Fat Tire Lighted Rail Build Thread (3 Viewers)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437058957.338259.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437058985.411170.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437059000.424722.jpg

Just a few pictures from my first game on the table

One of my favorite felt designs. If not my favorite. I've said it before, I'll say it again. You and Steve knocked this out of the park.

I know I'm late to the party, but stocky is right. Chanman's felt is the nuts, Steve's design is awesome, and all of your work birthed on BAD ASS table! Congratulations, Erik!

Erik, you mentioned that you had your wood cuts done with a CNC. Do you have the files you used? I'm thinking of copying your design, and might try to get my wood cuts done that way.

Erik, you mentioned that you had your wood cuts done with a CNC. Do you have the files you used? I'm thinking of copying your design, and might try to get my wood cuts done that way.

Unfortunately I don't... If I were cutting a standard table by hand, I wouldn't use plans.. Just go for memory and experience.

Doing the raised rail, I had a local builder who does a lot of raised rails do my cuts from his plans (though I specified wood to use, dimensions, etc...).

That blows. It's the exact inverse of the way I'd do things. There's nothing wrong with your way, but I'm terribad at wood cuts. Maybe I can draw it out and have someone do the cuts for me. Not doing a raised rail if I can't find explicit plans.

Just looked back at this thread "two years" later. The table has seen lots of play since. I often forget the effort behind the build. Fun to look back... and to look forward (to the years of play yet to come).

That $1 :eek:(y) :thumbsup:

Did you do sample sets for those?

I would love a shot at a full fat tire poker chip sample set as well.... if at all possible :whistle: :whistling:

I did do samples of my tourney set, and shipped out over 30..but for my cash set, I’m electing not to.

I’ve had a ton of interest, and I’m honored and flattered. The cash set chips were almost double the cost of my tourney chips... weird. Mold, inlays, colors, spots. All premium upgrades. These werent cheap.

B85A25F6-8FBA-4F1F-90F0-80947ABCE341.jpeg

I’m curious on this table plan — what keeps the front of the padded rail from crushing the diffuser if someone leans on it? I dug around on the thread and couldn’t find a cross section of the rail and everything. Is it just braced from the back so it doesn’t compress on the front? I’m not sure if that makes sense what I’m asking...

I’m curious on this table plan — what keeps the front of the padded rail from crushing the diffuser if someone leans on it? I dug around on the thread and couldn’t find a cross section of the rail and everything. Is it just braced from the back so it doesn’t compress on the front? I’m not sure if that makes sense what I’m asking...
The rail is supported by "supports' on the rail itself.

Attachments

• IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2766.jpg
    IMG_2766.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 111
Hello, I really like your table build and design. I would like to ask permission to use some aspects of your design for a personal build I am doing. Specifically, the chain betting line, the betting area background, and the design between the center logo and sprockets. I didn't see any way to private message you, so I hope you don't mind me commenting on your thread. Thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom