Re-upholstering Poker Table Rail (1 Viewer)

Hey Irish,
Do you use cup holder rings on your rails?
Thanks and have a great weekend.
Charlie

Negative on both accounts, sorry.
Hi again Irish ... regarding that Texuade SP ... When was the last time you were able to get some? Texuade.com seems to be totally defunct. Can't order, call or email. And other distributors say the SP is discontinued.

Out of curiosity, if that's true, what would you suggest, or do yourself for future builds? You've said that you'd never go back to vinyl over suede, and I think you said something along the lines of Soave (which you can get from YAT) isn't as good as SP.

I was about to order the SP, and now I'm kinda bummed that I can't find it. I'm curious about yours and @T_Chan opinion on this.

Thanks!

Hi again Irish ... regarding that Texuade SP ... When was the last time you were able to get some? Texuade.com seems to be totally defunct. Can't order, call or email. And other distributors say the SP is discontinued.

Out of curiosity, if that's true, what would you suggest, or do yourself for future builds? You've said that you'd never go back to vinyl over suede, and I think you said something along the lines of Soave (which you can get from YAT) isn't as good as SP.

I was about to order the SP, and now I'm kinda bummed that I can't find it. I'm curious about yours and @T_Chan opinion on this.

Thanks!
Haven't built a suede rail in quite a while and need to get new material samples. I've been told unisuede or this alternative from YAT are both good alternatives.

https://www.yourautotrim.com/imausu.html

Since Texuede has become unavailable, I've switched over to Unisuede with good results.
Thanks for chiming in Tony. Have you ever tried the Impression Automotive Suede that @Irish mentioned? YAT says..

"Impression Automotive Suede is almost identical to Unisuede in appearance and feel and has that thick, full body weight that exudes quality, but at a fraction of the price. It is an excellent alternative to the very expensive suedes since it actually looks, feels and performs better than most of them."

It's half the price of Unisuede. Not that that's an issue for me, I only need 2 yards for my small round table (the Steelers felt that I ordered from you turned out great by the way).

Anyway, just picking brains here since I'm about to order the rail fabric.

Just finished wrapping a 6" wide rail with vinyl...took 1000 staples altogether working by myself. I pulled out a bunch to re stretch the vinyl especially around the bends. I have a few more stretching to do in a few places, but it turned out really nice, with cup holders. Thanks to @T_Chan for tips on installing the cup rings.
20240314_225323.jpg

Attachments

• 20240314_225307.jpg
    20240314_225307.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240319_181658.jpg
    20240319_181658.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom