What's the most you have spent on a set? (1 Viewer)

Dollar for dollar. This Monstrosity....
IMG_20210713_131525.jpg

CPC I hit some personal records for the set coming up..... Oi. But I don't think it beats how much I've spent on above. Might be close, but it's hard to figure as the Westworlds have been over 3 or so years.....

Foundations were a big bulk purchase for Ben and I

20210823_122411.jpg

And then my babies

20200903_202144.jpg

This set is now complete with a 5th rack of $5s that fills the empty space in the top of the middle row

And
20201117_070336.jpg

This which is now (plus some spare barrels)

20220515_133744.jpg

And it is true that I sold my old 92 Ford pick up to buy the 1st rack of PCA primary $500...

I love them. And its been the best dang fit I've found, but it's just 85% of the way there. I shall always keep searching. Because obv it's needed. Not pointless at all....
They do look really good. And you may as well keep them, because if you had to unload them, who the hell would buy a rack of yellow THCs?

Love this thread - it makes me think I don’t have a problem (relatively speaking)

My answer is roughly $1,200 for my Jacks, though my mixed set will eventually eclipse that easily

Easily my semi-custom set that’s been in the works for 2.5 to 3 years has been the most expensive and it’s not even done!

I’m not @Mongoose, I’m @turtle. Wait, there’s a current set that I’m working on. Lord knows how long that will take!

Last edited:
About $1,000 is the most I've spent on a set. Y'all are some sick monkeys. Always started with TCR sales to build a set. I waited forever to buy PCA chips. Why ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From memory, I'm sure I'm off a little bit here and there. Fracs were not from TCR, except 1 rack.

1658291836958.png

Um … thankfully I don’t have a spread sheet like this to share (thank God). However, I do have a hand written ledger over the last 4 years that scares me!

I keep my cigar spend spreadsheet to myself. It's much much worse. Actually, I don't have a cigar spreadsheet because it would scare the shit out of me. Now if I stopped smoking cigars, drinking beer & bourbon, I could afford some nicer sets but I only play poker every now and then. Other stuff is on a daily basis.

One aspect is art and design fees or labels, I've got over 1k in art and fees, and some of the most expensive hasn't even been seen.

I received a pending invoice today! for a CPC set.

$5,675.78 - 1,082 chips (5.25 a chip)

We'll see if I post an update :sneaky:

One aspect is art and design fees or labels, I've got over 1k in art and fees, and some of the most expensive hasn't even been seen.

I received a pending invoice today! for a CPC set.

$5,675.78 - 1,082 chips (5.25 a chip)

We'll see if I post an update :sneaky:

Can't wait to see the edge spots on these. Must be epic.

I am such a novice, the highest I paid for a set are just under $1k for a set of used PCA set 600 chip set with 70+ extra spare denomination

And the rest of my chipsets are build under $1/chip budget

I don’t included the shipping cost & PP cost as it will not be a fair reflection on the cost

Last edited:
Nice
I need them to order new $5s there
I could use two racks for a project
I'm really surprised the Flamingo $5s are in such bad shape. They got a ton of them in the spring of 2019, less than a year before the lockdowns. Shouldn't have more than about a year and a half of play on them. I got mine that summer and they were still pulling out brand new racks on a regular basis.

Not sure if more will be coming. Isn't the Flamingo re-branding?

I'm really surprised the Flamingo $5s are in such bad shape. They got a ton of them in the spring of 2019, less than a year before the lockdowns. Shouldn't have more than about a year and a half of play on them. I got mine that summer and they were still pulling out brand new racks on a regular basis.

Not sure if more will be coming. Isn't the Flamingo re-branding?
I don’t think the flamingo is rebranding
Yah I heard they were beat up and have no poker

Hopefully they get another reorder they fit my skinny spot theme perfect

Some sick puppies ITT

Don’t currently own any sets I spent more than $3/chip on. Think most I spent in a one time buy was €3000 for a WTHC cashset

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom