bellingham also $350? Any chance of a reduced-cost local delivery option?

Makes sense. Anybody have a Canadian online maple syrup outlet they recommend, or does that all get interdicted at the border as a resource of strategic national importance?

Good luck getting any maple syrup across the border. We guard that stuff like gold. If it wasn't so plentiful here I might take it as form of payment ;)

Thanks Zippity, it's been a pleasure working with you so far. I have to say I love my work and coming up with new ideas and designs. The gruntwork of building the tables is all overcome with the creative design process.

Joe, $350 is just an approximate. All locations are different prices, I charge actual shipping costs. Shipping to Bellingham should be much cheaper. Shipping charges also depend on the actual size and weight of the final product which is different for every table. I once shipped a thin table topper across Canada for $60. For somewhere as near as Bellingham, you could even come pick up the table (which is what Zippity might do) or I can deliver it to you personally. Delivery might be cheaper than having it shipped by freight.

Seriously, price out your dream table, then do the curency conversion... I was shocked. Tony has said shipping is usually in the neighborhood of $350 to anywhere in the U.S.

FYP. As I mentioned, closer is cheaper. I'm in the process of building a 44"x96" table which will have a solid maple dining table cover and large modern style base going to Indiana which will ship for about $325. So for such a large, heavy table the cost is reasonable IMO.

I do have that kind of money in my poker fund and I eyed several recent builds with lust. Good work is worth the cost.

What I really need is nice storage for way too many poker chips . . . . perhaps a custom table with storage might be just the ticket if the form factor for a chip storage base plus oval table.

That might be the ticket. I sent a note inquiring if this seems practical.

Thanks for the nudge -=- DrStrange

I'm looking for a new table toward the middle of the month but my total budget is around 700. Looking for a folding table with a betting line, dealer cut out would be a bonus. Seating 8-10. Got a small space. Wouldn't mind a round or octo 8 seater. Been price shopping.

Judging by the rave reviews on Tony's cloth I still think they are a helluva deal and I will ordering one but it'll have to wait until I remodel my recently flooded basement.

FYP. As I mentioned, closer is cheaper. I'm in the process of building a 44"x96" table which will have a solid maple dining table cover and large modern style base going to Indiana which will ship for about $325. So for such a large, heavy table the cost is reasonable IMO.
Pics? I know someone looking to get a table and will send them your way...

I'm looking for a new table toward the middle of the month but my total budget is around 700. Looking for a folding table with a betting line, dealer cut out would be a bonus. Seating 8-10. Got a small space. Wouldn't mind a round or octo 8 seater. Been price shopping.

PM me your postal code and I'll see how much shipping would cost to you for a basic oval or round/octagon.

Judging by the rave reviews on Tony's cloth I still think they are a helluva deal and I will ordering one but it'll have to wait until I remodel my recently flooded basement.

Bummer! Floods are nasty, I used to be an insurance adjuster so I know all about what you're going through. Let me know if you need any pointers in regards to your claim, assuming your making an insurance claim. Keep in mind insurance laws in Canada differ than those in USA.

What about samples? Could you ship me one of your nicest tables so I can sample your quality? If I like what I see I'll probably order one. :p

Well.... I offer cloth samples for $2 which go by envelope. I'll be happy to send you a sample of a poker table if you can figure out a way to fit it into a standard size envelope ;)

Pics? I know someone looking to get a table and will send them your way...

It's still under construction, only about half done and I haven't even started on the dining table cover yet. I will post pics when it's done. I just don't really have time to take construction photos anymore. I've got 5 tables on the go so I'm busy busy!

All this talk about exchange rate is making me sad I didn't buy Chips from the U.S back when the dollar was at par. =(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom